Burt Newton Passes Away

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the greats and the end of an era.
I can remember him MC the royal command performance at the Sydney opera house back in 1980
with a perfect ice breaker that I never forgot, Skip to 37.17 (The whole show is a "time capsule" and is worth watching anyway)

Thanks "Moonface" for the memories.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the greats and the end of an era.
I can remember him MC the royal command performance at the Sydney opera house back in 1980
with a perfect ice breaker that I never forgot, Skip to 37.17 (The whole show is a "time capsule" and is worth watching anyway)

Thanks "Moonface" for the memories.
expand...
Thanks so much for that Grunthos. Just watched the whole show. How amazing was he along with all the other Aussie icons! I am going to get dad to watch that he so loved Bert Newton! He will be so sadly missed by all those that loved him. Thanks so much for the memories & for entertaining us Bert you true Aussie legend.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
One year, hosting The Logies, Burt interviewed that years ‘special guest’ - John Travolta - who mentioned he was ‘talking to Sylvester Stallone about a new project’. Burt deadpanned ‘Through an interpreter?’ The audience laughed and Travolta, who clearly didn’t get the gag nervously said ‘Excuse me?’. Classic Aussie humour lost on the Yanks. Onya Burt :-).