Burton to 7

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We're talking pro sport. In any team their can't be passengers. You go up against the gummies and they can bite so there's no room for being kind .

Maybe this is just the best Flanno can do. Sweet but having a weak link in a crucial position weakens the whole side so you're then being unfair to the blokes busting a gut every outing.

Can't deny that Kyle has had his chances but best is best and if that's his best ok maybe have a look at SL where you'll get opportunities, slower game and he might shine ..win win.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
they talked about changes on 360 tonight

- they were not happy that he wasn't getting his hands on the ball and they felt he went missing in key moments basically gave 7 to burton as a symbol this is your team Matt and now we want him to own it

- gave Flanagan 6 as they want give him less responsibility and simplify his role

- here’s no ducks and drakes, Kyle will be playing five-eighth (at least this week)

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton with the #7 jumper on the left and Kyle with the #6 jumper on the right

Just changing numbers and nothing else changes

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think KO incoming at 6 or maybe 14 with Renyolds at 6 and Karl eased in for a week or 2:tearsofjoy:
Yeah baz, won’t surprise me if flange gets hooked if he doesn’t perform this week and ko slots into six it’s a smart way of blooding him without the extra pressure of having to run the side. But I am looking forward to seeing Burton under a bit more pressure and having to be more involved

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they talked about changes on 360 tonight

- they were not happy that he wasn't getting his hands on the ball and they felt he went missing in key moments basically gave 7 to burton as a symbol this is your team Matt and now we want him to own it

- gave Flanagan 6 as they want give him less responsibility and simplify his role

- here’s no ducks and drakes, Kyle will be playing five-eighth (at least this week)
Can’t simplify Flanagans role he does fekk all now

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon this is Flannos last shot. If he plays well he stays but if he fcks up at 6 his NRL career is over. KO comes in. Not sure Burton is a 7, but if he goes well and gets more involved we will improve. Having another threat in the halves will give him more space
He’s not a 6 I don’t think but I think he’s a sublime hooker possibly.
He’s not an organisational half but at the roosters he was a support gun so I can see it’s worth a shot but I also think due to defence reasons his future should be hooker.

Hooker is where failed halfbacks go and lock is where failed 5/8s go or when they get thicc

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s not a 6 I don’t think but I think he’s a sublime hooker possibly.
He’s not an organisational half but at the roosters he was a support gun so I can see it’s worth a shot but I also think due to defence reasons his future should be hooker.

Hooker is where failed halfbacks go and lock is where failed 5/8s go or when they get thicc
Where do failed Nashweeds go? And when are you going there?

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can’t simplify Flanagans role he does fekk all now
yeah i agree but maybe the number change could be good thing, i remember last year Keary and Walker switched numbers also. I reckon they will bring KO in the future, would be shit debut tho if was flogging from nicho and co. Start him against dragons or raiders which are not doing so good currently and are beatable

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan offers nothing as a 6. If Burton's going to be an on the ball half Flanagan's going to be even more useless (already shouldn't be playing as is). I think Shark will be Flanagan's last game in dogs colours. Our draw opens up after Shark and it's the perfect time to blood Oloapu. It's unlikely we sign an experienced 7 so we need to start preparing for the future - Burton on the ball half, Oloapu in the halves. It's a shame we wasted the whole pre season and 1st 7 rounds of the season playing Flanagan (and how Burton is used) when it was so obvious this was going to be the outcome.
Spot on.
I said Flanno was a dud the moment he signed with us and got flamed by "experts" on TK who said he was our long term HB.
I also said Burton should be 7 when he signed up and got flamed by the same "experts" on TK who said he's not an "organising half".
Given that all the other HB options in 2022 were complete duds it's so obvious that Burton should have been set to be our primary playmaker in the halves in the 2022 pre-season.
This was so crystal clear that surely I cannot be the only one on TK who could see this.
Flanno's kicking game is crap - he can't kick beyond 30m, he can't kick a floating bomb, his short kicking game is terrible, his running game is shite, he is slow physically and between the ears and his passing game is below par. That's just for starters, as a HB his creativity, vision and decision making is the worst in the NRL.
To those experts on TK who have insisted on Flanno explain exactly what is he good at as a HB?

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i agree but maybe the number change could be good thing, i remember last year Keary and Walker switched numbers also. I reckon they will bring KO in the future, would be shit debut tho if was flogging from nicho and co. Start him against dragons or raiders which are not doing so good currently and are beatable
Certainly gives the impression change is in motion but the wheels are turning very slowly. Watch with interest to see if Burton steps up with the added responsibility.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Certainly gives the impression change is in motion but the wheels are turning very slowly. Watch with interest to see in Burton steps up with the added responsibility.
gotta keep in mind its about the money too, the power brokers dont want 450k running around in nsw cup as the investment is useless, however its useless on the field anyway lmfao

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
These are just numbers on a jersey. I don’t think much will change