Can Todd Payten coach? I haven't seen much

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He can definitely coach. I think he's dealing with a shitty situation in Cowboys. Lolo doesn't train or play as hard enough as you would expect from a million dollar player. Valentines Holmes wants to play fullback (and was signed as a fullback) but clearly that is not his best position. Jordan McLean is getting paid overs and plays like Ogden. Michael Morgan injuries as well and Clifford just has not been able to kick on, partly due to having different halves partners every other week.

I get where Payton is coming from when he puts Lolo on blast like that. I just wonder if they're gonna back Payten or Lolo when shit hits the fan.
Cowboys have the makings of a good squad, recruitment for them should be an easy fix for them in most areas eg they have lacked genuine centres for a while, they could land Kris and Naden quite easily and Reynolds at HB could solves slot of issues in short term. I think Payten knows what he's doing, just upsetting a club where players have been use to "running the show" for way too long.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cowboys have the makings of a good squad, recruitment for them should be an easy fix for them in most areas eg they have lacked genuine centres for a while, they could land Kris and Naden quite easily and Reynolds at HB could solves slot of issues in short term. I think Payten knows what he's doing, just upsetting a club where players have been use to "running the show" for way too long.
Leaking 46 points at home? Dunno if he can coach

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't know where the Morgan medical retirement news came from. Payten says he's a chance of playing next week and they haven't explored a medical retirement.
Unless he is an immediate asst coach, he looked fit kicking the footy around and joking it up on tv last night. More media bs probably?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters against rabbits last year ?
Roosters made for a decent season before that. They ran out of puff. Rabbits would have hammered most teams that night

Todd Payten has never won a match with the cowboys. Titans have never ever won a maych by such a margin. He calls out taumalolo as a lazy defender . (Shaking my head)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Roosters made for a decent season before that. They ran out of puff. Rabbits would have hammered most teams that night

Todd Payten has never won a match with the cowboys. Titans have never ever won a maych by such a margin. He calls out taumalolo as a lazy defender . (Shaking my head)
People can do crazy things in management when they walk into a fucked environment... Payten has just taken the cut throat approach. Might be his downfall, could be short term pain for quicker recovery, time will tell

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you watch him in round 1? He was abysmal. Looks like he's been eating jam donuts all off season. I assuming he trained like absolute shit in the off season as well judging by Paytons comments.
what a load of utter crap.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another belting of the cowboys. I could understand if they lose matches but their defense is diabolical.

If I was Todd Payton I would focus on defense only and completing sets. Just get your systems right. Don't worry about who wins or loses the match , goal would be let in less than 10 points and complete 90%+ of your sets

When you keep losing 8-0 or 8-2 then we worry about attack.

But they let in 48 points!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Warriors finished the season strong & hype began on Payten...

I wish him the best but i really think hes going to be a fail at the Cowboys & in the NRL as a coach..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From what I've seen, he can coach about as well as a €20 dodgy rolex market watch keeping the correct time

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I’ll give Todd the benefit of the doubt for the next year or two when he can piss off all the lazy bums that are going around at the moment.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ll give Todd the benefit of the doubt for the next year or two when he can piss off all the lazy bums that are going around at the moment.
Whats your opinion on Drinkwater Lil Ms?