Broncos make the same
mistakes as bulldogs
did
one player
stupid.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are plenty of reasons we hate the Roosters. Signing former Bulldogs is just one way we express a fraction of that hate. heheheeh

As for the Broncos and the Bulldogs, I really don't think we hate each other... there's just a hell of an awesome rivalry there. I love watching the Broncs play and am always psyched for the Broncs Bulldogs clashes. We've got a pretty good record against the Broncos at Suncorp.

This year it's going to be even more interesting with so many ex broncs in our squad.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Did anyone mention that Matt has at least 4 Broncos from other clubs in his sig pic? I only read a page or so after he started being critical so don't know if someone mentioned it later.

I can't recognise one of the guys but he has P.J. Marsh (may have originally come from Brisbane?), Joel Clinton (from Penrith), Peter Wallace (from Penrith) and Ashton Sims (from St.Geo-Illa).

I just thought it was rather ironic.

I joke about us being the Canterbury Broncos anyway though, so I don't mind others saying it.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone mention that Matt has at least 4 Broncos from other clubs in his sig pic? I only read a page or so after he started being critical so don't know if someone mentioned it later.

I can't recognise one of the guys but he has P.J. Marsh (may have originally come from Brisbane?), Joel Clinton (from Penrith), Peter Wallace (from Penrith) and Ashton Sims (from St.Geo-Illa).
HEheheh good call...

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
We will see.

Its the players who wins games not the coach.

Ivan will be a great coach in my opinion.
He was an exceptional waterboy! ;)

As for the rivalry, it is healthy and the two teams always seem to produce great games!

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i made a few post yesterday arvo but had to go to tafe, so i'm gonna try to answer a few

@ KE, fair point, i understand that there is a difference between buying player to replace other who have have been lost rather then buying players and getting rid of your own but with that, why did we sign ennis ? we had a loyal player in hughes (i agree with the move, just want your opinion)

@ lalalalala sonny was off contract in 2005, signed a 2 year deal and then signed a 5 year deal in 2007

@ dognacious, the roosters did get better, they had a few poor season after 04' and bounced back last season, largely due to players they had bought.

@ the talk of contract, everyone here seems to bag the media but uses their ESTIMATIONS of players contracts as a bible, why is this ? truth is, none of us know what any player is on and some estimations could be way off. the Broncos signed one of the best young talents in the game and despite losing some players they all signed promising back rower lagi setu and ben te'o along with journey man hooker aaron gorrel and have a squad good enough to contend for a title, i don't think signing folau was a mistake.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
KE, fair point, i understand that there is a difference between buying player to replace other who have have been lost rather then buying players and getting rid of your own but with that, why did we sign ennis ? we had a loyal player in hughes (i agree with the move, just want your opinion)
As much as I love Hughes, we had no other option to buy Ennis. Hughes has what? 1-2 years left in him? Ennis is fitter, smarter, a potential rep and is younger than Hughes.

Our heart told us to keep Hughes but our brain told us to buy Ennis. Sadly, that's business and the correct thing to do.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the talk of contract, everyone here seems to bag the media but uses their ESTIMATIONS of players contracts as a bible, why is this ? truth is, none of us know what any player is on and some estimations could be way off. the Broncos signed one of the best young talents in the game and despite losing some players they all signed promising back rower lagi setu and ben te'o along with journey man hooker aaron gorrel and have a squad good enough to contend for a title, i don't think signing folau was a mistake.
News Ltd reported that Folau was signed for roughly 450K. News Ltd majority own Brisbane and fully own Storm. If anyone would know the figure, it'd be News Ltd.

Signing Folau WAS a mistake. Paying ANYWHERE near that amount for a centre is stupid considering how many quality players you have off contract at the same time. Granted they were bound to lose some of the players but give me a SOO prop and/or a future rep Hooker over an overhyped centre anyday.

Forwards win you games, not centres.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
News Ltd reported that Folau was signed for roughly 450K. News Ltd majority own Brisbane and fully own Storm. If anyone would know the figure, it'd be News Ltd.

Signing Folau WAS a mistake. Paying ANYWHERE near that amount for a centre is stupid considering how many quality players you have off contract at the same time. Granted they were bound to lose some of the players but give me a SOO prop and/or a future rep Hooker over an overhyped centre anyday.

bruno cullen was quoted as saying it was no where near the reported figure, now i do know your next post will be somthing like: of cource the ceo would say that etc, but really, i'd take his word over the australian media. i realise that news LTD own both but that doesn't mean the journalist know about every contract.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Some of the players like Eastwood and Stagg were probably let go because they thought they had better ones in Te'o and Setu.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
I truly believe that the Broncos are in pretty good shape with the young talent coming through. Izzy will just add to that youth and power and they will be a force for the next 3-4 years.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

how can you call signing falou a mistake.. lets wait until September and then we will see if it was a mistake or not. the broncos already have a future qld hooker Andrew McCullough

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
bruno cullen was quoted as saying it was no where near the reported figure, now i do know your next post will be somthing like: of cource the ceo would say that etc, but really, i'd take his word over the australian media. i realise that news LTD own both but that doesn't mean the journalist know about every contract.
LOL. You're right. You do know what I am going to say.

I would also deny signing a centre for 450K a season. Melbourne know how much he was signed for, they could have released the figure out of spite or whatever.

End of the day, if you know you have two thirds of your front row off contract and go sign a centre for 400K + I'm amazed you even got the job as CEO.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I truly believe that the Broncos are in pretty good shape with the young talent coming through. Izzy will just add to that youth and power and they will be a force for the next 3-4 years.
Their front row is average at best. It was a massive mistake to let Hannant AND Ennis go.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
LOL@the commentators waiting for the first bomb to Falou in his first game for Brisbane and I can only recall one that came late in the game and he got nowhere near it. If opposition teams can defend that better, he'll be half the player tbh. On the ground he's not nearly as effective.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL@the commentators waiting for the first bomb to Falou in his first game for Brisbane and I can only recall one that came late in the game and he got nowhere near it. If opposition teams can defend that better, he'll be half the player tbh. On the ground he's not nearly as effective.
LOL i know. Andrew Voss is an idiot.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Their front row is average at best. It was a massive mistake to let Hannant AND Ennis go.
TBH, clinton outplayed hannat for most games last season, and ennis was/is a huge loss no doubting that, but tbh, I don't thikn the bulldogs front row is any better than the broncos one but the broncos have a backline HEAPS better with a lot more depth. That is IMO, however.
Obviously if we had Freak, Absolute, the front row wouldn't be a problem anyway, but he was more expensive than falou.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL i know. Andrew Voss is an idiot.
That's why I will rate Idris over Folau.

Idris isn't as powerful yet but when he gets there, he will be better than Folau becuase he has the speed and good footwork too.He'll be damaging in the air and on the ground and that's saying somthing.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH, clinton outplayed hannat for most games last season, and ennis was/is a huge loss no doubting that, but tbh, I don't thikn the bulldogs front row is any better than the broncos one but the broncos have a backline HEAPS better with a lot more depth. That is IMO, however.
Obviously if we had Freak, Absolute, the front row wouldn't be a problem anyway, but he was more expensive than falou.
ROFL. You can't be serious.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't thikn the bulldogs front row is any better than the broncos one
What?

8- Hannant
9- Ennis
10- Hodgson

is MUCH better than: