Buzz Rothfield - Brett Morris to the dogs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-fullback-option/story-fni3g67w-1227035148857

THE Bulldogs have thrown us all a dummy that even Johnathan Thurston would be proud of.

All this talk that they want to sign Brett Stewart, Kurtley Beale, Darius Boyd or Josh Hoffman to play fullback has been a tactic to camouflage their real target.

The player coach Des Hasler really wants is none other than Test winger Brett Morris.

Yes, true story … the Morris twins to play together at the Bulldogs next year.

I’m told Brett has already asked for a release from the final year of his contract at the Dragons but CEO Peter Doust denied it when we spoke over the weekend.

Releasing Morris is the last thing newly appointed coach Paul McGregor will want to do. At the same time, what’s the point of keeping a footballer who doesn’t want to be there.

The Morris boys have wanted to play in the same side for a couple of years now. Josh seriously considered heading back to the Dragons a year ago but stayed put. Standby for further developments over the next few weeks.
This got me very excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

choice

Yeh just read it on twitter, I'm not sure, he wasn't a success at fullback at the dragqueens

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wish this was true but I'm having doubts:
1. its the Daily Telegraph
2. Buzz is never right

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I honestly believe Brett will join us to replace perrett on a wing at some stage always have when he retires. Though i dont see dragons releasing him nor him as a fullback

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It ain't gunna happen,
Just like the broncs wouldn't release hoff, the dragons won't release mortise,
The only club soft enough to release contracted players unfortunately is our club,

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, I know,
Haha, just let it play out and die it's natural death when the dragons don't release him,
The only thing Rothfield has brought to light is the fact that the Dragons have a player who they would not want to release.

The media have run out of fullbacks to link us with, so now they're turning to wingers.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see BMoz at the dogs

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A serious piss pot.
Off topic, Ricardo is leafing the F1 GP

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
would be nice to have an elite winger for once, sign him plus a full back and we finally have a good backline to match our forwards

CheesyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can someone actually copy the article and post it up please. Thank you

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way he finishes trys is amazing. He'd have to play left wing... none of this fullback BS.

Anyway I can't see him leaving the Dragons unless they wanted to get rid of him, and by the looks of it that definitely doesn't seem to be the case.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can someone actually copy the article and post it up please. Thank you
THE Bulldogs have thrown us all a dummy that even Johnathan Thurston would be proud of.

All this talk that they want to sign Brett Stewart, Kurtley Beale, Darius Boyd or Josh Hoffman to play fullback has been a tactic to camouflage their real target.

The player coach Des Hasler really wants is none other than Test winger Brett Morris.

Yes, true story … the Morris twins to play together at the Bulldogs next year.

I’m told Brett has already asked for a release from the final year of his contract at the Dragons but CEO Peter Doust denied it when we spoke over the weekend.

Releasing Morris is the last thing newly appointed coach Paul McGregor will want to do. At the same time, what’s the point of keeping a footballer who doesn’t want to be there.

The Morris boys have wanted to play in the same side for a couple of years now. Josh seriously considered heading back to the Dragons a year ago but stayed put. Standby for further developments over the next few weeks.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Maybe a swap for Kasiano?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member