Can we beat Canberra by...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Too many what ifs!

Team 8 is Cannon Fodder for the Storm anyway, regardless of Gronk and Blair out, they will whip Newcastle, Souffs or us.

I hope we can do it, but it seems too little too late, the teams attitude during rounds 15-20 stunk and it has come back to haunt them in the final few weeks.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
The reality is that we have to beat the Raiders by 30 points plus the points differential of the Rabbitohs. Can we do it....YES, will be do it?

This team has the capability to do it. They showed in the second half yesterday that they can score quickly. Although its certainly a slim chance they can do it. Then to smash the Storm!

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The reality is that we have to beat the Raiders by 30 points plus the points differential of the Rabbitohs. Can we do it....YES, will be do it?
Sorry to shatter you dreams but its 40 we have to win by plus Souths F/A - Lets get that draw!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sorry to shatter you dreams but its 40 we have to win by plus Souths F/A - Lets get that draw!
Gooooo the draw, then the boys can win without going flat out to score points. Have something in the tank for week 1 final. 2nd best result is souths by 1. Then we need something like 41. Doable on a good day. We only have raiders and are at ANZ. They will be thinking about mad monday already. If Newcastle win we are cactus.

dean_aus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Biggest winning margin this season (22) - Bulldogs 28 Titans 6.
That means we've still got the big win in us. Biggest winning margin last seasons (46) - Bulldogs 60 Roosters 14

Btw. Sterlo just said we cant make it, Dan Ginnane said we can

Mr Patwa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People are forgetting that Raiders will be playing to avoid the wooden spoon so scoring points won't be easy... Will be a tough game... I think we only stand a chance if Rabbitohs and Knights draw on friday...

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are forgetting that Raiders will be playing to avoid the wooden spoon so scoring points won't be easy... Will be a tough game... I think we only stand a chance if Rabbitohs and Knights draw on friday...
raiders to get the spoon would have to lose by 60+ and eels win , they should put in for alan tongue though.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
canberra cant get the wooden spoon, that is unless both gold cooast and parramatta win when they play each other

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
well actually if canberra lose by 60 points more than gold coast lose to the eels then they can get it

i actually hope that happens

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
canberra cant get the wooden spoon, that is unless both gold cooast and parramatta win when they play each other
I guess that would be a win win situation.

Gaydars will have nothing but self conservation to play for.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You crazy? raiders lose by 60+, eels lose by 1.
canberra lost by 66 and gold coast lose by 4

but the wooden spoon playoff happens before our game so gold coast could win meaning canberra can lose by 165 if they want

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
canberra lost by 66 and gold coast lose by 4

but the wooden spoon playoff happens before our game so gold coast could win meaning canberra can lose by 165 if they want
Just think it would be a good way to finish off the season for the eels by losing in golden point to a preston campbell field goal.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Just think it would be a good way to finish off the season for the eels by losing in golden point to a preston campbell field goal.
yeah my ultimate result is eels wooden spoon by any means plus bulldogs sneaking in to the top 8

when is the last time parramatta have won the wooden spoon, its not a good feeling

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Since the last 2 weeks have been 1 point losses in extra time, and of course we beat them by 1 point in extra time, it would be ultimate if Eels lose by 1 in extra time lolz. And even better, after leading 24-0 at halftime.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it just me that thinks Canberra will probably beat us lol

See you all in March 2012 :grinning:

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
I guess that would be a win win situation.

Gaydars will have nothing but self conservation to play for.
They have more than self conservation to play for... It's Alan Tongue's last game. They are going to want to send him off with a win... Will be a hard game, but i dont doubt that the boys can bury them.

Status
Not open for further replies.