TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gould - GM of Football
Ciraldo - Head Coach
Potter & Randall - Attacking Coaches
Sandercock - Defensive Coach
Hartigan - Pathways & Development, previously GM Football at the Tigers who was punted by Maguire because he told the Tigers Board to sack Maguire (I like him already).

Always a Bulldog

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah. Like the training session last year where Gus took the whistle and one bloke walked out.
Were they bitching that it was unfair or bad management?
Because it sounds like a good idea to me. Sign as many players as you can and then take time to get the right mix in the top 30.
Doesn't it mean the players who miss out can only play NSW Cup etc?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The 2023 Salary Cap asks by the RLPA are quite different to previous years, for the Top 30 they are looking for $10.4m + $0.5m Long Serving and Locally Developed, with a minimum contract of $150k. Plus there is an additional $650k allowance for up to 10 extra players on a supplementary list.

If the NRL agrees there will be room for 40 players on NRL contracts up to a total value of $11.55m

Always a Bulldog

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Caryannis said on SEN this morning the reason signings haven’t been announced yet is because of roster spots. Said we apparently have 33 players signed for next season. Him and Brandy were bitching about this. Then Jimmy Smith said with Gus it will get done, and he recalled a pre season training session where Gus walked in. 6 guys walked out after that session and never came back. Hahaha
OMFG if Allen and Flanno are 2 of those players, Gus is a genius.
Make it fucking happen

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Kyle reached out and wanted to catch up. We spoke as people first before we started talking about footy. He is a nice young kid. He is working hard behind the scenes on different areas of his game. If everyone can do that in their spare time we are in for a successful year."

Flanno is gone LOL.
I suspected this was the case, either Kyle or his dad reached out. Either way there was no way it would have been initiated by Cameron
And yes, Kyle is gone lol

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Michael Caryannis said on SEN this morning the reason signings haven’t been announced yet is because of roster spots. Said we apparently have 33 players signed for next season. Him and Brandy were bitching about this. Then Jimmy Smith said with Gus it will get done, and he recalled a pre season training session where Gus walked in. 6 guys walked out after that session and never came back. Hahaha
i confirmed this a few weeks ago to a couple of the boys on PM. it is actually 32 we have signed, hence why i have said indirectly that we need to shed some players

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What the fuck is an eshay…
Noun. eshay (plural eshays) (Australia, slang) A member of an Australian youth subculture favouring sportswear and electronic dance music, and commonly associated with criminal activity. (Australia, slang) A delinquent teenager;

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2023 Salary Cap asks by the RLPA are quite different to previous years, for the Top 30 they are looking for $10.4m + $0.5m Long Serving and Locally Developed, with a minimum contract of $150k. Plus there is an additional $650k allowance for up to 10 extra players on a supplementary list.

If the NRL agrees there will be room for 40 players on NRL contracts up to a total value of $11.55m

Always a Bulldog
When will it be agreed and if it is agreed, will it come into play for 2023? Bit unfair as it leaves no time to manage the new salary cap.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CC's kind of setting out a vision where the first step is to work out what the vision is, which Gus is already working on. It's a great start cause I don't reckon we should be just setting out to be what we were. We've lost our way badly but we have to be what we need to be for the future. We'll always have our traditions - if we attack well it'll bring memories of The Entertainers, and relentless defence will get us talking about the Dogs of War, but I'm not sure how things like Family Club monikers really fit these days. New Ltd are everywhere trying to catch players pissing in the carpark, let alone players groping their mates missus at their mates house.

I want us to be a club that can grow the best and attract the best, behave off-field, never needs to recover far, has sustained success and eventually becomes a sporting empire, not just a great NRL team.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
“Kyle reached out and wanted to catch up. We spoke as people first before we started talking about footy. He is a nice young kid. He is working hard behind the scenes on different areas of his game. If everyone can do that in their spare time we are in for a successful year."

Flanno is gone LOL.
Lies. Ciraldo is downplaying the significance of the meeting to take pressure off me. May I remind you that he ordered a bagel.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

If the NRL agrees there will be room for 40 players on NRL contracts up to a total value of $11.55m.
When will it be agreed and if it is agreed, will it come into play for 2023? Bit unfair as it leaves no time to manage the new salary cap.
Yes it's for 2023 and it has to be in place before 1st November.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flanagan can't actually football, he's a 7 who doesn't have an ounce of attacking ability. When i hear "nice young kid" generally that means the coach thinks he can't football either!
Can't football....except the time he put on the best attacking display by a Bulldogs halfback since Shifty left the club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
At what age is it appropriate to refer to a 24 year old as a 'nice young kid'?
Seems to be making clear who is the grown-up in the relationship.
Coaches always refer to players as good young kids....as if that's something new....lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
By usual suspects you mean 99% of the TK and 96% of Dogs fans in general
I agree though he just needs to improve his kicking, passing, running game and his creativity in general...yeah not much
Lol if we let the lunatics run the asylum we'd be in worse shape than the tigers.....in other words, you guys have NFI

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’ll be so happy at the end of this season when I don’t see articles about Flanno reaching out to our coaching staff and talking about how hard he’s working on his game. In most other eras a player with that skill set would be nowhere near first grade.

The thing that made me most happy though was CC saying we’ll find our own identity. I’m so over we’ll be the “dogs of war” or bring back the madness, leave that in the past.

Hodkinson never produced an attacking masterclass like this for us. Nor did Kimmorley.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
So teams like Storm, Rabbits and Roosters and even Broncos benefit most because now they will have the salary cap space to keep key players on their books (Walker, Manu, Lattrell, Haas etc)
NRL is backwards!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So teams like Storm, Rabbits and Roosters and even Broncos benefit most because now they will have the salary cap space to keep key players on their books (Walker, Manu, Lattrell, Haas etc)
NRL is backwards!
11.59 PM on 31st October is "before" 1st November.

Always a Bulldog