Burqa-clad mum Carnita Matthews jailed for six months

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A BURQA-CLAD mother of seven who claimed she was the victim of mistaken identity has been jailed for six months for making a false complaint against a police officer.

Magistrate Robert Rabbidge dismissed Carnita Matthews' allegations that a highway patrol officer was racist after he pulled her over for a Random Breath Test and claims he forcibly tried to remove her face veil as false.

In sentencing her, he described her actions as "both deliberate and malicious" saying he had no option but to sentence her to jail given the seriousness of her allegations, and to send a clear message to the community.

A second woman, also wearing a burqa today who was supporting Matthews in court broke down in tears as she was removed by Corrective Service officers.

Matthews was charged in June after allegedly falsely claiming that a highway patrol officer handled her in an attempt to see her burqa-hidden face during a random breath test.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
She pleaded not guilty.

After arriving at Campbelltown Local Court yesterday with an identically dressed friend, Matthews watched the in-car police video of her being pulled over and asked to lift the burqa so the officer could verify her licence photo.

Her claim that she had not signed the Statutory Declaration outlining her complaint were rejected with Magistrate Rabbidge saying the signature on it was almost identical to that on her driver's licence.

The court was told that after being issued an infringement notice for not properly displaying her P-plates, the 46-year-old branded the officer "a racist" and claimed he only booked her because of what she was wearing.

"I've got my P-plates on my car ... there was nothing wrong with how they were displayed," Matthews said on the video.

"You look at me and see me wearing this and you couldn't handle it. All cops are racist."

The court heard that Matthews then drove to Campbelltown police station to complain that she was unfairly treated by the officer.

Giving evidence yesterday, the station officer who took the complaint said he had told Matthews the officer had been right to ask for identification.

In a statement read to the court, Sergeant Paul Kearney said he told her: "I'm looking at you and all I can see is two eyes."

However, the court was told that an officer who three days later accepted a statutory declaration from a burqa-clad woman he assumed to be Matthews failed to check her identification.

Matthews' lawyer Stephen Hopper said there was no way for police to prove that his client was the one who signed the statutory declaration at Campbelltown police station on June 10.

Mr Hopper said that meant Matthews should not have been charged with the offence of making a false complaint to police.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...rqa-says-accused/story-e6freuzi-1225955956369

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
ok another Burqa Clad person. yep no one cares.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
See what happens when you don't wear your P plates? Tsk.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Next time I go sign something, I'll wear a snuggie and a balaclava so I can't get in trouble if it all goes wrong.

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
honestly, how can she make a claim saying all cops are racist...a majority of them are trying to do their job and keep the areas they patrol safe. if this means fining Raging P - Platers, then who the hell cares ?? they deserve to be targeted if they drive like maniacs. I'm a P Plater myself and i drive properly on the road and i know i wont ever get booked because i dont do stupid sheet.

Sure, some cops are dirty and would be racist, but to make a claim that all of them are...its just a terrible accusation. When something goes wrong in your household, one usually calls the police. Why not call someone else if your not very fond of the coppas ??? farking unbelievable. Watta Burqa Wearing Type Caster...thinking call police officers are racist

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If she did in fact lie, suck **** to her.

She disgraced every Muslim, especially the ones who wear the burqa. As if they haven't got enough **** to cop from the media about them trying to ban it.

This would also never have made the news, let alone top priority news, had she not been a muslim/wore a burqa. People make false accusations to the police in this country on a daily basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Lucky she didnt lie to her husband and was tried by Sharia law. She would have been stoned to death.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sucked in ! She went in personally to complain, then signed a stat-dec and after being proven a liar And an idiot (who doesn't know cop cars have cameras in them) she says prove it was me !? 6 months isn't enough but you know what ? She'll appeal, cry racism and some soft c**k judge will let her off. She's everything that's wrong with this world !!

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always playing the race card, its always someone else's fault. Finally a Judge will balls ,good on her way to set her culture back even further in the community and that muslim friendship leader twat says she should be let off for the the sake of her 7 children, 7 CHILDREN!!! i guess thats the muslim policy "have as many kids as you possibly can"

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
You'll need to get used to it Col, if you're moving to Townsville. Up there if you've only got 7 kids you're either under 20 or STD's have rendered you infertile.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
she should be ashamed, although i thought 6 months for a petty crime was abit much, i dont sympathise with her. She should cop it on the chin.

M

mongoose

she should be ashamed, although i thought 6 months for a petty crime was abit much, i dont sympathise with her. She should cop it on the chin.
Its not a petty crime to falsely accuse someone following racist tirades.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Its not a petty crime to falsely accuse someone following racist tirades.
ive seen worse crimes get less time than that lol. IMO 2-3 months tops + fine + community service

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I rekon she should have got 1 year or more for being a fcking stupid cnt.

Also LMAO at her surname..... Its so Islamic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.