News Buzz delivers Gould

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
if gould wanted too much money and the 66-0 score line was the catalyst for the signing then hasler delivered him to the bulldogs. hasler and turbo.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Buzz tweeted the entire time that the Gus deal was not dead, when everybody else closed the book on it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JK is the last person to reach out to the media for help.
Not saying the conversation didn't happen, but 100% the context of the conversation would have been distorted.
With or without Buzz JK wasn't going to give up until he got his man.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't agree. He seems to be the catalyst for JK to get Gould so he won't be negative as it will reflect on him
U r entitled to your opinion but mark my words and we will see the next 6 months or so,rothfield is what we call in Italian,due faccie,translated it means 2 faced,what u c is not what u get.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The perfect article to prevent JK ever telling Buzz again. Just in time for our ride up the ladder!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha the write an article basically saying our recruitment is that hopeless and needed help to land our new recruit. Thanks Daily Telegraph our club wouldn’t be the same without your support all through these years and up to now. TK members will pledge a 1 year subscription to your daily published fictional short stories for landing us Gould. As per your article as our GM he has a 15 % off percent discount voucher when recruiting new players.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I caught rhinovirus from the hospital 3 years ago, apparently it's in the same family. Not nice at all.
I understand you've had some health issues in the past, so I wish you well. They say the most likely place you are going to catch things is in the hospital because that is where all the sick people are. Hopefully recent Bulldogs signings will lift your spirits. Good times are coming!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL 2021: How Bulldogs landed Phil Gould | What’s the Buzz

The Bulldogs had given up all hope of landing Phil Gould, but one phone call changed everything, writes PHIL ROTHFIELD.
Phil Rothfield

July 17, 2021 - 9:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

FOXSPORTS1:30
Phil Gould: New Bulldogs General Manager
NOW PLAYING

NRL: Phil Gould has been announced to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football. Greg Alexander and Braith Anasta share their view on the breaking news.
Two weeks ago the Canterbury Bulldogs had given up all hope of bringing Gus Gould back to Belmore.

Then it was a phone call, Sunday, July 5, 10:35 am, that changed it all.

Your columnist on one end of the line, Bulldogs chairman John Khoury on the other.

This was the morning after the 66-nil flogging to the Manly Sea Eagles at Bankwest Stadium, one of the darkest days in Canterbury history.

Khoury had been in the job for only six months and was lost for a solution.

His concern was fan outrage and membership backlash more than the scoreboard the night before.

I told him there was only one way to fix this mess – by signing Gould to implement the same ‘five-year plan’ that has been so spectacularly successful at the Penrith Panthers.

“He’s already knocked us back and wants too much money,” Khoury said.

I then informed him of the rumour that Gould was now unsettled in his job at the Warriors.

That he should try again. That Covid was preventing Gus from properly doing the job he had started in pathways and junior development.

I even rang the Bulldogs’ billionaire major sponsor Arthur Laundy to get him on board ... the one man with deep enough pockets to quickly fix Khoury’s concern about the costs.

Gould would want three times the normal salary of general managers of football at most clubs. Probably $1 million.

For all our run-ins over the years, there is no questioning his ability to get the job done, even allowing for all the controversy and soap operas along the way.

It had to be explained to Khoury that Gould would bring more than his salary back into the club.

Phil Gould was reportedly unsettled in his role at the Warriors due to Covid. Picture: AAP.
Phil Gould was reportedly unsettled in his role at the Warriors due to Covid. Picture: AAP.
Like Craig Bellamy. Trent Robinson and Wayne Bennett, players would sign under Gus for less money. A $600,000 player would join the Dogs for $500,000.

He would also attract huge corporate support through his connections and by turning the club into a competitive and successful outfit from the basket case it has been for years.

So Project Gus was up and running.

Khoury’s last words were: “Okay, I’ll have another crack at him … and I’ll keep you in the loop.”

Next day in The Daily Telegraph we published the following item: “Shoosh: Which Sydney-based club still hasn’t given up hope of convincing Phil ‘Gus’ Gould to quit the New Zealand Warriors to oversee a much-needed football department shake-up and major overhaul of their roster.”

And then on Friday morning the Bulldogs got their man.

Gus was back at Belmore … thanks to The Daily Telegraph.
Drunken Rothfield is simply playing catch-up to the breaking news LOL
Gould insisted on no news leaked about his signing as well as he wanted to release the news himself after football on channel 9.
The Tell-A-Crap is getting desperate :tonguewink: :tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That article is just bizarre as it makes no sense on so many levels. But surely no one could make such ridiculous claims if they're completely 100% untruthful especially as Gould also has louder a media voice.

Don't believe it but I'm surprised JK or Gould would be talking to this clown over the phone.
Be watchin 100% Footy tonight.
Gall be stirring Gus about Buzzoffield for sure lol

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know Buzz is pretty much trolling with shit like that don’t you? Gus cannot stand him so it’s just a shot across the bow. There will be plenty more but at the end of the day who cares.
I don't get how someone csn publicly put themselves out there while telling such blantant lies. As a person absolutely 0% integrity and morals.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score