Cameron Ciraldo

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We want to win but after these past 10 odd years of Desball and looking inept in all key areas of the games skills, we have to be realistic.

We can now start to feel hopeful and yes celebrate that we have got it together. We havent got a winning culture by any means as far as I am concerned but we are well on the way.

We'll stumble and fall and have set backs but the foundations are there. Let us be a grouo of supporters that don't try to find excuses anymore. We do have a great roster of men that can achieve a lot in this competition.

We might not win the comp this year but we are building towards Top 8 and if refs give us just even a fair go, the boys and their coach will do the CB Bulldogs proud.
Dear to dream! :grinning:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
but they don't need to play full 80 it just adds more fatigue and adds more risk to injury.
It's a balancing act though too. If you use all of your interchanges and then a player gets injured, your a man down.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Future looks great for the club if we can keep recognising where we are, and what we need, in our gameplan, and selections, to take us to the next level.
E are definitely exactly where everyone at the club expected us to be. Last year was a write off, and was always going to be. And this year Gis and Ciraldo said we would be very competitive, and we are.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate you have gone off half cocked as per usual. Just stop.
Don't bother with him Wendog33, the guy is just a troll, if you don't agree with his post then he starts the abuse, like no one is allowed to have an opinion if it doesn't agree with his, guy needs to go to anger management classes or just learn some manners, he goes into a battle of wits half armed

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha you got it all wrong matey. Winning culture is want we want now. Ciro has got the defensive culture happening. Now its time to develop
Winning culture? A true winning culture needs a foundation to build on, right?

It's fine to win a few games, but if there's no structure behind those wins then the team / club falls even harder than before.

I get everyone wants a win. Of course we all do.

But if the systems and processes aren't in place, then those wins will ultimately come to nothing.

I struggle to see how people can't see this? The fact that we're getting the systems and processes in place has me quite comfortable in the belief that the wins will come, which will be followed by more wins. And ultimately a winning culture.

All because of the culture CC is creating, including the defensive one you're alluding to.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't bother with him Wendog33, the guy is just a troll, if you don't agree with his post then he starts the abuse, like no one is allowed to have an opinion if it doesn't agree with his, guy needs to go to anger management classes or just learn some manners, he goes into a battle of wits half armed
You're talking about maroondog? Nah, I wouldn't say that at all personally. Each to their own tho.

What I will say is that he's quite staunch in his views of CC and our current crop, which goes against most on here.

It can be challenging being a poster with a positive frame of mind about our club when every man and his dog seem to be focused on slagging off anything and everything about us.

So, maybe he comes across abrasive on such topics? Hard to say?

What I really don't like is people throwing out the "troll" term when they dislike that person. Really not cool in my mind, and in @maroondog72 case so far of the truth it's crazy

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're talking about maroondog? Nah, I wouldn't say that at all personally. Each to their own tho.

What I will say is that he's quite staunch in his views of CC and our current crop, which goes against most on here.

It can be challenging being a poster with a positive frame of mind about our club when every man and his dog seem to be focused on slagging off anything and everything about us.

What I really don't like is people throwing out the "troll" term when they dislike that person. Really not cool in my mind, and in @maroondog72 case so far of the truth it's crazy
Tassie. I think I told you before and it still stands that what I like about you is you see the good in everyone and everything and your posts are so cool and some make me smile and cheer me up, and you know we are pretty similar because I only state my point view and respect everyone eses right to say whatever they want. without abusing them until I'm provoked by someone abusing me for stating my point of view and then i retaliate, and I also don't like throwing the word troll easily, but I already had a similar run in with Maroondog as Wendog33 did, in another thread ,so when Maroondog says to me "I must have two dicks because i can't be that stupid playing with one" just because I gave my opinion that CC should replace Hutch with Sexton then I felt the need to retaliate and called him a troll and I was just advising Wendog 33 to ignore him because you can't win with people that as you said are so staunch in their views that if anybody dares to disagree they feel the need throw abuse

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And by the way Tassie my boy, I don't dislike Maroondog or anyone who is passionate about our club, maybe I just use the word TROLL affectionately in his case????

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The fact that he played Tracey at fullback after naming him on the wing and critta went to centre I respect that. He has our goal line defence as good as most teams in the comp.

Dropping hutch for sexton is much muchness. Let’s not forget sexton only had 1 game at the titans last year. People are making it out like he was pushing for the 7 at the panthers. He wasn’t in the frame at the titans. Maybe he will make some better decisions when on the attack. Hutch is the show and go master it seems. But neither is a top 20 half in the comp. Maybe Taaffe gets a shot next week? Ballsey move if he does it. Let’s not forget he is under pressure from fans and media. So these close losses count for him. Imagine he makes wholesale changes every week like niff nuffs want.

He passed my concern with Tracey. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Tracey came fit if things weren’t different with our round 1 team. hutch and salmon are under performing. But we started the year minus 3 props (patolo, Sutton, fafita). Paosa got knocked out second game and only just returned. Knight is a passenger and rightly so has played reserves most of the year. Roster has flaws in it and with injuries we can’t pluck players out. We aren’t panthers or rooster who have 25 nrl calibre players. We might have 16 nrl standard players and 8 fringe players.

He is a rookie coach and learning. But I’d rather let him grow with the team. No one can deny we are better then last year and better then the year before. Fair enough not massive steps forwards but in the famous sporting phrase, you need to trust the process. Flange went into dragons, wanted changes and started picking up other clubs rejects. That worries me more. If my life depended on it. I’d rather Gus be in charge of setting up pathways and juniors (helped roosters, panthers and to a lesser extent warriors to the top of the table). And ciro is the batch of the next wave of young coaches. Does he have flaws yes. But he is not experienced. If in 3 years we still see salmon, hutch, knight, patolo, Sutton, Wilson, Turpin, sexton in the 22 man team list then that is a worry.

Kiraz on the wing made 270m the other day? Need to respect that back 5. Xerri set up Jac in the first nrl outing to 2 tries. He isn’t a bad coach. Just the fans have unrealistic expectations not realising that we were a basket case of a club. But we are incrementally getting better.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tassie. I think I told you before and it still stands that what I like about you is you see the good in everyone and everything and your posts are so cool and some make me smile and cheer me up, and you know we are pretty similar because I only state my point view and respect everyone eses right to say whatever they want. without abusing them until I'm provoked by someone abusing me for stating my point of view and then i retaliate, and I also don't like throwing the word troll easily, but I already had a similar run in with Maroondog as Wendog33 did, in another thread ,so when Maroondog says to me "I must have two dicks because i can't be that stupid playing with one" just because I gave my opinion that CC should replace Hutch with Sexton then I felt the need to retaliate and called him a troll and I was just advising Wendog 33 to ignore him because you can't win with people that as you said are so staunch in their views that if anybody dares to disagree they feel the need throw abuse
I tell you what, being called a person with two dicks is hardly a negative. Man what I'd do for 2 dicks. Imagine the freak on you'd get with multiple women for no other reason than having 2 dicks. Fuck you @maroondog72 for not using such warm and considerate words with me!

Those two have a running fued if you don't know that already ...

He's not a troll tho, I can assure you of that. Me on the other hand, I love to shit stir so plenty of people will call me a troll.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Troll isn't an affectionate word on here mate, and I wasn't alluding to your use of the word but someone else's
Really doesn’t bother me @Tassie Devil, it’s just a derogatory term used by some on here when they have run out of ideas to validate their point of view. It’s juvenile but it is what it is, being called a Troll by people who don’t know any better is like water off a ducks back to me, What does matter to me is that our dogs are on the up with the right coach and structures in place to take us back to the top, If some think that’s Trolling I’ll be Trolling on.