Burton tells Freddy he’s in & team reaction

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the thing is too, and I’m saying this as an Ango-Saxon, yeah - we did have issue when a lot of the idiots used to turn up in our rough years between 2002-2006, and they were embarrassing, but I love and embrace our ethnicity and that our fans are true fans from every walk. We take the loses hard, but we take the wins like no other. There is so much passion for our club. Just wait til Burton starts playing for a club that is a top 4 lock every year. THEN he’ll know what it’s like to really play for a BIG club!

I LOVE our fans!!! We are ALL what makes this a true blue collar club!
How about the big bloke thumping the Bulldog badge on his jumper.

Fox has started a trend.

Pure pride and passion.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also I have noticed a worrying negative sign in Burton's body language.

When he has been leaping on top of his team mates during the multiple post try celebrations the last few weeks, he is not leaping quite high enough.
its the way he strangles the bulldogs logo and starts to punch his chest thats ringing alarm bells for me

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the kid knows what's coming his way if he keeps performing and stays loyal to the Blue & Whites.
He'll be hailed as an immortal in Belmore, and given the keys to the Leagues club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes agree but he says he doesnt want it, he would rather go fishing. I tend to believe him. But i dont think it would take much persuasion to change his mind.
Yesterday he said he’ll tell the media in a few weeks whether he wants the gig or not. He’s sounding a bit keener each week. I think he was just deflecting media attention and taking pressure off himself when he said he wasn’t interested. I think he’s keen.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the reaction - the team is bonding like super glue! The more Burto feels at home at the Dogs with his team mates the better! Sign him up for 10 years already.
Lot of credit to potter lifting them from a dark place

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday he said he’ll tell the media in a few weeks whether he wants the gig or not. He’s sounding a bit keener each week. I think he was just deflecting media attention and taking pressure off himself when he said he wasn’t interested. I think he’s keen.
I think he is taking one for the team.

Give them nothing .... real old school Bulldog.

Well played yesterday, i think you are going OK :D

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
Another Gus Gould special for pumping his tyres up on 100% footy. if he doesn't push Freddie to pick him, does he make the side?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another Gus Gould special for pumping his tyres up on 100% footy. if he doesn't push Freddie to pick him, does he make the side?
If that were true, Fox would of been next to him.

But you don't need to be a genius to put the reigning Dally M centre of the year into the centre spot in Origin...

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
If that were true, Fox would of been next to him.

But you don't need to be a genius to put the reigning Dally M centre of the year into the centre spot in Origin...
he hasn't played there all season. and as Gordie said, i'd be more scared at Kotoni Staggs running at me than Burto.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he hasn't played there all season. and as Gordie said, i'd be more scared at Kotoni Staggs running at me than Burto.
Staggs is insanely overrated, so good seeing him get exposed in game one and pulled off with an "injured shoulder" hahaha.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Yeah probably more scared, for the Two runs Staggs makes a game...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd rather have a 3rd half on the field than a centre.

Staggs got hooked.

Gordie is a brain damaged dud and what he thinks means shit.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fittler waited at the entrance to the players tunnel lol he didn't go into the dressing sheds the cat
I was listening to Triple M and they interviewed Fox after the game. He said he found out in the morning he wasnt in the team.

Not sure how he found out. I could tell he knew in his pre match interview because he seemed a bit down.

Even though he played well he wasnt at his best. That try for Nofaluma wasnt great. It was the same in the saints game. He found out on the morning that he hadnt made the side and played terrible.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was listening to Triple M and they interviewed Fox after the game. He said he found out in the morning he wasnt in the team.

Not sure how he found out. I could tell he knew in his pre match interview because he seemed a bit down.

Even though he played well he wasnt at his best. That try for Nofaluma wasnt great. It was the same in the saints game. He found out on the morning that he hadnt made the side and played terrible.
Can't say I blame him. Imagine being replaced by Tupuo for Game 1. I'd be depressed too. Josh is in better form and is a far more dangerous player but because Tupou "didn't do anything wrong" in Game 1 he gets to keep his spot. What the hell did he do right to get picked in the first place...apart from playing for the Rorters.

If NSW win, I'll be happy for Burton. If NSW lose, Shitler will be gone and then next year the only Rorters player in the side will be Tedesco. That's a win-win for me