Buying Signed Merch off eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
You trust it?

I've bought a signed Grinspoon poster off eBay because after long chats with the owner plus photo evidence I decided it was legit.

I'm wondering how much stuff up there is fake, and how can you prove it? A lot of sellers offer a certificate of authenticity, although that really doesn't mean much at all.

In making this thread, I just had a quick browse at come of the signed Bulldogs merch available.

Item One) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2010-CANTERB...s=63&clkid=6327163185963205527#ht_1519wt_1133

This is a 2010 jersey, with 30 signatures on it selling for $230 ONO.

Item Two) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2010-CANTERB...74618872?pt=AU_NRL_Memorabilia#ht_2028wt_1133

Again, a 2010 jersey with 24 signatures selling for $199.

IMO, if these are authentic, they seem to be going for relatively cheap. I don;t know what they usually go for, but seeing as the jersey itself costs roughly $150, it's not a bad deal. What's your thoughts?

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
They are cheap cause this years team has been up the sh!t and the jersey is an x-blades jersey.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would pay money for Grinspoon's signatures tbh

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would pay money for Grinspoon's signatures tbh
Ouch.

LOL, sorry Vargs, have to agree with Bain here.
Double ouch.

Let's face it - Grinspoon are the greatest band that have never fully made it. They are the Luke Patten's of the music industry.

plus it was a block mounted poster and was relatively cheap, even without the sigs.

I still think the jerseys are a pretty good buy, although I'd much rather buy a jersey, get the sigs myself and hang it, means a lot more. I did that in 04', but the sigs were all over the jersey so can't frame it very easily.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Ouch.

Double ouch.

Let's face it - Grinspoon are the greatest band that have never fully made it. They are the Luke Patten's of the music industry.

plus it was a block mounted poster and was relatively cheap, even without the sigs.

I still think the jerseys are a pretty good buy, although I'd much rather buy a jersey, get the sigs myself and hang it, means a lot more. I did that in 04', but the sigs were all over the jersey so can't frame it very easily.
OLOLS Vargs...

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Ouch.

Double ouch.

I'm not saying you shouldn't like them, just that my estimation of you has suffered considerably.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
buy a jersey, take it to mason. He will take care of the rest

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
I'm not saying you shouldn't like them, just that my estimation of you has suffered considerably.
Triple ouch.

You, of all people Bain, are telling me you've never rocked out to Lost Control or Black Friday? Maybe mellowed out to Chemical Heart? Got p*ssed to DC3x or 1000 miles?

OH please.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Triple ouch.

You, of all people Bain, are telling me you've never rocked out to Lost Control or Black Friday? Maybe mellowed out to Chemical Heart? Got p*ssed to DC3x or 1000 miles?

OH please.
Hell no my nice guy, I have testicles. Pop music just ain't my thang, I'm more your Raining Blood type.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Hell no my nice guy, I have testicles. Pop music just ain't my thang, I'm more your Raining Blood type.
BaH! The Grinners aren't pop! they've had a couple of main stream hits, but it's their more unknown stuff that I heart.

You ever bought anything signed from eBay?

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
BaH! The Grinners aren't pop! they've had a couple of main stream hits, but it's their more unknown stuff that I heart.

You ever bought anything signed from eBay?
I'm just messin with ya Varg, but seriously they are only a fly's penis away from Britney Spears in my book.

Nah, I don't trust 'genuine' stuff on Ebay- too many dodgy bastards out there.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
I'm just messin with ya Varg, but seriously they are only a fly's penis away from Britney Spears in my book.

Nah, I don't trust 'genuine' stuff on Ebay- too many dodgy bastards out there.
Your units of measurement never cease to amaze me.

Yeah I had a mate buy approx. 3.5k of signed merch from various vendors. While I'm sure some of it is legit, I think there's a fairly solid possibility he got jipped by one or two people.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
all depends how we are going, in 2004 i bidded up to 2k for a signed jersey, it sold for over 3k

M

mongoose

I think dogs signed merch isnt at a premium due to how many fan days/how easy it is to access to the team.
Ive never seen any fake signed jerseys but you never know

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Only ever got one signed thing off ebay as a gift for someone..

Probably wouldnt buy for myself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.