Burton is overrated.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Surprising from you mate.. Burton needs work but he is not even close to being the reason why we got beat by 25+ today..
Im just frustrated that he's been made a captain, got a new big money deal and can't even set up one clean left edge shift because of his poor passing. As Critta eluded to, world cup was more important than the Dogs pre season and it showed today.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burton showed what he could do once Barrett was out the door and Mick Potter took over. under Ciraldo they are back bad coaching game plans.
I disagree he still had limited involvement under potter
The only try assists burto had were kicks to fox.
I cant recall him putting a cantre or edge forward through a hole to score

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok…

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bullshit Marley, go defend an Avocado.
Are you serious? He fucked us all fucking night. Kicks out on the full, multiple loose passes to no one, refusing to even kick, hiding in the centres and leaving Kikau to play 5/8, terrible defence, multiple penalities conceded. I could go on, so many poor moments from him that continually put us under pressure. It was honestly one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen from a Bulldog.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You turned on him too bruz? Todays form was very concerning.. but quite a few big names had a game to forget real quick.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you serious? He fucked us all fucking night. Kicks out on the full, multiple loose passes to no one, refusing to even kick, hiding in the centres and leaving Kikau to play 5/8, terrible defence, multiple penalities conceded. I could go on, so many poor moments from him that continually put us under pressure. It was honestly one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen from a Bulldog.
Mate, you will write a book to defend Avo and I have supported you. But for some only you know reason you have death rided Burton since he signed.

He was poor today but so are you with your assessment as to why and the big picture with the team. Sorry Marley, we didn’t lose today because Averillo was let down by the entire team or because Burton didn’t win it all for us.

I am more concerned by the lack of defensive change from Ciraldo and more importantly why as a club we still haven’t seen what Cheatulla and the Roosters already saw with Flange being a team cancer.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate, you will write a book to defend Avo and I have supported you. But for some only you know reason you have death rided Burton since he signed.

He was poor today but so are you with your assessment as to why and the big picture with the team. Sorry Marley, we didn’t lose today because Averillo was let down by the entire team or because Burton didn’t win it all for us.

I am more concerned by the lack of defensive change from Ciraldo and more importantly why as a club we still haven’t seen what Cheatulla and the Roosters already saw with Flange being a team cancer.
Because he's overrated as fuck.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cmon Marley, you are not dumb. You can’t possibly believe that we got flogged today because or Burton… We looked way better as a team last year against the same team with Avo at 7 and Burton at 6.

Get a grip. 7 and 1 is still our problem and currently no props is what fucked us.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
he's been rubbish for tigers so far
Fogarty debuted at 25.
Walker at 26.
Hynes got his first permanent halves spot at 26.

Halves progression isn't linear, you need to be patient with them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cmon Marley, you are not dumb. You can’t possibly believe that we got flogged today because or Burton… We looked way better as a team last year against the same team with Avo at 7 and Burton at 6.

Get a grip. 7 and 1 is still our problem and currently no props is what fucked us.
We were flogged today because of Burton.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Take a young talented, unpolished player who has some versatility, get frustrated because he's inconsistent - while learning his position (in an inconsistent team) move him to a position that he should theoretically do well in, get frustrated because he's inconsistent.
Don't forget to make him captain....