News Cameron Ciraldo's stark admission as Bulldogs injury crisis deepens

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apprehensive he might be, but it wouldn't be about our injuries or the team's commitment,
It's most likely about the evil that controls the games's results...The corrupted referees !!!
They both alluded to it in the presser but we are so far down the pecking order and so down on confidence and faith in "the way things are" that they seem to be thoroughly aware that its a waste of time talking about it and pointing out the inconsistencies. Brow beaten into silence.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds, Ciro's specific Top 30 pick remember that Gus said he queried, but ok'd, only got 24 mins. How is that sensible coaching tactics? \_(ツ)_/¯
Fist thing I have agreed with Fittler on in years as quoted in the article. Terrible decision by Ciraldo to leave Averillo on the field literally on one leg. WTF is he thinking?
The solution was staring us in the face when Averillo got injured yesterday...
Burton to the Centre
Reynolds to 5/8

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Ciraldo thought Eels wouldn't see Averillo jumping around like a Kangaroo so he kept him our there lol

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ciraldo fast becoming Fwit Dessy 2.0 when it comes to game plan

2 weeks straight… we’ve lost a backline player & 2 weeks in a row he fails to address it with his bench let alone the changes on game day by shifting bloody turtle Topine to the centres.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i get we have massive injuries, however for me I am personally sick about hearing how we are always "trying hard" and "putting in effort." Then being told it will be good for the players and team in the long run.. yada yada yada. Been hearing this for the last 3 coaches. All that ends up happening is that they get so used to losing that it becomes a habit and we end up having to clean house to try and cleanse the playing group of the loser mentality.

Ciraldo has to take some ownership here for his team selections and rotations.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, the Knights with numerous injuries and a bloke sent off for the final 30mins still won a game FFS against the Waste Tigers

Yes it’s Waste’s, but they still got the job done!

We lose a winger.. and the entire team implodes and there isn’t a Plan B or C in place

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, the Knights with numerous injuries and a bloke sent off for the final 30mins still won a game FFS against the Waste Tigers

Yes it’s Waste’s, but they still got the job done!

We lose a winger.. and the entire team implodes and there isn’t a Plan B or C in place
Newcastle have a halfback who can play. Big difference.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Injuiries aside spine needs overhaul esp
7 flange out
1 Perham out
Flange lack of creativity is putting massive pressure on reed and Burton to compensate and it ain’t working.

Perham just missing something .
Dogs need more than steady

Hopefully we can jag 3 wins before the bye in round 13 then we should have many players back and try make a run for the top 8.

Season not over by a long shot.
We have no one to replace perham.
I wanted Kiraz at FB at the start of the year, but we’ve fucked that now.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i get we have massive injuries, however for me I am personally sick about hearing how we are always "trying hard" and "putting in effort." Then being told it will be good for the players and team in the long run.. yada yada yada. Been hearing this for the last 3 coaches. All that ends up happening is that they get so used to losing that it becomes a habit and we end up having to clean house to try and cleanse the playing group of the loser mentality.

Ciraldo has to take some ownership here for his team selections and rotations.
Unfortunately we wasted 3+ years where we should’ve been rebuilding and recruiting the right players but weren’t

As hard as it is to accept this is the first real year of the rebuild. If you take that at face value we are making ok improvements in the first 2 months.

What else is CC supposed to do right now?
People saying he should’ve moved Burton to centre mid game? LOL? Why the fuck would he move our primary half that we’ve just re-signed on a massive deal out of position 2 months into a brand new season. Granted he’s playing like shit but he needs to spend the entire year there minimum and then we can reassess.

Burton is sucking but there is literally nothing we can do atm but keep trying to improve his game while players slowly come back from injury…

Our defence has and is improving but the constant changes week to week and minute to minute each game particularly to our edges has been difficult to deal with, not to mention playing two probably top 4 teams in a fortnight (we managed to overcome this against the cowboys at least).

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is my concern.
What goes deeper isnt just the injury crisis, it's the potential backlash they fear coming from Burton if he is moved out of 5/8th spot.

It's a worry when the team doesn't come ahead of the players....

The error has happened 2 weeks in a row now where Burton should have been moved to centre against Souths with Averillo to Fox's wing.

He can still kick from centre just like he did for NSW.

There's a benefit to having JR on the bench and if you don't use him in that situation, why bother.
This is my fear as well.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fist thing I have agreed with Fittler on in years as quoted in the article. Terrible decision by Ciraldo to leave Averillo on the field literally on one leg. WTF is he thinking?
CC was asking "Jack" to come off/get off and Avo didn't know who he was talking to ....

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ciraldo can use the injury crisis as an excuse by saying it goes deeper than whats on paper and that may be the case, but when you make very poor decision on game day like not taking Averillo off which the injury looked that bad it was embarrasing and then not putting Reynolds at 5/8 and Burton in the centres which even the uneducated could work out, that's on you Ciraldo. One of your first notable mistakes as a rookie coach that stood out like Dogs ball.

I just hope Ciraldo isn't scared to make some tough decisions in case he upsets players not just positional changes in the best interest of the team but also some accountability where it is due.
Well he did swap flano and reed, but Reynolds and Burton should’ve been done it’s mind blowing why he kept Averillo on

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the Reynolds/Burton swap was a pretty obvious one which everyone including the dud Fittler could see but I guess there's more to it than what we see. Moving Burton away from 5/8th would pretty much kill any hope of winning the game and CC probably thought we could still grind it out and save the game.
Maybe CC doesn’t trust Reynolds to play a full game. We saw in the Souths game where he missed tackles and made many mistakes.

The onus might also fall onto Averillo. He might have wanted to stay on.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think it's increasingly obvious that the team is "over trained". When this happens, injuries occur a lot more.
I heard they were trained in the severe heat. This is just stupid. All the training staff are old hard headed former players, and they seem to think the players need to be the same as they were. The whole training schedule needs to be revisited.
honestly you are speculating and talking shit tbh. We have the best trainer in the game who knows his stuff.
All teams have full contact sessions, it is just an unlucky season, no way to put it.
but to say we are being trained too hard is just plain stupid and uneducated.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fukn lol if he moves burton out to the centres and put’s Reynolds at 5/8th it just means Mahoney has to cover 6,7 and 9 and he wasn’t coping covering 7 and 9. Fittler should stick to what he’s good at , Coaching Origin………………..oh wait.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's increasingly obvious that the team is "over trained". When this happens, injuries occur a lot more.
I heard they were trained in the severe heat. This is just stupid. All the training staff are old hard headed former players, and they seem to think the players need to be the same as they were. The whole training schedule needs to be revisited.
Sorry mate, I think we weren't training them hard enough previously. Touma is a proven winner from a winning culture. JAC, Kiraz, Nu Brown, Pele weren't training injuries. Pele and Kikau were concussions friendly fire. Would have played in previous seasons prior to new concussion rules. TPJ injury is one from last year...again shit training regime prior.
We are all frustrated, but the table eventually turns. I'm confident.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol players overtrained. Besides Kiks who has a training related injury? Even Kiks pec was unlucky. They’re friendly fire injuries. Not like we’re having players go down with soft tissue injuries. Relax.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Farkin hell.

Last year they were fat slobs and under trained.

This year they are over trained .

FARK I LOVE THE KENNEL