Opinion Buzz on Twitter

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But there will be no back and forth, endless back and forth, which will remove the number of posts for casual visitors to read the shit that they post. Plus it removes their incentive to post, if no one engages with them.

Always a Bulldog
This!!!!
Frightening how obvious this is yet so few seem to get it :(

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Let me try and explain my viewpoint, others I'm sure will have their own. When they post shit that is 1 post for people to read, when you reply that's 3 chances for people to read, the original post, your post that quotes their original post and then your post itself. If 2 people respond that 6 chances for people to read. If 3 people respond that 9 chances. Then we have the back and forth, that raises the chance of the original shit being read by multiples. If the concern is people reading their shit posts then the best result is not to increase the chances of people reading their shit.

As for incentive I am sure that they post in part to elicit a response, by having zero responses then at least that portion of the incentive is removed.

Always a Bulldog
Hallelujah

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's it getting us tho?just rubbish posts and back and forth. If they are ignored it gives them no platform. Up to each individual how they interact with the "clown crew, but, its so obvious they are stirring and playing off TK for shits and giggles, coz they can.

If their posts were ignored then their agenda would not dominate TK.
No agendas involved this end just call it how I see it

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Incorrect.There are currently 605 people on here, 39 members 566 guests.Even if all the members block them, the vast majority of people on here, can read what they post
How many of the 566 work for the DT looking for stories from The Kennel members?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How many of the 566 work for the DT looking for stories from The Kennel members?
One assumes the content and relevence of interest in TK is generated by those from the 39 MEMBER cohort...NOT the 566 non-committed onlookers.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One assumes the content and relevence of interest in TK is generated by those from the 39 MEMBER cohort...NOT the 566 non-committed onlookers.
Site should be limited.
20 guests at a time 30mins before forced ejection.
the reason you allow guests is to give them a feel of the forum in the hope that they become full members. With statistics like 30 members and 500 guests that’s clearly not happening.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
…or at a minimum, make bulldogs discussion and the lounge, members only.
Problem is you won’t attract new members with this as they would be interested to see what’s being posted and they can get engaged. I understand it would be more private and requires you to sign up however don’t think we would do that.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of good suggestions here so I’ll add my own. If the ‘known’ clowns are simply banned then there will be no need to worry about blocking, who is replying, who sees the replies, how many people reply or new members being encouraged or discouraged from signing up - solve the problem rather than the symptoms.

Yes they may create new accounts and come back however their patterns are pretty clear to see and mods should be able to weed them out if they’re-appear.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is about Phil Rothfield on Twitter so do we post articles from Rothfield into here as well or do they get a separate thread?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In response to Buzz’s article though I do believe the club, roster and administration have us heading in the right direction. The first 5-6 games will give us a good indication on field. Bring on the trials

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This thread is about Phil Rothfield on Twitter so do we post articles from Rothfield into here as well or do they get a separate thread?
That depends Polly.
If there’s something from Rothfield that’s:

a) Accurate
b) Non agenda driven
c) Not rehashed content from weeks and months ago

then it probably deserves not only its own thread but its name in lights and a public holiday in its honour.

But based on what you posted yesterday and given it tasted like re-heated week old pizza, it can just stay here :-).

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree that these threads, like the gus on twitter one get flooded with random shit.
I'd like to check these threads for any posts I've missed but its always a needle in a haystack what I've missed because its 4 pages back.
It would be good if we had these type of threads but were locked for comments outside of the actual twitter posts.