Cannabis users 'suffering new syndrome'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive seen first hand how pot can **** people up. My brother in law was a massive pot head and he completely lost his ****. He would be laughing one minute, then crying the next. He ripped out the fuse box in his ute cause he thought it was bugged, he punched the **** out of his Dad cause in his ****ed up head he thought his girlfriend was a pro and his old man was her pimp! I know a fair few people that are Skitzo and they are all heavy pot users. Pot is ****ed and should never be legalised. Most people that smoke it are losers that never get any where in life.

mantissa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i know many long term heavy pot smokers who hold down respectable jobs and have decent families. None of them are losers and to categorise pot smokers as all f#*&ed up is like saying everyone that drinks is an alcoholic.
The ones that go nuts were probably going mad anyway and the pot has just exaggerated their mental state. The chemicals in hydroponic pot can play with some peoples brains just like alcohol.We all know someone that can't handle their grog and to honest I would much rather be with someone stoned than drunk.
Yes it is illegal but i think alcohol does much more harm to individuals and their families.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol
people who think marijuana is good for you/not bad for you are seriously ****ed.
smoking ANYTHING is bad for you. when you smoke anything, you inhale carbon as a form of soot, which is a really bad carcinogen.
not even touching on the many mental issues people can get from smoking it...

G

Gladiator.

lets discuss this seriously.....over a few cones

look i see notching wrong with it occasionally, me however havent touched it in over 6 months and dont plan on either, but who am i to judge anyone, so i reckon you should do what you want, and if you wanna get high, get high who am i to stop you

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive seen first hand how pot can **** people up. My brother in law was a massive pot head and he completely lost his ****. He would be laughing one minute, then crying the next. He ripped out the fuse box in his ute cause he thought it was bugged, he punched the **** out of his Dad cause in his ****ed up head he thought his girlfriend was a pro and his old man was her pimp! I know a fair few people that are Skitzo and they are all heavy pot users. Pot is ****ed and should never be legalised. Most people that smoke it are losers that never get any where in life.
No doubt your friend should not have continued to use when he had an underlying medical condition. The problem is you are blaming everything on one aspect of his life. Did he ever drink, do other drugs, does he have other conditions, family history.......... the list is endless. This is not a case of proved right or wrong you just can never say for sure. It is just as likely that your friend was smoking to relieve symptoms of mental illness which in this case made the problem worse. Most people are losers that never get anywhere is just plain crap. What about all those aussie politicians that smoked it they did all right for themselves. Willie nelson has probably made and lost more money than everyone on the kennel combined. What you really got here is a big case of believing stereotypes without questioning them.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
lets discuss this seriously.....over a few cones

look i see notching wrong with it occasionally, me however havent touched it in over 6 months and dont plan on either, but who am i to judge anyone, so i reckon you should do what you want, and if you wanna get high, get high who am i to stop you
Bingo who am i to stop you? As long as you are 18+, not on the roads etc then they should have no right. What annoys me the most is we effectively pay politicians to waste our money on enforcement, bogus studies and for what? What really is the purpose of it all? Is there anyone in the universe who seriously thinks that after all these years a 100 million plus people are just going to give up consuming it?

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No doubt your friend should not have continued to use when he had an underlying medical condition. The problem is you are blaming everything on one aspect of his life. Did he ever drink, do other drugs, does he have other conditions, family history.......... the list is endless. This is not a case of proved right or wrong you just can never say for sure. It is just as likely that your friend was smoking to relieve symptoms of mental illness which in this case made the problem worse. Most people are losers that never get anywhere is just plain crap. What about all those aussie politicians that smoked it they did all right for themselves. Willie nelson has probably made and lost more money than everyone on the kennel combined. What you really got here is a big case of believing stereotypes without questioning them.
He never drank or took other drugs, he smoked pot from about 15 and all the stuff I mentioned happened around his 21st birthday. He spent his 21st in the Pysch unit an Nepean hospital and was suicidal. Now he is fine until he has a smoke which may be about once a year. He loses it and falls back into that state.

I'm not saying everyone that smoke pot is a loser, but the majority that I know are. From when we were talking to the doctors about my brother in law, they were saying that people can have mental illness and go through their lives without even knowing, but smoking pot is like a switch that triggers the illness into action.

B

Billy Ngawini

lol pointing the finger a cigs, and alcohol is stupid.

they are seperate issues, the issue here is pot man. smoke it or dont smoke it, at the end of the day it is illegal and no governement in their right mind would ever leagalise it.

harping on about the issues other drugs cause is irrelevant

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol pointing the finger a cigs, and alcohol is stupid.

they are seperate issues, the issue here is pot man. smoke it or dont smoke it, at the end of the day it is illegal and no governement in their right mind would ever leagalise it.

harping on about the issues other drugs cause is irrelevant
Maybe that's the reason they won't legalise it?? You can grow your own so it can't be taxed. Nothing in it for the government.

You can't grow your own tobacco because it has to be cured and go through other processes before you can smoke it.

How are they seperate issues exactly? The only way they are seperate is that one is legal and the other isn't. ;)

B

Billy Ngawini

Maybe that's the reason they won't legalise it?? You can grow your own so it can't be taxed. Nothing in it for the government.

You can't grow your own tobacco because it has to be cured and go through other processes before you can smoke it.

How are they seperate issues exactly? The only way they are seperate is that one is legal and the other isn't. ;)
they all create different problems, tobacco casues people to die from numerous diseases, alcohol causes social problems, pot is linked to mental illness.

to say they are all simillar is rubbish, it is really impossible to now ban smoking and alcohol becuase of the way it has been planted into our soceity over numerous decades. to add more drugs that are proven to cause problems is not only irresponsible it is utterly stupid.

we need to limit the damage casued by the current problems instead of adding to it, hence the stupid arguement of "cigs and alcohol are legal so why cant pot be legal too" has no merit whatsoever

B

Billy Ngawini

That's the whole point if its legal you pay tax not that hard to understand. Governments legalise thousands of drugs have you never seen a chemist?. Just sit back roll up a gasper and knock back another beer;)
yeh sorry, I misread what you said mate.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they all create different problems, tobacco casues people to die from numerous diseases, alcohol causes social problems, pot is linked to mental illness.

to say they are all simillar is rubbish, it is really impossible to now ban smoking and alcohol becuase of the way it has been planted into our soceity over numerous decades. to add more drugs that are proven to cause problems is not only irresponsible it is utterly stupid.

we need to limit the damage casued by the current problems instead of adding to it, hence the stupid arguement of "cigs and alcohol are legal so why cant pot be legal too" has no merit whatsoever
In your opinion it's rubbish... based on the fact that cigs and booze was "planted on us a few decades ago". :D

Why don't you tell us why they SHOULDN'T ban alcohol and tobacco?

And try to defend yourself as eloquently as Deimus has. You called him a moron, yet when one looks at this thread and reads the posts, Deimus certainly is not the moron.

I'm not for legalisation of any harmful "recreational" drugs. I'm very anti-drugs myself, but it has to be said that when you look at the facts, it makes you wonder why the government make decisions that they do.

U

Upskirt News

ol babs but demius is a pot smoking moron who defends murderers and rap!sts

B

Billy Ngawini

In your opinion it's rubbish... based on the fact that cigs and booze was "planted on us a few decades ago". :D

Why don't you tell us why they SHOULDN'T ban alcohol and tobacco?

And try to defend yourself as eloquently as Deimus has. You called him a moron, yet when one looks at this thread and reads the posts, Deimus certainly is not the moron.

I'm not for legalisation of any harmful "recreational" drugs. I'm very anti-drugs myself, but it has to be said that when you look at the facts, it makes you wonder why the government make decisions that they do.
we are not talking about banning cigs & alcohol, that is a seperate issue.

tobacco and alcohol have been apart of australians lives for numerous decades, it is not as easy as just saying turn off the tap. whereas making another drug legal just adds to the problem so why do it, you wanted to point to problems that already exist in relation to the legalisation of pot, which is what diemus was going on about when you butted in with some irrelevent point abt tobbaco tax. for the record I dont think banning smoking would be such a bad thing but in reality it is unworkable.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it is unworkable to ban tobacco. Not to mention what it would do to our economy.

In your opinion it is irrelevant, I don't think it is. They both involve smoking a plant of some sort.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
i feel like a sesh big time. Havent had a smoke in ages but i really shouldnt seeing as it makes me hear voices anyway.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Billy you are missing the point. People are going to continue to consume cannabis period. You are actually doing more harm than good by making it illegal. Which is what independant studies (not run or designed by government) prove time and time again. Tobacco and alcohol are relevant to this story as alcohol was once prohibited in America. What they found by doing this was that criminals made staggering ammounts of money, the government made no tax and people continued to drink. Why make something illegal that is hands down safer than other products you allow? How much do you estimate just enforcing these laws cost you in tax? How much time is an officer not attending to real crime while he is going through the process of charging you? Did any of you who keep harping on about mental illness side of things read any of Dr. Grinspoon's work? Think about it if cannabis was clearly as horrible for you than why do none of the studies (and there have been billions of dollars spent over decades) prove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.