News Canberra Raiders Corey Harawira-Naera and Corey Horsburgh charged with drink driving

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two Canberra Raiders stars have been charged with drink driving over the Christmas holidays.
Highly rated forwards Corey Harawira-Naera and Corey Horsburgh are due to face court cases before the start of the NRL season next month.

The Raiders have reported both cases to the NRL integrity unit.

It is a bad look, particularly for Harawira-Naera, who was involved in the Canterbury Bulldogs schoolgirl scandal in Port Macquarie last year.

Canberra Raiders forwards Corey Harawira-Naera and Corey Horsburgh both face drink driving charges.

Canberra Raiders forwards Corey Harawira-Naera and Corey Horsburgh both face drink driving charges.

Coach Ricky Stuart is known to be bitterly disappointed with both players but is standing by them. They face internal disciplinary action from the club and the NRL.

Police pulled over Harawira-Naera on Christmas Eve, where he was charged with high-range drink driving.

Horsburgh failed a random breath test on January 3 and returned a reading of 0.053, resulting in him being charged with low-range drink driving.

The NRL has been approached for comment.

If either player is suspended from playing, it will test the Raiders’ playing ranks despite the club boasting the best forward depth of any team in the NRL.

Harawira-Naera and youngster Hudson Young were expected to battle it out to replace John Bateman on the Raiders’ right edge.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s right. A few of us on here said he had a problem with alcohol but were laughed at
A few of us on here pointed out that he had to be counselled several times by the coaching staff and the leadership group, which finally lead to him being dropped. Whilst a lot on here complained endlessly that the coaching staff were total idiots for not picking him.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A few of us on here pointed out that he had to be counselled several times by the coaching staff and the leadership group, which finally lead to him being dropped. Whilst a lot on here complained endlessly that the coaching staff were idiots for not picking him.

Go Dogs
True mate. I remember it as clear as day. I’m just glad we got rid of him when he gave us the chance to. The club were hammered at the time but now vindicated surely

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I heard after failing the breathalizer test Horsburgh immediately tried to fight the officer and then started crying.
Hahaha poor bloke. I wanted to hug him haha

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
High range. Surely all high and mighty Ricky has to let him go now

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded