Burgess cleared by match review commitee

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sa...igh-shot-on-robbie-farah-20180722-p4zswu.html

South Sydney captain Sam Burgess has been cleared by the NRL match review committee for his shot on Wests Tigers' Robbie Farah, escaping what would have been his third suspension of the season.

Burgess was put on report for a tackle which laid out former teammate Farah in Saturday's 22-6 loss to the Tigers.

Rated R@TheNRLRoast

Sam Burgess doesn't hold back on former teammate Robbie Farah #NRLTigersSouths

However, the match review committee declined to charge Burgess, freeing him for Saturday's clash with last-placed Parramatta.

Burgess was penalised after he collected Farah around the shoulders midway through the first half of what was the Bunnies' first loss in 10 matches.

The Tigers dummy-half stayed down for several moments, prompting Burgess to volley a string of expletives at his former teammate.

The Englishman later declined to comment

Farah came out in support of Burgess, saying the incident didn't warrant a suspension.

However, the rejuvenated No.9 denied claims he stayed down in an attempt to milk a penalty.

"That was when Sam hit me in the first half," Farah said referring to his cut lip.

"He was carrying on like he didn't get me, when I was laying down. But he got me on the mouth.

"I thought he knocked out a couple of teeth there, but it's all good."

Burgess missed four games in the space of five weeks earlier in the season after being controversially suspended for two weeks for an elbow lift on Josh Morris and another two for a careless high tackle on Aidan Sezer.

Meanwhile, Newcastle back-rower Aidan Guerra is free to play next week despite copping a dangerous contact charge for a shot on Ash Taylor during Saturday's win over Gold Coast.

AAP

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't stand burgess, but in all fairness that shot should have never even been penalised, it wasn't high or illegal. The way he carried on afterwards though "get up ya weak cont" was very piss poor

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't stand burgess, but in all fairness that shot should have never even been penalised, it wasn't high or illegal. The way he carried on afterwards though "get up ya weak cont" was very piss poor
I agree mate I don’t like him either but it was a good shot I hated the way he carried on like a shit **** after

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Same way he carried on with Josh Morris earlier this year when he actually did hit him illegally in the throat. Burgess has form hurting players (sometimes in a legit tackle, sometimes illegally) and then mouthing off. He’s a real knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.