News Burton failure to Launch

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a surprising turn around his kicks and kick metres are way up from last year when he was playing centre too :worried:

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the next few weeks with wakeham will decide if he is re-signed or not. We have succumb to the fact that Avo isn't a half. Backup 5/8 and half. Centre could be his position who knows.
I think we should be sniffing around O'Sullivan from Penrith. He's going to get some good experience from them, he's bounced around a bit and been behind some good players. We could probably nab him on a good value contract.

Even ESL is light on for halves Austin, Widdop, Reynolds are all a bit long in the tooth but could fill in for 12months. We need to get Burton help if we have any hope of extending his contract. Act now before it becomes an issue later

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly, I refused to read beyond the headline of this stupid article !
Every man and his Bulldog knows that rebuilding the team to its former greatness wasn't going to be easy,
2 of the most important missing pieces of the puzzle ( Mahoney & Kikau ) are signed already.
Among many others the other most important piece of the puzzle ( halfback ) is work in progress.
When completed not only Burton also the team will be better for it !
So, these so called journos can stop their gloom & doom rubbish !

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There are no good halfbacks available for the near future. Maybe we could sus out O'Sullivan but I'd say it's likely he'll struggle in our team like everyone else has. If we're signing a halfback they need to be quality and experienced. There is none. We have to adapt, playstyle wise, and play with 2 five-eighths like Storm and Sharks. If Baz doesn't do this he might as well be pushed out the door as nothings going to change here. Averillo shouldn't of been moved from five-eighth. We should of just left someone there and stuck with them. I really don't care what people say, Averillo is clearly our best five-eighth after Burton and the other candidates aren't good enough halfbacks either.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There putting shit on Burton?????
What about Reynolds at the gronks????
Fox we’re kissing Reynolds arse for his comeback but has failed to launch lol:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely dissapointed with our clubs spending of the cap
A solid 6 and 7 are required in spine and poor Burton has all our hopes on him,we are cannon fodder in he really needs a solid partner otherwise we’re gonna struggle for points again.
I guess today and next week will tell us more of where we are at
You can't compere Burton with Penrith team, to Burton with our team, a lot off BS, we'll get better and better as the season progressing

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like he is about to cop what Tolman and Reynolds copped.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is a classy player and we are all happy we have him in our side. But all our players including burton need to step up. They need to take more risk to get reward. It’s as simple as that. Conservative play is not needed right now. We need offloads, line breaks, tries and points . Every player from Jackson to burton to ado Carr need to step up. There is points in this team and they need to take the game on. Enough excuses about needing time to gel. These guys are professionals and this is their full time job

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We're the article about dogshit Lachlan Illias that was touted as the next best thing... Fuck media scum targeting us

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is an elite player, but he isn't a playmaker . We need someone to play first reciever and direct traffic. Once that's
In place Burton will be unstoppable

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton is an elite player, but he isn't a playmaker . We need someone to play first reciever and direct traffic. Once that's
In place Burton will be unstoppable
This ^

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any truth to the rumours you guys are working out a swap, Flanno for Brooks?

If true big mistake I reckon. Brooks couldn't organise a root in a brothel, I don't get why TBaz wont give Flanno a crack alongside Burton. Once you get the right foil to unlock Burton you will get to see him at his best.

The other thing that surprises me is TBaz not having a crack at Kurt Falls. Combined well with Burton coming through and would be cheap as chips, so no loss if it was a bust. Can kick goals too iirc.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is doing just fine for mine.

He is the long term answer but he was unlikely to be a instant fix and was going to need time to adjust playing fulltime in the halves with a new team.

He has also had to deal with a lot of team changes around him and Tbaz has done him no favours in settling in with no combinations allowed to gel.
Agree, he's only 3 games in and already crap is written about him. The kid will be a superstar just needs a bit of time and a normal half-back or at least a gun dummy half which we got next year