Bunji Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Watching Today on Ch 9 for my Sports fix, Marshall has reportedly asked the Tigpies for a release from his contract to follow in the steps of SBW and have a stint in Japanese Rugby.

And the NRL is powerless to do anything if the Tigpies allow it.

That's it folks, lets see how this all plays out!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope it happens. Sick of the overrated little tool.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Benji, Locky's better than you!

Miller and Anasta in the halves I guess it is then!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Benji could do some crazy shiit in his day - but his day was 2005.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because his ego has taken a few knocks he wants to take his bat and ball and go elsewhere, what a sook.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this legit though or more bs from bored journos

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it would only be a summer deal

he needs a release to be able to play but i think his plan is to play summer rugby in japan and still play nrl season probably going on one year deals

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His manager has come out and said this is all horsechit. LMAO @ the offseason.

Pink Pikachu

~Kayley~
Reaction score
As usual it was just another pathetic piece of journalism from a pathetic media outlet. Paul Kent is on equal terms with Phil Rothfield as far as diseases on the rugby league community go.

The BS story prompted the Tigers CEO Stephen Humphries to send this email to all members today:

Dear Wests Tigers Members,

As many of you are aware, there have been media reports this morning suggesting Wests Tigers star Benji Marshall may seek a release from his current contract with the Club.

Let me put your minds at rest. This will not be happening.

I have spoken with Benji’s manager, Martin Tauber, this morning who assures me that Benji is totally committed to his contract with Wests Tigers for the next three seasons.

The most important message for you, as a Wests Tigers Member, is that Benji Marshall will remain an integral member of our team and will not be seeking a release from his contract.

Benji is currently with his team-mates at a pre-season training camp on the Central Coast. The boys have been working very hard under the watchful eye of new NRL Coach Mick Potter and Physical Performance Manager Hayden Knowles.

The team has really enjoyed interacting with our supporters on the Central Coast as was evident by the large turnout at The Dam Hotel in Wyong on Monday night.

Let me also take the opportunity to thank the many of you who have already renewed your Membership for 2013.

On behalf of everyone at Wests Tigers, we greatly appreciate your support and I’ll provide you with further updates on the Club on a regular basis.

Yours sincerely,

Stephen Humphreys

Chief Executive Officer

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah just like the assurance the Sonny Bill Williams and Des Hasler were going nowhere at their respective clubs.

Pink Pikachu

~Kayley~
Reaction score
Yeah just like the assurance the Sonny Bill Williams and Des Hasler were going nowhere at their respective clubs.
Tauber himself has also said this afternoon that the article is BS and benji has no interest in playing rugby union lol.

Its another example of the Telegraph making up stories, they should be punished for it, they are a hoke.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If there was no truth to it, why wouldn't Benji himself front the media and state so?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Proof the media will broadcast 'pub rumors'.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This

"The most important message for you, as a Wests Tigers Member, is that Benji Marshall will remain an integral member of our team and will not be seeking a release from his contract."

Doesnt mean that they wont negotiate something for him to be able to play union in the offseason. Also doesnt state that he doesnt want to play Union

G

Gladiator.

This

"The most important message for you, as a Wests Tigers Member, is that Benji Marshall will remain an integral member of our team and will not be seeking a release from his contract."

Doesnt mean that they wont negotiate something for him to be able to play union in the offseason. Also doesnt state that he doesnt want to play Union
Contracts are from 1st of November ---> 31 October. Regardless if its the offseason or not, he's still bound by a contract.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
If he wanted to go to Japan , he wouldn't need a release ???

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
If he's really inspired by SBW and his stint in Japanese Rugby, maybe he could just follow in his footstep and jump onto the next plane headed to Japan?

No need waiting for a contract release if this rumour has any truth to it. :p

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's really inspired by SBW and his stint in Japanese Rugby, maybe he could just follow in his footstep and jump onto the next plane headed to Japan?

No need waiting for a contract release if this rumour has any truth to it. :p
I am impressed by $BW Japan stint..... half a game ,get injured ,sit out the season whilst
sowing up your next boxing and league deal... and get paid for it.....

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Watching Today on Ch 9 for my Sports fix, Marshall has reportedly asked the Tigpies for a release from his contract to follow in the steps of SBW and have a stint in Japanese Rugby.

And the NRL is powerless to do anything if the Tigpies allow it.

That's it folks, lets see how this all plays out!
of course the nrl are powerless if the tigers release him, did you expect they could step in and force the tigers to retain him?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.