Bulldogs vs Roosters pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roosters bomb to midget Thompson's wing, try roosters! Roosters bomb to midget Thompson's wing, try roosters!

Pretty basic game plan IMO and I can't wait to be proven wrong.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ASSASSIN;2747509[B said:
]Nothing against Thompson, but Inu should replace him on the wing, they have giraffes on the wings lol.[/B]

Also I think Maitua or Burr will replace Frankie.

Dogs 1-12, if we play like last week, 13+.
Yeah, if Inu is up to speed with his injury recovery and match fitness he could blitz them on the left wing. Thompson is a real goer but should be kept in the centres; he's a bazza under the high ball.

I'd like to see Lachlan Burr come in to replace Franky. His aggression is what is needed against the Roosters. He is a real in your face and get that up ya player.

I hope that weak c*** Napa is playing, I want Graham to break him in half.
But legally if possible.

There is no doubt about it, Napa is a thug. I think it was Sam Kasiano's cheek he smashed and didn't cop a penalty. But thuggery seems a bit hard to get away with these days. Shoulder charges, high shots and lifting above the horizontal all now bring suspensions. With was handed down to Jordan McLean and SBW just coming back from his holiday the Roosters might just be a bit more subdued than they normally are. But the bottom line is we need to raise the bar on how we went against the Storm. If we do that I reckon we will win the match.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet sbw gets injured this game and we win and they blame it on his injury lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, if Inu is up to speed with his injury recovery and match fitness he could blitz them on the left wing. Thompson is a real goer but should be kept in the centres; he's a bazza under the high ball.

I'd like to see Lachlan Burr come in to replace Franky. His aggression is what is needed against the Roosters. He is a real in your face and get that up ya player.

But legally if possible.

There is no doubt about it, Napa is a thug. I think it was Sam Kasiano's cheek he smashed and didn't cop a penalty. But thuggery seems a bit hard to get away with these days. Shoulder charges, high shots and lifting above the horizontal all now bring suspensions. With was handed down to Jordan McLean and SBW just coming back from his holiday the Roosters might just be a bit more subdued than they normally are. But the bottom line is we need to raise the bar on how we went against the Storm. If we do that I reckon we will win the match.
How I wish they unban the shoulder charge just for tomorrow night lol Graham v Napa and SBW v Barney would be worth admission alone.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roosters bomb to midget Thompson's wing, try roosters! Roosters bomb to midget Thompson's wing, try roosters!

Pretty basic game plan IMO and I can't wait to be proven wrong.
thats what we all feared going in against the storm, didn't work out like that, it won't this week either

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gday guys new here, it was really refreshing to see us play with sum depth last sat nite against the storm.We have a rep centre in morris who has been wasted with our flat attack, finally last week we got him early ball with deep play & as we all seen with his try very hard to stop wen we use him like that.lets pray we play like that 2moro nite. :grinning:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Gday guys new here, it was really refreshing to see us play with sum depth last sat nite against the storm.We have a rep centre in morris who has been wasted with our flat attack, finally last week we got him early ball with deep play & as we all seen with his try very hard to stop wen we use him like that.lets pray we play like that 2moro nite. :grinning:

I agree that Morris has been wasted, last year and the first 3 games of this year.

T Rex has also suffered from poor combinations with halves (granted he has also appeared lazy), but that all seems to be improving.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree, also i no its not always this easy but why dont we have morris defending on the wing defusing the high ball protecting young thompson?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree, also i no its not always this easy but why dont we have morris defending on the wing defusing the high ball protecting young thompson?

I would imagine the opposition's centres would go straight through Thompson if he were in the centres. Centres also have to defend against second rowers, like SBW.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good point, possibly just a 5th tackle option?i hold my breath with a short winger everytime the high ball goes up!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Good point, possibly just a 5th tackle option?i hold my breath with a short winger everytime the high ball goes up!

He does look vulnerable under contested chip kicks and bombs.

I would prefer a winger who was competent in this area, as opposed to switching players positions on the 5th tackle.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thompson has been good but im thinking either Inu or Brown to take his place once fit.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters haven't scored a try from a kick this year. Hopefully it continues

TheHawk

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would imagine the opposition's centres would go straight through Thompson if he were in the centres. Centres also have to defend against second rowers, like SBW.
Where do you get off critisising Thompson's defence? He's been a ****ing rock defensively, so I don't know where the **** you're pulling out this shit.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Ennis plays like last week we will win!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cant stand nappa hopefully klemmer puts him on his arse

Status
Not open for further replies.