Burton

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rough estimates are that so far 60% want to move him to centre and 30% want to release him from his contract tomorrow. Shit is going to get awkward when he plays well. There'll be more Moonwalking than the Billie Jean film clip
a lot of knee-jerky folk on here… the same people were desperate to re-sign him.

as I’ve stated in the past, god help those who have an average performance, they get murdered on here.

imagine if this forum existed when Terry Lamb kicked that field goal when being down by two points… even our greatest son would have copped a toweling.

The only justifiable criticism I can see is our 1 and 7.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You dont show your trump plays in trials, Burton does need a big year in our jersey, And not just a few games before SOO is picked.
Needs to work on his short kicking game as well as finding space for his back rower.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes Burton was a concern but how does JAC not get the ball at all in attack? That’s some TB coaching right there
Everytime we play at Belmore it looks like the field is smaller and he will run out of space and into touch which is what would’ve happened most of the time because our attack was too lateral

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bro if I can see that shape coming from my couch in NZ whilst swigging a bottle of Corona then I’m pretty sure the opposition can read that like a book [emoji23]
F###’n lol, you had me in stitches KD!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bro if I can see that shape coming from my couch in NZ whilst swigging a bottle of Corona then I’m pretty sure the opposition can read that like a book [emoji23]
100% would be good to have our team play like Cronulla. Refreshing to see them not waste plays on settlers and shift to edges and space quickly. Pretty simple but effective, alot of coaches just outsmart themselves in NRL tbh.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
IDIOTS!!!

Burton has credit in the bank. How do you niff nuffs not understand that.

Flanagan has diddly squat in the bank.
100%. Burton just had a big season and knows it's another long season ahead for him, why would he go all out in a trial game.

You'd think that Flanagan would step up as he is quite literally playing for his career now. It doesn't seem like it's an attitude/lack of effort problem, he just isn't good enough for first grade.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% would be good to have our team play like Cronulla. Refreshing to see them not waste plays on settlers and shift to edges and space quickly. Pretty simple but effective, alot of coaches just outsmart themselves in NRL tbh.
Absolutely this! The consistently good teams question the defence on every play inside the 20m attacking zone, not waiting for the last tackle or finding a magical spot on the 4th or 5th to run a rehearsed play.

Souths, Cronulla, Melbourne, Roosters and Manly, in particular, are all relentless in pursuit of points. I felt we did a good job vs Raiders and looked on song versus Sharks for a short time - Kiks went off and the halves were clueless thereafter. Thankfully Reynolds came on and he lifted the team as well as having that level of unpredictability about him which got us some late tries.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think skelton showed more in his limited minutes then most of our outside backs. Hope he is in contention for a starting spot.
I saw the try he laid on again this morning and it really was excellent work, by the players inside him and then his kick across for Grub was perfect. That’s not the play of a guy who isn’t ready. Many experienced backs can’t even pull it off.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot of knee-jerky folk on here… the same people were desperate to re-sign him.

as I’ve stated in the past, god help those who have an average performance, they get murdered on here.

imagine if this forum existed when Terry Lamb kicked that field goal when being down by two points… even our greatest son would have copped a toweling.

The only justifiable criticism I can see is our 1 and 7.
I can see it now…

What is that stumpy little **** thinking?! Fuck him off and play someone with a brain.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw the try he laid on again this morning and it really was excellent work, by the players inside him and then his kick across for Grub was perfect. That’s not the play of a guy who isn’t ready. Many experienced backs can’t even pull it off.
Yeah absolutely. I even have him ahead of Alamoti.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah absolutely. I even have him ahead of Alamoti.
Skelton hasn't even been in the game for a year yet. I'm not sure how much league he played as a kid but know he predominantly played union before transitioning to 7's and then played about two years in the 15 man game where he didn't actually play all that much because he was injured. I'm sure we're just managing him at this point and looking to make sure this body is right and he's comfortable in the game.

If our forwards are going to get dominated like they did against the Sharks on a regular basis then we're badly going to need his extra size in the backline so I suspect he will get his opportunity sooner rather than later, even if that isn't the case with our forwards then he will still get his opportunity quite soon imo. In terms of athleticism and skillset not one of our backs comes close to Skeleton so it's going to be hard to keep him out for long.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Skelton hasn't even been in the game for a year yet. I'm not sure how much league he played as a kid but know he predominantly played union before transitioning to 7's and then played about two years in the 15 man game where he didn't actually play all that much because he was injured. I'm sure we're just managing him at this point and looking to make sure this body is right and he's comfortable in the game.

If our forwards are going to get dominated like they did against the Sharks on a regular basis then we're badly going to need his extra size in the backline so I suspect he will get his opportunity sooner rather than later, even if that isn't the case with our forwards then he will still get his opportunity quite soon imo. In terms of athleticism and skillset not one of our backs comes close to Skeleton so it's going to be hard to keep him out for long.
He has it all, light on his feet, strong aggressive fend, even a good kick. We need that skillset in our backline, and im confident he will get a run sooner or later too, hopefully not because we are doing badly. Lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has it all, light on his feet, strong aggressive fend, even a good kick. We need that skillset in our backline, and im confident he will get a run sooner or later too, hopefully not because we are doing badly. Lol
Yes that's the issue we have, blooding players when the team isn't performing. It's partly why teams like Storm and Panther dominated for so long, much easier for inexperienced players to develop in a successful side and become key members moving forward.