Can some one please list the number of players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
... in last 5 years , the quality halves players , rookies and/or experienced and proven , became available on the market and Des couldnt recruit them.

I am not talking about players who were locked in to go to certain clubs like Milford etc.

I am talking about guys like cameron munster, corey norman etc who were open for offers and Des didnt see any potential in them and stuck to shit we have got at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
... in last 5 years , the quality halves players , rookies and/or experienced and proven , became available on the market and Des couldnt recruit them.

I am not talking about players who were locked in to go to certain clubs like Milford etc.

I am talking about guys like cameron munster, corey norman etc who were open for offers and Des didnt see any potential in them and stuck to shit we have got at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Des would have turned them into shit as well.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
thanks mate, I know someone already listed that before over here so I just want to save time.
sorry mate I haven't seen that list, but he has passed on quite a few good opportunities which I can remember.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'll do it if you renew my PS+ subscription tbh.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok i will give it a crack, all following players have been available in last 5 years and opened to offers. Dont think Des offered anything to any of them.

1- Cameron munster
2- Adam Sezer
3- Gareth Widdop
4- Jackson Hastings
5- Luke Keary
6- Connor Watson
7- Maloney
8- Kane Elgey
9 - Ashley Taylor
10 -Corey Norman

I am sure there would be more , but that is all i can think of.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jacob Loko
Kennar
Foran
Woods
Holland
Lichaa
Tony Williams
Kaufusi
Clarke
Garvey
Theres more.....

Players we have lost

Barba
Rona
Lafai
Goodwin
Inu
Reynolds
Keating
Tapau
Ennis
Kasiano
Pritchard
Lane
Finucane
Cook
Ese ese
Latu
Halatau
Gavet

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well based on 5 years than I would say every single player both here and overseas would have become available at some time or another in that time.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ok i will give it a crack, all following players have been available in last 5 years and opened to offers. Dont think Des offered anything to any of them.

1- Cameron munster
2- Adam Sezer
3- Gareth Widdop
4- Jackson Hastings
5- Luke Keary
6- Connor Watson
7- Maloney
8- Kane Elgey
9 - Ashley Taylor
10 -Corey Norman

I am sure there would be more , but that is all i can think of.
Unless it's someone working in the recruiting department of the club you're asking people to make rumours up. Don't deny those poor souls labeling themselves journalists a job.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well based on 5 years than I would say every single player both here and overseas would have become available at some time or another in that time.

certain players like milford, DCE, Foran etc we never coming to dogs cos of various reasons.

the players i have mentioned had no "strings" attached when they were available on the market.

point is , every other club had an eye to spot the talent, but we somehow stuck with keating, hokko, reynolds, mbye, frawley.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
certain players like milford, DCE, Foran etc we never coming to dogs cos of various reasons.

the players i have mentioned had no "strings" attached when they were available on the market.

point is , every other club had an eye to spot the talent, but we somehow stuck with keating, hokko, reynolds, mbye, frawley.
Everyone has a price so based on the fact that up until recently contracts above say 3-4 years tops was the max than everyone has been available including players like Cronk, JT etc etc. All the top echelon players have been available.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone has a price so based on the fact that up until recently contracts above say 3-4 years tops was the max than everyone has been available including players like Cronk, JT etc etc. All the top echelon players have been available.

well apparently we did make an offer to JT, he was never going to leave tonwsville we all knew thay

Cronk... still up in the air.

milford was always homesick for brisbane so broncos was the only option

we offered DCE twice i think, but he was smart to reject Des twice, plus manly's deal was way superior to any deal

who else?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
That is the way I look at it and I would hope the board investigates every possible option when it comes to marquee playmakers.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
well apparently we did make an offer to JT, he was never going to leave tonwsville we all knew thay

Cronk... still up in the air.

milford was always homesick for brisbane so broncos was the only option

we offered DCE twice i think, but he was smart to reject Des twice, plus manly's deal was way superior to any deal

who else?
Dunno, just saying that prior to this current management destroying the Clubs reputation I think that all players would have liked to have had an offer from the dogs. Not saying they would take it but once upon a time a powerhouse like ours would have been a compliment and not career suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.