Burton is not worth big dollars

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lafam, our team is a clusterfuck. Look at all the leading halves in the comp. They all had the benefit of good coaching and senior spine players to mentor them as they were finding their feet in first grade. Yeah, I know Burton played first grade at Penrith, but he played very little footy in the halves in firsts there.

Burton creates a fair few tries given what a shit show our team is. It’s not as though he’s a senior player like the fuckin’ garden gnome.

Trust me, Burton is struggling now, but he’d be one of those players we’d regret losing if we were to let him go.
This.

People still think Munster would do anything behind this pack. Yeah he may not miss touch, but besides that, he'd be just as bad.

The whole team is a mess. Burton was our best player for the last year and a half, and yes has dropped badly his level last 6-7 games but he's shot of confidence.

At his best, we know how good he is... easily our best player under Potter last year.

Everyone gotta chill

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Burton is not worth what he is getting paid, kid has all the skills etc but in all honesty, will never get what it is to be a Bulldog.. his heart isnt it, you can see it in his body language..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton is not worth what he is getting paid, kid has all the skills etc but in all honesty, will never get what it is to be a Bulldog.. his heart isnt it, you can see it in his body language..
He doesn't have all the skills, he has one or two.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He has had a terrible year in a better team would have been dropped or shifted to centre.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He doesn't know how to play 6 and there is no one to work with him. He needs a Maloney in his ear. He plays to wide, he doesn't catch the ball on the move he is always standing still and his body is always east/west. He is at his best playing direct. Who knows it can be also that he hardly gets to play with momentum and space but it all just looks wrong especially when he plays to the right.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lafam, our team is a clusterfuck. Look at all the leading halves in the comp. They all had the benefit of good coaching and senior spine players to mentor them as they were finding their feet in first grade. Yeah, I know Burton played first grade at Penrith, but he played very little footy in the halves in firsts there.

Burton creates a fair few tries given what a shit show our team is. It’s not as though he’s a senior player like the fuckin’ garden gnome.

Trust me, Burton is struggling now, but he’d be one of those players we’d regret losing if we were to let him go.
All valid points.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yeah, new leadership is needed. They could do worse than Corey Waddell for captain. Gotta re-sign him first, though.
Flanno at hooker and now Waddell as captain. What a fucking dickhead.
Waiting to see your call as coach please say Dymock from the 6games 10 plus yrs ago or peptide flange himself?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd spend every minute trying to fix his defence. Then I'd take playmaker responsibilities off him. He needs a dominant half controlling the game, so he can just chime in. Having no fullback, no dominant half, and Mahoney over playing his hand doesn't help.. Mahoney and Burton are similar in that regard.. both stuff up when trying to do too much, and compound it by missing tackles.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flanno at hooker and now Waddell as captain. What a fucking dickhead.
Waiting to see your call as coach please say Dymock from the 6games 10 plus yrs ago or peptide flange himself?
Why the need to abuse people for having a different opinion, lafam? It doesn’t reflect well on you.

Reed was horrible today. Missed 8 tackles and offered nothing in attack, Flano came on and actually pushed up in support and gave us energy.

Waddell was immense today. 180 metres, 31 tackles, a try, line break and try assist. Not only are you badmouthing me, you are rubbishing two of the few players who actually put in for us today.

As for Ciraldo, I can not recall a dogs team with more consistently atrocious defence. If you can’t see he’s not up to the job, arguing with you is futile. We’d have been better off sticking with Potter. At least he had us enjoying our footy.

Grow up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why the need to abuse people for having a different opinion, lafam? It doesn’t reflect well on you.

Reed was horrible today. Missed 8 tackles and offered nothing in attack, Flano came on and actually pushed up in support and gave us energy.

Waddell was immense today. 180 metres, 31 tackles, a try, line break and try assist. Not only are you badmouthing me, you are rubbishing two of the few players who actually put in for us today.

As for Ciraldo, I can not recall a dogs team with more consistently atrocious defence. If you can’t see he’s not up to the job, arguing with you is futile. We’d have been better off sticking with Potter. At least he had us enjoying our footy.

Grow up.
Great leadership from our "captains".... 14 missed tackles between them (8 and 6).

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd spend every minute trying to fix his defence. Then I'd take playmaker responsibilities off him. He needs a dominant half controlling the game, so he can just chime in. Having no fullback, no dominant half, and Mahoney over playing his hand doesn't help.. Mahoney and Burton are similar in that regard.. both stuff up when trying to do too much, and compound it by missing tackles.
The trying to do too much narrative is a myth at this point. I am sick of hearing that as an excuse.

They couldn't even do the basics right today, like find touch, last tackle kicks, cold knock ons, stupid errors, falling off tackles. For a big body he sucks defensively I have to say it, he got trampled by Olukuatu multiple times today

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Great leadership from our "captains".... 14 missed tackles between them (8 and 6).
Burton isn’t ready to be captain. Too much responsibility way too early in his career. Reed just sucks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We need captains who players respect and do not want to let down. AKA James Graham
They don't respect their assistant, as if they will respect those duds, especially when not leading by example.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reed stinks bro, his games vs Parra were disgusting. Today was a complete shocker, outplayed by fucking Croker the makeshift hooker
Yeah, he’s turned out to be such a dud signing. A huge disappointment.