Burton is overrated.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sought of knew it was a bad sign seeing the foxtell promo of him kicking the ball, thinking
yeah thats all ya got.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy has no ball playing skills. No creativity whatsoever. Can't even use the best 2nd rower in the game to his advantage. He clearly didn't want to be out there today in the scorching sun.
He's never had a passing game in his whole career and we sign him for 800K+ when Keary is on 700K they reckon LOL and now his running game looks like it's up to shit also.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I been super supportive of Burton but today was not the day for that performance. Comparing him to Reed is light and fucking day. He needs to grow some balls and run hard first pass second. He needs to not make errors at crucial times and he needs to forget about being captain. Reed is the leader of this club

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can’t wait for such and such to defend this performance. I think we know who i am talking about…

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I been super supportive of Burton but today was not the day for that performance. Comparing him to Reed is light and fucking day. He needs to grow some balls and run hard first pass second. He needs to not make errors at crucial times and he needs to forget about being captain. Reed is the leader of this club
Kikau literally had to step into the 5/8 role twice today while Burton just fucked around in the centres, absolutely ridiculous. I do not know how he got the Captaincy.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It looks his form is always shit and the parra game was a fluke.
In a team that struggled to score last season he got more try assists than Hughes, Munster, Moylan, Brooks, Foran, Ilias... He has the skills, that is without doubt. Today was the worst I've seen him play in a while, maybe (c) is the wrong gig for him. But, we need him to learn how to deal with the pressure, he is by far our most likely option over the next 5 years. KO will hopefully get there, but Burton is a long way ahead of him at the moment, and we need two class halves, not one.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His decision making today was an absolute slap in the face. Going for too many killer plays where what we need is the calculated play.

40/20 attempt out on the full, all you needed to do was find turf and build pressure. Tom was slightly out of position so it should've been easier.

Passing to kikau on the last in out own 30, kick the shit out of it dude, take the small loss and defend the territory, reset.

Kicking out on the full on kick off, we just had points scored on us, reset, get the ball.in play and defend.

There was more, but those are absolute killers, feeling extremely deflated and this paired with ado.carr trying to run it on the half time siren, I'm asking the question if our leaders are taking this seriously.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What was with those fucking weird passing drills all the players were doing in the Kennel series... Was Burton present during those drills, or the drills didn't work lol.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Overreaction... much.
You can still be the leader of the Burton fan club. You are allowed to sledge him lol.

But it's not an overreaction, the signs were there for all to see in the trial against Sharks... unfortunately he played worse today than he did then.

Club should have him on a media ban talking about his bombs FFS. So much pressure on a kid who is clearly not ready for it, which makes the captaincy call even more perplexing.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was atrocious and needs to have a long, hard look at himself.
With that said, we need to understand he's still a work in progress. 58 x 1st grade games, under 30 as a 5/8, 1st with the 9 and 1. None of that is to say he wasn't abominable today but we tend to be prisoners of the moment here and unfortunately, that's not really how player development works.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With that said, we need to understand he's still a work in progress. 58 x 1st grade games, under 30 as a 5/8, 1st with the 9 and 1. None of that is to say he wasn't abominable today but we tend to be prisoners of the moment here and unfortunately, that's not really how player development works.
He is not a work in process. He has been in premiership winning teams, origin teams and kangaroos teams. He should be performing now on the money he is on and he isn’t.