News Cameron Ciraldo

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
According tot he Telecrap, Tigs are to put a 5 year deal to him (from the headline i saw anyway - article is behind paywall).

From the FB post: "The Wests Tigers have put together an unprecedented offer in a bid to woo top coaching contender Cameron Ciraldo - a deal Gus Gould is doing his best to block."

Anyone with a subscription feel free to paste in article. Ta.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If being a head coach is something you really want you would be tempted - but you should also learn from others' mistakes.
Very true.

Also they mention a 5 year deal, tigers have had 5 coaches in the last 10 years. (Not that we are much better)

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Ciraldo is reportedly waiting for 'the right opportunity', I don't see how it'd be the team with only one more win than us that hasn't tasted finals footy in about a decade

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just remember a head coach role comes with a massive ego. I have no doubt he would be looking at the likes of Baz and thinking he would have done much better.

If he wants a head coach role will it will be with a team towards the bottom of the ladder.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wests Tigers are considering offering Cameron Ciraldo an unprecedented five year deal to entice the Panthers assistant to the club.

The Tigers have officially begun the search for Michael Maguire’s replacement but hope they will not have to look further than Ciraldo.

He has long been earmarked for the position with Tigers officials working in the background last season to bring him to the club.

Now they believe they are a genuine chance and in doing so could be prepared to offer him a five-year contract to help lift the Tigers from struggling club into a premiership force.

A contract length that long is almost unprecedented for a rookie coach. Craig Fitzgibbon inked a three-year contract with the Sharks last season despite being the most wanted coach-in-waiting.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson signed a five-year contract earlier this year but already has three titles to his name. Anthony Seibold was given a five-year contract with the Broncos after just one year at South Sydney.

Ciraldo has reached out to some in the game to gauge their thoughts on him taking up the Tigers position in a sign he is seriously considering the role. The Bulldogs would also like to land him but could shift their attention to Maguire now he is a free man.

Tigers head of football Tim Sheens said this week they were on the lookout for a development coach – leaving Ciraldo as the firm favourite.

Sheens also hit back at suggestions the club could lose players as a result of Maguire’s departure. Earlier in the week, Canterbury head of football Phil Gould accused the Tigers of failing to read the room and claimed as many as six players could head for the exit door if Maguire was sacked.

The Tigers privately believe it was Gould’s way of tilting the fight for Ciraldo in Canterbury’s favour given the Bulldogs are also in the market for the Panthers assistant.

Sheens has started initial contract talks with the likes of Jackson Hastings and Adam Doueihi, two players who are believed to be Maguire fans.

In Doueihi’s case, the club is confident that he will commit his long-term future to the Tigers. Hastings may be a different story given his close relationship with Maguire, although Sheens insists no players have requested releases.

Nor does he expect any to do so.

“There has been nothing from the agent or the players,” Sheens said.

“From my point of view, we’re business as usual. They’re on contract next year. We have already approached their agent. We know what they are looking at roughly. “

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thing is if he wants a side he can build he'll maybe consider Wests. But thats a dangerous way to go I reckon. The Dogs might be a safer bet cause you've got decent cattle and others joining next year. Reckon that's the right fit for a rookie, plus he'll attract talent.
West maybe will go with Flanno or Green.

But I know SFA just my 2 cents and if I was Ciraldo.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wests Tigers are considering offering Cameron Ciraldo an unprecedented five year deal to entice the Panthers assistant to the club.

The Tigers have officially begun the search for Michael Maguire’s replacement but hope they will not have to look further than Ciraldo.

He has long been earmarked for the position with Tigers officials working in the background last season to bring him to the club.

Now they believe they are a genuine chance and in doing so could be prepared to offer him a five-year contract to help lift the Tigers from struggling club into a premiership force.

A contract length that long is almost unprecedented for a rookie coach. Craig Fitzgibbon inked a three-year contract with the Sharks last season despite being the most wanted coach-in-waiting.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson signed a five-year contract earlier this year but already has three titles to his name. Anthony Seibold was given a five-year contract with the Broncos after just one year at South Sydney.

Ciraldo has reached out to some in the game to gauge their thoughts on him taking up the Tigers position in a sign he is seriously considering the role. The Bulldogs would also like to land him but could shift their attention to Maguire now he is a free man.

Tigers head of football Tim Sheens said this week they were on the lookout for a development coach – leaving Ciraldo as the firm favourite.

Sheens also hit back at suggestions the club could lose players as a result of Maguire’s departure. Earlier in the week, Canterbury head of football Phil Gould accused the Tigers of failing to read the room and claimed as many as six players could head for the exit door if Maguire was sacked.

The Tigers privately believe it was Gould’s way of tilting the fight for Ciraldo in Canterbury’s favour given the Bulldogs are also in the market for the Panthers assistant.

Sheens has started initial contract talks with the likes of Jackson Hastings and Adam Doueihi, two players who are believed to be Maguire fans.

In Doueihi’s case, the club is confident that he will commit his long-term future to the Tigers. Hastings may be a different story given his close relationship with Maguire, although Sheens insists no players have requested releases.

Nor does he expect any to do so.

“There has been nothing from the agent or the players,” Sheens said.

“From my point of view, we’re business as usual. They’re on contract next year. We have already approached their agent. We know what they are looking at roughly. “
Ludicrous offer for an unproven head coach. He’d be mad not to accept it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thing is if he wants a side he can build he'll maybe consider Wests. But thats a dangerous way to go I reckon. The Dogs might be a safer bet cause you've got decent cattle and others joining next year. Reckon that's the right fit for a rookie, plus he'll attract talent.
West maybe will go with Flanno or Green.

But I know SFA just my 2 cents and if I was Ciraldo.
It might also be 3 years vs 5 years. I can't see us offering more than 3 years to a rookie.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Depends on the money, could be a massive difference
Money wise you're spot on but he might kill his career before it's starts if he goes to tigers or warriors.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ciraldo has been waiting for the perfect opportunity to become a head coach.

Neither us or the Tigers are what he is looking for.

On SEN this morning they reported that Penrith offered him to name his own terms and they would honour it. Money and term of contract. He is held in very high regard at the foot of the mountains.

I don't think Ciraldo will jump ship unless it is Melbourne, Penrith or the Roosters.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ciraldo has been waiting for the perfect opportunity to become a head coach.

Neither us or the Tigers are what he is looking for.

On SEN this morning they reported that Penrith offered him to name his own terms and they would honour it. Money and term of contract. He is held in very high regard at the foot of the mountains.

I don't think Ciraldo will jump ship unless it is Melbourne, Penrith or the Roosters.
A good chance he'll never coach in the NRL if those were his only options.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question the club should be asking of the coaches coming are who are the halfbacks they could be bringing to the club.