Cameron Smith Retirement ?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I WAS reasonably respectful of Cameron Smith until the night Alex McKinney was speared into the ground. Within seconds Smith was in the ear of our favourite referee Gerard Sutton saying many times it wasn't that bad referring to the tackle, while Alex was being attended to and obviously severely injured.

Smith lost any respect I had for him at that very moment.

In 2017 when Smith was sin binned at Shark Park it was my happiest footy moment in recent years.

I always feared a tackle like this would end in tragic circumstances and it didn't take much thought to work out which team would be the perpetrators.

Suspensions for this sort of tackle need to be longer as a deterrent so they are no longer part of the game.

Allegedly a party of Storm people including Smith Slater and Bellamy went to see Alex in hospital a day or 2 later and they were told in no uncertain terms to leave.

Smith always has been a protected species as evidenced by the NRL gifting his wife the diamond ring.

Why is he dragging out his retirement?

Just ride off into the sunset and never be seen again and stop being a pain in the rear end

Unfortunately I fear he will be part of the NRL administration not too far down the track.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope he does re-sign with the Storm and Brandon Smith fucks off from there Stat..straight into the blue and white.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Cam’s marketing plan
Mystery still surrounds Cameron Smith’s playing future. Without claiming to be close to Smith’s camp, I’ve been told he is being used in a marketing plan for a product that other retired players have endorsed. It will be released next month.

Unless he is allowed to be involved in this product as an active player – something other players are not – it would indicate his playing days are over. His lack of training with any club would appear to be another significant clue, but the lack of an announcement is keeping everyone on their toes.