EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a stupid question, absolutely they can, go hard doggies,

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you don't believe we can win the comp, you can't really call yourself a fan.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't believe we can win the comp, you can't really call yourself a fan.
Interesting logic ,so if we had the worst players in the comp and said we love our team but we just haven't got the players yet it would mean your not a fan ,thats ridiculous

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting logic ,so if we had the worst players in the comp and said we love our team but we just haven't got the players yet it would mean your not a fan ,thats ridiculous
It doesn't matter who's on our team, or who we're playing I always believe they're capable of winning. Ive never tipped against them in a tipping comp and I've never felt they didn't have a team capable of winning the comp. that makes me a fan. Why ? do you go for them, all the while expecting them to lose ?

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the colour of the sky blue?..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who's on our team, or who we're playing I always believe they're capable of winning. Ive never tipped against them in a tipping comp and I've never felt they didn't have a team capable of winning the comp. that makes me a fan. Why ? do you go for them, all the while expecting them to lose ?
If i was a mad parra fan and supported them knowing that they are getting the spoon doesnt make someone not be a fan .supporting your team regardless of where they finish or how good or bad they are makes a loyal fan not saying they will win no matter what

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Being realistic about your team's prospects because the roster is not as strong as it should be doesn't not make you a fan.

That's enough Bad Billy. Time for a nap.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe I'm delusional. But I like it that way. Every week I go to the game convinced that we'll win, to me that's a much greater experience than going and hoping they compete.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mods, please action 1 week ban on anyone who votes, no

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Maybe I'm delusional. But I like it that way. Every week I go to the game convinced that we'll win, to me that's a much greater experience than going and hoping they compete.
Im like you when it comes to the tipping comps

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha mate loyalty is a great trait but just doesnt mean others arent ,i must admit most weeks i see the positives in our team

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha mate loyalty is a great trait but just doesnt mean others arent ,i must admit most weeks i see the positives in our team
Ok, I'll let you be a fan this year, but I want to see more irrational obsession next season.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I stuffed it up at the start and voted "Maybe" instead of "Yes they can".

Yes, we can win the comp this year.

Although we had a disruptive year in 2013 with the Barba thing, injuries and suspensions our club has a "siege mentality" that allows it to leave the bad times behind and forgotten. IMO that will be all behind us now.

Although we haven't signed "the best" half back, fullback or wingers in the off season I think that with Reynolds, Morris and Lafai we have the core of a very effective backline.

IMO we need three things to happen every game in 2014:

* Keep penalties to an absolute minimum
* Keep errors to an absolute minimum
* Our forwards play with aggression in attack and defence

Its forwards that win premierships. If our guys play to their capabilities and we cut the crap out of the game the rest will fall into place.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can we? Anyone can including Parramatta, St Merge, and Titans.
Will we? I don't believe we can (with an exception - see *)
Will we make the Top 4? I don't believe we can (with an exception - see *)
Will we end up in the Top 8? Possibly but that depends on injuries and (with an exception - see *)

* Here is my expection ... with a season about to enter full swing we still don't have a clear idea of who our fullback is. People say Inu, Lafai, Perrett, Morris. The reality is that when Barba was injured and then f**ked our club up, any of our players from last year could have gone to fullback. Morris was the chosen one (indicating he was our best chance at fullback).

Fast forward to now, and we haven't got a replacement for Barba, and based on last year you would assume Morris is still top pickings at fullback (else others would have played there last year).

So that only leaves our new purchases and juniors who have been promoted.

If rumours are true that Hasler is still after Hoffman and doesn't think our juniors or new purchases are ready, then that only leaves Morris as a prospective fullback, and he didn't see himself there in the longterm.

In summary: We don't appear to have a decent offering at fullback, and relying on last years fullback in Morris will have us in the same situation as last year. With no clear view who the fullback will be, I remain highly skeptical that we will solidify the fullback position this year, and it will continue to cause us problems throughout the season as a result.

I'm happy to be wrong on this one, but that would have required our players from last year to train the house down at fullback, and Inu (who has been tossed around as potential fullback), is far too inconsistent in his game.

That's where I see things..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i thought we could win it in 2008 ffs

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we? Anyone can including Parramatta, St Merge, and Titans.
Will we? I don't believe we can (with an exception - see *)
Will we make the Top 4? I don't believe we can (with an exception - see *)
Will we end up in the Top 8? Possibly but that depends on injuries and (with an exception - see *)

* Here is my expection ... with a season about to enter full swing we still don't have a clear idea of who our fullback is. People say Inu, Lafai, Perrett, Morris. The reality is that when Barba was injured and then f**ked our club up, any of our players from last year could have gone to fullback. Morris was the chosen one (indicating he was our best chance at fullback).

Fast forward to now, and we haven't got a replacement for Barba, and based on last year you would assume Morris is still top pickings at fullback (else others would have played there last year).

So that only leaves our new purchases and juniors who have been promoted.

If rumours are true that Hasler is still after Hoffman and doesn't think our juniors or new purchases are ready, then that only leaves Morris as a prospective fullback, and he didn't see himself there in the longterm.

In summary: We don't appear to have a decent offering at fullback, and relying on last years fullback in Morris will have us in the same situation as last year. With no clear view who the fullback will be, I remain highly skeptical that we will solidify the fullback position this year, and it will continue to cause us problems throughout the season as a result.

I'm happy to be wrong on this one, but that would have required our players from last year to train the house down at fullback, and Inu (who has been tossed around as potential fullback), is far too inconsistent in his game.

That's where I see things..
Ban yourself for 1 week if you voted no,

As fans we have no reason to think we can't win the comp,

We have arguably 1 of the best forward packs in the comp,

We have Inu, Perret, and Moris in our back line, all have a played rep footy, so clearly are above average first grade players, we have up and comers like Lafai, who could become anything, we have. Star in Reynolds as 5/8th he have a competent half Back, who might just come into his own this year,
There is no reason to go into the season, not confident in being a real contender, no reason at all.

Look at the glass half full, not half empty,

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we'll finish around 6th or 7th, I think we'll grind hard each week but just wont finish on top in enough close ones Lafai, Inu , Perret & Reynolds just don't fill me with enough confidence defence wise with what I expect will be a grinding type style this year as we don't have an X factor type player to pull out that long range play or bust the defence open...we also dont have a decent long kicking game or goal kicker (Hodkinson faded terribly during the year)

I'm not being negative, im calling a spade a spade...the glass is neither half full or half empty....its at 50%, can take off my blue & white glasses and look at our up coming season honestly

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think we can

We will finish 6-8..

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we'll finish around 6th or 7th, I think we'll grind hard each week but just wont finish on top in enough close ones Lafai, Inu , Perret & Reynolds just don't fill me with enough confidence defence wise with what I expect will be a grinding type style this year as we don't have an X factor type player to pull out that long range play or bust the defence open...we also dont have a decent long kicking game or goal kicker (Hodkinson faded terribly during the year)

I'm not being negative, im calling a spade a spade...the glass is neither half full or half empty....its at 50%, can take off my blue & white glasses and look at our up coming season honestly
Agreed..

Status
Not open for further replies.