Bulldogs veterans out door

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Best news in a long time. I love em both and they have served us well, but its time to go , especially for Ryan. He is too slow and the game has got really fast over the last 2 years. Patten can still cut it for another year I reckon.

We need some strong go forward Luke Odonell and Blair would work great. Hickey it too slow as well. the game isnt for big slow men any more, you need lean powerfull mobile players across the park who can get a quick play the ball and get to marker quickly after tackling.

My 2 c.
I agree both have served well and deserve nothing but total respect but i think the desire and hunger is not what it once was for these players at the bulldogs now especially Ryan....I Think Inglis would be a waste of money as we already have that position well and truly covered - would be imo better to spend up on 2 more big strong powerful fowards with my choice being Manu and Blair along with a half - what ever happened to the Beau Henery signing?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It will be a very sad day when these two guys leave :(
completely agree but its football. ryan has been ok without being great. patten is as always solid. i think in all honesty it would be a move for us to step into the future to some degree. with players from the storm available and dugan etc coming on the market likely we will at least have some options if barba fails at fullback and an option to fill the forward pack with some quality!

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it will be end of an era if the both go it would mean armit would be our longest serving player i would have stagg as captain over ennis
It will be a sad sad day to see them both go but Ennis should be captain we should have learnt our lesson with Ryan we need an outspoken captain who can make calls on the field Stagg would not do that only Ennis could.

MaxMannix

Waterboy
Reaction score
Best news in a long time. I love em both and they have served us well, but its time to go , especially for Ryan. He is too slow and the game has got really fast over the last 2 years. Patten can still cut it for another year I reckon.

We need some strong go forward Luke Odonell and Blair would work great. Hickey it too slow as well. the game isnt for big slow men any more, you need lean powerfull mobile players across the park who can get a quick play the ball and get to marker quickly after tackling.

My 2 c.
Too true. How many times do our boys make a tackle and sit on the ground because they aren't strong enough to dominate the tackle and get up in time to be marker.
Agree as well that Ryan and Pattern have done well for the Dogs over the years.
Ryan used to score tries by fending off players close to the line.
Patten has just been getting better and better as the years have gone on and is still one of the better fullbacks going around.
Unfortunately they have both peaked so it's only going to be downhill from here on. In Ryan's case he peaked 2 years ago.

This is a good thing for the Dogs. Hopefully we snag a powerful ball running 2nd rower and an organising half that takes on the line like Pearce or Cronk.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Good idea in my opinion. Let Ryan and Patten go, that will free up some 400-500 k salary cap space to my mind.

Dogs8teen

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You'd be stupid not to have a go at Inglis.

Next season is looking very interesting.

Thank you Storm.

freQishDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We'd be in a huge bidding war with parra, they've got the money for next year and are looking at Luke o donnel and cronk, or inglis as options.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
LMAO @ every player being linked to the Dogs.

Man, the Bulldogs have become prostitutes, whoring themselves with money. Oh dear, what have we become. Such a shame.

We used to nag, me included, about the Roosters buying anyone and everyone by throwing the chequebook at them. And we are now exactly the same. We throw ****load of $$$ on whoever and whatever, then we end up with duds. And repeat.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I had been hoping for this to happen. It's especially necessary for Ryan to pack his bags.

At the same time, it would be a very sad day for the club indeed. I fear that our players no longer understand the true meaning of being a Bulldog. The meaning of playing for the jersey. As much as it may benefit the pack on the field, it could mean players become egotistical, money-hungry and playing for the sake of contracts rather than the good of the club.

That aside, throw the damn chequebook at Cooper Cronk and send Kimmorley off to retirement.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'd be in a huge bidding war with parra, they've got the money for next year and are looking at Luke o donnel and cronk, or inglis as options.
Where did they get money from ? They released Mateo and Inu in order to be able to pay the current roster for next year I thought.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
LMAO @ every player being linked to the Dogs.

Man, the Bulldogs have become prostitutes, whoring themselves with money. Oh dear, what have we become. Such a shame.

We used to nag, me included, about the Roosters buying anyone and everyone by throwing the chequebook at them. And we are now exactly the same. We throw ****load of $$$ on whoever and whatever, then we end up with duds. And repeat.
That's the sad reality of what our club has become.

Loyalty has died, and we can't trust our own juniors to stay with us anymore. It was a sigh of relief when we re-signed Barba.

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
please leave. thank you for your service. but please leave.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
1: Barba
6: Inglis
7: Roberts

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
That's the sad reality of what our club has become.

Loyalty has died, and we can't trust our own juniors to stay with us anymore. It was a sigh of relief when we re-signed Barba.
Seriously, Greenberg has done a tremendous effort in restablishing community trust and faith in the Bulldogs brand. No-one can take that that way from him.

But who is held accountable for the recruitment whoring? Moore, recruitment officer, Greenberg? It has become very embarassing for true Bulldogs fans. There doesn't seem to be any criteria anymore to join the Dogs. FFS, they were going to pay $800k for Hodgkinson!!!!!! Are they ****ing insane??? The passion and pride in the Dogs jersey has all but evaporated.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Thats Rugby League mate. Loyalty is dead. Its all business.

Dogs8teen

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In this day and age you would be surprised if you didn't see such loyalty to the dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.