Opinion Buzz on Twitter

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Their agenda is their incentive
Let me try and explain my viewpoint, others I'm sure will have their own. When they post shit that is 1 post for people to read, when you reply that's 3 chances for people to read, the original post, your post that quotes their original post and then your post itself. If 2 people respond that 6 chances for people to read. If 3 people respond that 9 chances. Then we have the back and forth, that raises the chance of the original shit being read by multiples. If the concern is people reading their shit posts then the best result is not to increase the chances of people reading their shit.

As for incentive I am sure that they post in part to elicit a response, by having zero responses then at least that portion of the incentive is removed.

Always a Bulldog

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a reminder that if this is facing a legal attraction at the moment we need to refrain from naming any player or players associated with this as I have found previously that individual people can be prosecuted for defamation.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let me try and explain my viewpoint, others I'm sure will have their own. When they post shit that is 1 post for people to read, when you reply that's 3 chances for people to read, the original post, your post that quotes their original post and then your post itself. If 2 people respond that 6 chances for people to read. If 3 people respond that 9 chances. Then we have the back and forth, that raises the chance of the original shit being read by multiples. If the concern is people reading their shit posts then the best result is not to increase the chances of people reading their shit.

As for incentive I am sure that they post in part to elicit a response, by having zero responses then at least that portion of the incentive is removed.

Always a Bulldog
I get your point. But if no one challenges the agenda or calls their bullshit exactly what it is, then it would appear we agree . . . Otherwise we would disagree

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I get your point. But if no one challenges the agenda or calls their bullshit exactly what it is, then it would appear we agree . . . Otherwise we would disagree
Conversely if their posts are completely ignored then it’s like they get no clicks, with no one agreeing with them, they are irrelevant.

Always a Bulldog

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incorrect.There are currently 605 people on here, 39 members 566 guests.Even if all the members block them, the vast majority of people on here, can read what they post
I get the concern that not calling them out and how that looks to everyone reading what has been posted. However is the old saying short term pain long term gain.

I reckon the mods should take into account those accounts that have been blocked/ignored if possible. If they do something to get the mods to suspend them the number of people blocking them can be used as a gauge to the punishment. E.G. Permanent Banning when the % of users is over a certain level, to me that sounds reasonable.

The only reason not to do that is if individuals in control think these posts bring more people (guests) and are sacrificing the Team for the clicks.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I have admittedly been sucked in several times because of this. I have all the usual suspects blocked, but seeing numerous replies to them, and gathering what they said for that reaction, sometimes gets me curious and I reveal the blocked posts.

As has been said many times, it all stops if nobody takes the bait. Then they’ll just be ranting into the void.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Conversely if their posts are completely ignored then it’s like they get no clicks, with no one agreeing with them, they are irrelevant.

Always a Bulldog
Again, just because you have blocked them, doesn't mean they are being ignored or not seen. You're using the same logic a toddler does when they cover their eyes and think you can't see them. Because you aren't looking at something, it doesn't mean it's not there for everyone else to see.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s pretty simple, hit ignore, they don’t get their much needed attention, they go elsewhere .. happy days ..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Again, just because you have blocked them, doesn't mean they are being ignored or not seen. You're using the same logic a toddler does when they cover their eyes and think you can't see them. Because you aren't looking at something, it doesn't mean it's not there for everyone else to see.
But if all the toddlers join me and cover their eyes (hit the ignore button) then no one will see their shit posts.

Always a Bulldog

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got some advice for everyone - follow the rules. They can be found hear - https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...nouncement-2024-important-please-read.127800/

Ive also got the dictionary definition of whata a forum is for everyone to refresh there memory on;
a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

There are no rules against difference of opinion. If someone has a difference of opinion there is no need to abuse them for it. Ive seen many members here banned this yr for not following the rules so that should be enough of a wake up call for everyone

If u cant play nice and response to people with different opinions without abusing the person then yeah sure go hit the ignore button if thats what it takes prob the safest option

None of this is rocket science

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive got some advice for everyone - follow the rules. They can be found hear - https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...nouncement-2024-important-please-read.127800/

Ive also got the dictionary definition of whata a forum is for everyone to refresh there memory on;
a medium (such as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

There are no rules against difference of opinion. If someone has a difference of opinion there is no need to abuse them for it. Ive seen many members here banned this yr for not following the rules so that should be enough of a wake up call for everyone

If u cant play nice and response to people with different opinions without abusing the person then yeah sure go hit the ignore button if thats what it takes prob the safest option

Ok Nasheed

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

With so many of the cult having duplicate and triplicate accounts they all post the same it's so confusing they will just jump on another account. The most replied to person on this page is @Flanagun :grinning:

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
it must burn rothf that gus knows more than him

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
rothf just makes anti bulldogs stuff up...gus laughs

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PRESSURE GAUGE: VERY HIGH
THE BULLDOGS

Phil Gould has been at Belmore for three years, finishing 16th (wooden spoon) in 2021, 12th in 2022 and 15th last season under hyped-up new coach Cameron Ciraldo.

It’s a slow old rebuild at a club that has become more of a transit lounge than a title contender.

There has been zero stability – they have used 70 players since Gould arrived.

Yes, they needed a roster shake-up but this is by far the most of any club.

In the same time Cronulla has used 38, the Rabbitohs 43 and Penrith 44. The Wests Tigers (57) have turned over the second-highest number of players.

No one’s job is safe. “It creates uncertainty with players walking on eggshells,” said one Penrith official from Gould’s days at the foot of the mountains.

One leading player agent, with two of the biggest names in the NRL, now refuses to do business with the club because of the manner in which contracts have been broken.

On paper the Bulldogs should improve.

Phil Gould’s Bulldogs revolution is yet to bear fruit. Picture: Julian Andrews

Phil Gould’s Bulldogs revolution is yet to bear fruit. Picture: Julian Andrews

They have picked up an outstanding big-match, X-factor player in Stephen Crichton.

Worryingly though, you look at other key signings at Belmore in recent times and it’s fair to say the likes of Reed Mahoney, Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr are not the same players they were at their previous clubs.

Outside of Crichton there have been some puzzling calls on recruitment.

Last year after a 66-nil loss to the Knights, Gould called a press conference. He announced a plan to: “rebuild from within”. To put resources into pathways and junior development.

In a complete contradiction they offloaded outstanding local juniors Jake Averillo (Moorebank Rams) and Paul Alamoti (Milperra Colts) to the Dolphins and Panthers. They also released highly regarded SG Ball centre Michael Gabrael to the Cronulla Sharks. He scored three tries last weekend in his first SG Ball game for the Sharks.

The Dogs have gone for a whole host of handy utility players – Connor Tracey, Blake Taaffe, Kurt Mann, Jaeman Salmon and Drew Hutchison.

All were borderline first graders at their previous clubs.

REVOLVING DOOR: Number of players clubs have used over the past three years
Cronulla38
South Sydney43
Penrith44
Canberra46
Parramatta47
Manly48
Newcastle49
North Queensland49
Gold Coast49
Sydney Roosters49
Melbourne50
St George Illawarra52
Warriors55
Brisbane56
Wests Tigers57
Canterbury70

It’s puzzling because the positions that really needed strengthening – halfback and front-row – have been ignored.

Gould hired Ciraldo on a five-year $4 million contract. Some are now suggesting he took the wrong coach from Penrith, although Ciraldo has respect from the players.

Gus could have got Andrew Webster, the man who did such a terrific job with the Warriors to be named Dally M coach of the year.

Gould doesn’t have a great record with coaching appointments.

In 2015 he sacked Ivan Cleary at the Penrith Panthers because he was “tired”, replaced him with Anthony Griffin from the Broncos, extended Griffin’s contract – then sacked him a few months later.

Gould then quit Penrith when then chairman Dave O’Neill stepped in and brought Cleary back.

The man Gus didn’t want has since coached Penrith to four-straight grand finals and won three-straight premierships.