Bulldogs vs Panthers - Trial 1 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Smith has AWFUL hands. From the nines to this, dreadful.
He literally only just came out of the rehab group. Hasn't played footy in like 6 months after compound fracturing both bones (tib and fib) in his lower leg. Same injury from memory that ended O'Hanlons career, so hardly surprised Reimis is shaky.

Just Blown Another One. Cleeland through, going to score...forward pass.
Genuine forward pass, or an NRL special "oh shit Bulldogs are going to score, time to blow a forward pass"?

TO me ... this all sounds positive... Frawley and Cleeland will pressure our halves too!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How long has it been since our nrl team won a game?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Abbey had a really strong game he set up the final try with a grubber and looked dangerous when he touched the ball.
The best we looked was in the final 20 of the first half but handling was again the problem I guess it's abit excusable with the ball being covered in sweat.
The second half was really just a NSW Cup game for both sides.
We got a lot of repeat sets and actually looked good with the ball.
The halves were even playing first receiver !
This is all second hand from someone at the ground.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought Zac Woolford was pretty sharp from dummy half, better passing game then Lichaa by a mile.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its only a trial but comparing lineups I thought 20+ Dogs

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland didn't play. Agree with most of the other points
Best I have seen Abbey play - he was good. Montoya, Reynolds, Jackson and Cleeland looked sharp. Kicking game in second half - was so much better than last year. Created chances but passing n catching was ordinary
Left side defence - Philips and Frawley was terrible as was the passing on that side of the field. Hopoate - ordinary at fullback ordinary in the centres Francis Tualau runs well but tacking is not his thing
A trial is a trial - only obvious injury was Philips - there was more attempted attack but they still cant catch and pass like you would expect a full time squad should. -

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland didn't play. Agree with most of the other points
Best I have seen Abbey play - he was good. Montoya, Reynolds, Jackson and Cleeland looked sharp. Kicking game in second half - was so much better than last year. Created chances but passing n catching was ordinary
Left side defence - Philips and Frawley was terrible as was the passing on that side of the field. Hopoate - ordinary at fullback ordinary in the centres Francis Tualau runs well but tacking is not his thing
A trial is a trial - only obvious injury was Philips - there was more attempted attack but they still cant catch and pass like you would expect a full time squad should. -
Abbey in my opinion is made for first grade. Problem is he inpatient in the lower grades. He has played well in both trials from last year and tonight. Hopefully he gets a crack soon.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am i missing something?

I havent read Tolman taking the 4th tackle settler?
Don't be silly, he's saving his magic for the season proper. We wouldn't want to let in the opposition on our pet play.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Abbey
5. Lee

that could work as Abbey would get used to first grade speed and even though his defence is a bit shaky we can only hope it improves if he is tested in first grade, and when Sunday can't play Abbey would take his spot and if he performs then fullback position would be his.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the idea of blooding Abbey into FG from the wing.. worked well with Scheck

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Abbey
5. Lee

that could work as Abbey would get used to first grade speed and even though his defence is a bit shaky we can only hope it improves if he is tested in first grade, and when Sunday can't play Abbey would take his spot and if he performs then fullback position would be his.
If his defence is shaky he's better off at fullback then centre. Centre is the hardest position to defend and he will get targeted.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
was at the game here is a run down; first half the team looked very ordinary Klemmer and jackson were the only decent players from the starting team , the second half had alot more postives Brad Abbey was absoutly outstanding as well as Josh Cleeland by far our two best , in the forwards Kasiano was good and played alot more minutes and Renof Too omaga was fantastic our best forward by far made about 4 powerful runs and a clean brake , Zac Woolford played the final 20 mins and started off with a sloppy pass but other than that was great created a line brake with a nice pass and got a repeat set with a nice grubber near the line , Was the best of the 3 hookers and Lichaa and Garvey were shocking as usall

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just spoke to someone at the ground
-Both Panthers early tries came through bad Phillips defence
-Remis Smith started at centre looked good replaced by Holland 20 mins in
-Looked better in the last 20 of the first half when Abbey came onto play fullback and Hoppa went to left centre. Abbey set a try up only for it to me dropped by Smith.
-Usual suspects have been out best Klem and Jacko. Reynolds has also looked sharp.
-Lichaa running more but no support
-Panthers really trying to slow the ruck down.
-Danny and Francis being found out in defence but looking good with the ball.
Ur being generous spoon man !!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
was at the game here is a run down; first half the team looked very ordinary Klemmer and jackson were the only decent players from the starting team , the second half had alot more postives Brad Abbey was absoutly outstanding as well as Josh Cleeland by far our two best , in the forwards Kasiano was good and played alot more minutes and Renof Too omaga was fantastic our best forward by far made about 4 powerful runs and a clean brake , Zac Woolford played the final 20 mins and started off with a sloppy pass but other than that was great created a line brake with a nice pass and got a repeat set with a nice grubber near the line , Was the best of the 3 hookers and Lichaa and Garvey were shocking as usall
100% agree
Renouf tuamaga should be in the 17 before that flog fualolo
Abbey should play fb regardless of his defence
He creates plenty out the back and has a very good kicking game
Jacko is a beast
Klemmer passes way too much already I hope that's not a sign of things to come
Kas is our only genuine points creator
Hope he stays inj free

Lichaa and Garvey are not even park Oztag level and I'm being kind I swear

Status
Not open for further replies.