Bulldogs vs Tigers Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Doggs V Tigers

So what did everyone think of the game tonight?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Second half was delightful. First half was scary, but only a little. I have seen the Tigers start well before and then they just cant put teams away. We have some of the best players in the game, we should go far this year.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
Kennel has been down recently... thats a paddlin'

Overall we played crap, but tigers played worse lol.. how marshall is even considered one of the best is beyond me. Reynolds is too soft in defence, saw him pushed out to the wing but Lawrence scored easily against him. Ennis and his penalties are killers but he made up for it in his work ethic. Morris was gun

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Very impressed with barba again but that is just a given these days

did not think we were going anywhere in the first half and was a bit worried we lost our shine
but found it again after a quick spray from des no doubt :grinning:

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers are hopeless... We should have put 40 on them.
We had no discipline. Too many errors. Very frustrating to watch...

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dissapointing first half. Alot of errors by both teams. But again, coming off a bye you usually are sluggish..I thought we turned it around in the second half. Its great to get a win even when you aren't playing your best!

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
first half was very scary but coming out of that slump in the second half proves the confidence and ability of the team which is good. and to think if halatau passed to barba when he made the brake we would have scored 3 tries in about 3 minutes. its scary how good this team is becoming

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good effort, we're not great but we're above average, and hopefully we hand the Eels another thrashing next week. Had to lol at taquiri ?? getting carted off.

P

Paint.

Corey Payne was down hurt right at half time, went off and didnt come back...

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'll get crucified for saying it, but I find Morris to be abit of a ball hog, noticed in Origin he had chanced of passing but didn't and same tonight he could of flicked passed it but didn't and was tackled like 3-5 metres out. But It's good to see our boys regaining that presence we were once known for. Should be 7 straight next week.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ugly win but it is 2 comp points.

The Tigers should have put on more points in the first half on us. We can not put together a performance like that against sides like Manly or Brisbane.

I put it down to the bye's. Now that they are gone we can focus all the way to the finals.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Yeah i noticed that to. How good was Funicane and Jackson! These guys look like regular FG players with the way they are playing

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
I know I'll get crucified for saying it, but I find Morris to be abit of a ball hog, noticed in Origin he had chanced of passing but didn't and same tonight he could of flicked passed it but didn't and was tackled like 3-5 metres out. But It's good to see our boys regaining that presence we were once known for. Should be 7 straight next week.
i know what your saying but i see that as a player who's playing with confidence and thinks he can score every time he touches the ball

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i noticed we played better without him as well, good quick play the balls in the 2nd half

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to get the points. A lot of character in this side.

I know I'll prob get slammed for this seeing as though there are so many kk fan boys here, but he showed his true form tonite. Absolutely rubbish. Dropped a ball cold, kicking game was crap, just proved that he's still **** and the forwards have made him look good. Forwards didn't play much tonite and kk went MIA. I knew this time would come. Time for Hodko to come back now!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the lack of completions in the first half made us shy away from playing with the ball.
Keating didnt find space once oh sorry yeh he did over the sideline.
Id so put stagg at 7 and eastwood back in the team.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Refs were dreadful tonight. How the F do we get penalised for taking a bomb and getting hit late? Likewise Tigers were constantly offside all night. Then there was the farcial knock on into Jackson that got Beau Ryan a try, and finally the 3 times Ryan takes out Barba without being penalised. First shot should have been a penalty, second should have been 10 in the bin for professional foul. Was pretty obvious who the ref had their money on.

But all in all, are we able to sore, just for once, a run off the mill average try like every other side scores a game? Every single try tonight had some element of flair or brilliance to it. Kinda like getting a cocktail from a bartender vs a flair bartender. I'm not complaining though because it makes for entertaining footy :grinning: ..

Keating didn't have a good game in first half, and Reynolds went missing the first 40. Sadly for the Tigers Reynolds fired up the final 40, along with Keating.

We are still very unpolished as a side, and I think only playing as well as we need. 2 tries in second half in 10 minutes shows how potent our attack can be, and again our defence was excellent I thought.

I wonder why Eastwood was a late withdrawl, but either way Jackson and Finucane are really looking like a class act.

Tigers play us again in about 5 rounds time, and they'll be full strength I'd say. That will be a good test. How much better can we get before then.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Refs were dreadful tonight. How the F do we get penalised for taking a bomb and getting hit late? Likewise Tigers were constantly offside all night. Then there was the farcial knock on into Jackson that got Beau Ryan a try, and finally the 3 times Ryan takes out Barba without being penalised. First shot should have been a penalty, second should have been 10 in the bin for professional foul. Was pretty obvious who the ref had their money on.

But all in all, are we able to sore, just for once, a run off the mill average try like every other side scores a game? Every single try tonight had some element of flair or brilliance to it. Kinda like getting a cocktail from a bartender vs a flair bartender. I'm not complaining though because it makes for entertaining footy :grinning: ..

Keating didn't have a good game in first half, and Reynolds went missing the first 40. Sadly for the Tigers Reynolds fired up the final 40, along with Keating.

We are still very unpolished as a side, and I think only playing as well as we need. 2 tries in second half in 10 minutes shows how potent our attack can be, and again our defence was excellent I thought.

I wonder why Eastwood was a late withdrawl, but either way Jackson and Finucane are really looking like a class act.

Tigers play us again in about 5 rounds time, and they'll be full strength I'd say. That will be a good test. How much better can we get before then.
Apparently for the birth of his son. Hopefully a halfback of the future!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh gotcha, as he was injured the other week.

Oh .. how good was that hit by Finucane tonight in the second half (from memory)... totally dropped one of the Tigpies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Morris had ice on his arm after the game, hope its nothing serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.