Cameron Munster

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So hang on, let me wrap my head around this. Only the other day, the media are banging on about how we haven’t even been able to register Kikau’s contract because we don’t have the cap space. And now there linking us to Munster. Hahaha deadset these ***** are clueless.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is nothing more than Munsters agent (Anasta) utilising his strings within the media network to up his asking price.

I've tuned into NRL 360 maybe twice this season for no more than a couple of minutes - and all that was done during that time was talking about Munster and the Storm and where he will be at.

Massive conflict of interest but hey! No one wants to call it out.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As much as I'd like this to happen, their is no way we are blowing the Dolphins and Roosters out of the water

If he was to leave the Storm, I'd see the Roosters snapping him up before the Dolphins

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne Storm fear Sydney club
Article from Daily Telegraph

Melbourne fear cashed-up Canterbury may be ready to join the Dolphins in the fight for Cameron Munster.

The Storm became aware of rumours connecting Munster to the Bulldogs late last week and while they remain hopeful that their stay five-eighth will extend his deal, they refuse to underestimate the pulling power of Canterbury head of football Phil Gould.

Munster has another year remaining on his contract with the Storm and is unable to formalise a deal with a rival clubs until after November 1.

The Bulldogs have been one of the biggest movers in the player market, signing Viliame Kikau and Reed Mahoney for next season as they look to rebuild the squad.

Fullback and halfback remain a problem though and that is where Munster could provide some answers – he made his name as a fullback before switching to five-eighth and becoming one of the best No.6s in the game.

Munster’s manager Braith Anasta is expected to hold further talks with the Dolphins in coming days but the Storm insist he will not be released early from his contract, even if he agrees to join the nascent franchise for 2024.

Meanwhile, Munster continues to win plaudits and friends for his work on and off the field in recent months. South Sydney half Lachlan Ilias has revealed that Munster spoke to him after their recent game and offered to be a sounding board for the Rabbitohs No.7.

Like Munster, Ilias is managed by Anasta through his company Searoo Sports.

“We caught up and I had a couple of words with him after the game against the Storm because he signed with Searoo that week,” Ilias said.

“He did say I could give him a call any time. Obviously we have Braith as the connection. It is good to have that support and someone like Munster (on hand), who is one of the best in the game.”

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Half of the Storm forward pack has already signed for theDolphins, they’ve got Bennett we’ve got Barrett, where do you think he will go?
The names sound the same, we might be able to trick him :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
All wes can do is wonder and imagine

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cameron Munster has a $750,000 decision to make on his future with the details of the Storm’s extension offer being revealed.

Munster is set to earn $1.2 million next season — the final year of his current contract.

Triple M’s Ben Dobbin reported on Wednesday the 29-year-old is in negotiations with the Storm over an extension but the offer falls well shot of his current salary — and what the Dolphins are prepared to pay for him.

“At the moment he has been in some negotiations with the Storm about an extension. Currently at the moment, my understanding is that he has only been offered $750,000-a-year for a three-year extension,” Dobbin told The Rush Hour.

“To put it in context, next year at the Storm he’s on $1.2 million a year. So the Melbourne Storm clearly don’t think that Munster is worth the money the following year hence that figure of $750,000.

“Enter our friends, the Dolphins. The Dolphins have gone on record and have absolutely said this to me today that they are prepared, if they could get Cameron Munster, to pay him a three-year deal at $1 million a season.

“I think he’s worth $1 million to the Dolphins, but is he worth $1 million to the Storm? Clearly not.

“They just recently signed Jahrome Hughes for big money, they’ve got Harry Grant locked away, they’ve got Ryan Papenhuyzen locked away, Xavier Coates.

“They have what they believe (are) their playmakers and matchwinners.”

While Munster is contracted to the Storm for another year, there’s every chance that could change

The Dolphins enter the competition next season and are still yet to land a marquee player. With cash to spend and the need for a big fish, Bennett may attempt to snare Munster a year early — which may also benefit the Storm.

“The biggest thing, if you’re the Melbourne Storm and you’ve got Cameron Munster and you don’t believe long term he’s worth that $1.2 million...” Dobbin said.

“If the Dolphins come knocking at the end of the year and say ‘listen, we want to wash out Cameron Munster’s contract. We’ll pay the million, you pay the $200,000 and we’ll take Cameron Munster off your hands.’

“That gives the Melbourne Storm $1 million in their cap next year to go and get players. The best development club at the moment who can turn water into wine is Craig Bellamy and the Melbourne Storm.

“So the chances of that happening, if Cameron Munster decides that he’s prepared to take that $1 million deal, to me looks like it’s very real.

“If he wants to be at the Storm he’s going to be $750,000 poorer over three years and I don’t think anybody who is at the back end of their career is prepared to do that.”
noscript>