Bulldogs vs sharks preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
http://www.nrl.com/bulldogs-v-sharks-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/88232/default.aspx

Oh god Gerard Sultton is ref and his brother Bernie is video ref.

Bulldogs v Sharks preview

Wed 22 Jul, 2015, 12:30pm
By Jack Brady, National Correspondent, NRL.com
EMAIL PRINT
Bulldogs v Sharks preview
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Belmore Sportsground
Sunday 4pm

The Run Home: Bulldogs
The Run Home: Sharks

Precariously placed in the top eight, a win for both the Bulldogs and the Sharks here is essential.

With the Bulldogs sitting at seventh on the Telstra Premiership ladder, and the Sharks just below them at eighth, this game could prove to be the game of the round with their finals hopes still very much in the air.

Intriguingly both teams are on 22 competition points, alongside the Warriors and Melbourne. In the case of an unlikely Knights win over South Sydney, any one of these teams could finish the round in the top four – pending on points differential.

Working in the Bulldogs favour is their return to Belmore Sportsground for the second time in three games. Considering how well it worked back in the final game of Round 16, Des Hasler's men will surely be keen to utilise the same emotion again.

In team changes, both welcome back utilities – Bulldog Moses Mbye and Shark Ben Barba – on their bench. Mbye's return sees Tim Browne drop back to 18th man while Barba comes on to a six-man bench also including Matt Prior and Anthony Tupou – in what could be his first game back since severely breaking his jaw in Round 9.

Rnd 20: Sun 26 Jul 2015, 4:00pm, Belmore Sports Ground
#NRLBulldogsSharks
ADD
6TH
BUY TICKETS
8TH
TEAM LISTS MATCH PREVIEW TIPPING

Watch out Bulldogs: In his first game against his old club since leaving last year, former Bulldogs captain and Sharks hooker Michael Ennis will be trying to make sure he spoils the party. His six try assists in three games spells danger for the Bulldogs as the Sharks defence has naturally started to revolve around the veteran rake.

Watch out Sharks: Belmore is sacred to the Bulldogs, and it's a home ground advantage they don't take lightly. The success of the Bulldogs' Round 16 clash there against the Storm will be sure to play on the Sharks' minds. Beginning with a bang against Melbourne, where they scored three tries in the first 13 minutes, the Sharks will need to take their defensive game up a peg or two.

Key Match-Up: Josh Jackson v Wade Graham – After playing arguably his best game of the season in his Man of the Match performance against Parramatta last weekend, Josh Jackson should be hungry for more. Coming up against one of the most formidable forward packs, including Wade Graham, Jackson will need to find some much-needed consistency in his game. Graham will prove a worthy challenger. Averaging 149 metres and 28.4 tackles per game this season, Graham continues to prove that life after Paul Gallen won't be bad.

The History: Played 86; Bulldogs 54, Sharks 30, Drawn 2. These two clubs haven't played at Belmore since Round 2 of the 1997 Super League season, before that it was in Round 2, 1994. On both occasions field goals from former Sharks half Mitch Healey proved the difference. In more recent times, the Bulldogs have won eight of their past nine games against Cronulla including a 42-4 thrashing in Round 2 last year.

What are the Odds: Sportsbet punters have identified the Sharks as over the odds and they’ve almost been as popular dollar-wise as hot favourites, the Bulldogs, in the head to head market. The Sharks have been backed at the line where they’re receiving the points start. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au

Match Officials: Referee: Gerard Sutton. Assistant Referee: David Munro. Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor and Rick MacFarlane. Video Referees: Bernard Sutton and Henry Perenara.

Televised: Channel Nine (Live) – 3:30pm

The Way We See It: With history, the home crowd and the sentiment on their side it's hard to go past the Bulldogs. With another sell out crowd expected, the Belmore faithful will be sure to cheer their team home over former captain Ennis and the Sharks. With a top four berth still possible, the Bulldogs should keep themselves grounded to nut out their second-straight win – Bulldogs by four points.

The Run Home: Bulldogs
The Run Home: Sharks

EMAIL PRINT
Recommended for you

NRL.com predicts: Where your team will finish

Ennis proud of daughter's godfather

Wests Tigers v Roosters preview

Panthers v Raiders preview

Warriors v Sea Eagles preview

Rabbitohs v Knights preview
Recommendations powered by plista

NRL State of Mind. What's your state of mind. #NRLStateOfMind. nrl.com/stateofmind

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the Bulldogs sitting at seventh on the Telstra Premiership ladder, and the Sharks just below them at eighth, this game could prove to be the game of the round with their finals hopes still very much in the air.
Last I checked the Dogs were sitting in sixth position. How are we meant to take these journalists serious if they can't at least the most obvious facts correct.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great. So we have drawn the short straw and have the wonderful Sutton brothers Gerard the infallible and 'Bernie" the video idiot.

I hope that the boys really put it to the Sharks this weekend, we have at least got into the positive on for and against and every single point we can score and also prevent will be vital. Just like the last Belmore game I am primed for a big performance from the boys.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last I checked the Dogs were sitting in sixth position. How are we meant to take these journalists serious if they can't at least the most obvious facts correct.
I reckon. They must've been very drunk writing this so called "article".

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great. So we have drawn the short straw and have the wonderful Sutton brothers Gerard the infallible and 'Bernie" the video idiot.

I hope that the boys really put it to the Sharks this weekend, we have at least got into the positive on for and against and every single point we can score and also prevent will be vital. Just like the last Belmore game I am primed for a big performance from the boys.
Two things that were obvious when Ennis was our dummy half was that there was rarely any go forward and he threw forward passes from that position. Bearing that in mind if the Bulldogs maintain an aggressive defence for the full 80 minutes we should win well.

Referee wise, maybe the brothers Sutton will think that the Bulldogs have "learned their lesson" after the South Sydney debacle and go easy on us. :flypig:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh god Gerard Sultton is ref and his brother Bernie is video ref.
How has this bloke still got a job ? it was proven he missed 19 offsides in SOO1

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Two things that were obvious when Ennis was our dummy half was that there was rarely any go forward and he threw forward passes from that position. Bearing that in mind if the Bulldogs maintain an aggressive defence for the full 80 minutes we should win well.

Referee wise, maybe the brothers Sutton will think that the Bulldogs have "learned their lesson" after the South Sydney debacle and go easy on us. :flypig:
Yep, oh and I agree with you about those little pink things that go oink and fly!

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone pointed this out to me.
'Jackson needs to find some much needed consistency in his game.'

WTF?!?!?!?!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think those brothers should be careful when issuing penalties in front of a large Bulldogs crowd.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well that's just delightful isn't it...

Both are as useless as Bruce Jenners dick.

doggiez03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just a general question. If i paid for both belmore games in my dogs membership do i have to call ticketek to sort the tickets out or am i too late?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
With that idiot Sutton the Dogs start 13 points behin, so the boys have to beat the Sharks and Sutton. Lets go back to the Souths game, Dogs were clearly the best team yet Sutton still managed to get Souths over the line and almost derail the Dogs season.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With that idiot Sutton the Dogs start 13 points behin, so the boys have to beat the Sharks and Sutton. Lets go back to the Souths game, Dogs were clearly the best team yet Sutton still managed to get Souths over the line and almost derail the Dogs season.
Yet one of our boys nearly became the next Alex McKinnon because of souffs dangerous plays

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well say goodbye to Belmore.

We're gonna end up repeat of the souths game, this time I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium chairs get ripped off and thrown at the refs.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why the f*** do we have that c*** Sutton every second game? Don't give me "it's a coincidence" bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.