News Bulldogs v Sharks: Burns set for return; Fitzy to stick solid

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With half our team on the sideline, would be wise to keep the ball out of play as much as possible.Take the two when offered soaking up valuable time.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember some asshole on here jinxed the team last week with "hopefully no injuries in this game"

Mods, perma-ban for anyone who mentions the word.
I remember when all our forwards were dropping like flies someone said the 1-7 have not been injured…… nek minit we lose our 2 star backs in consecutive weeks :tired: and then to top it off averillo was scared too.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate losing to the sharks it’s disgusting that Ronaldo ****. Bring in Skelton his a must who cares we just need to try something

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think you're close but if Burton is goal kicker the score will be Sharks 54 d Dogs 4 to make a neat 50 point loss for us
I’m choosing glass half full.
So that means he’ll kick 2 not miss 1 :-).

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fantastic idea. let’s bring a player who not only has a history of being made of glass, but also is possibly not 100% recovered back into the side instead of a player from NSW cup that has neither of these two issues.
Again you can’t just bring in a NSW Cup player outside the 30 before round 11 that easy

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With half our team on the sideline, would be wise to keep the ball out of play as much as possible.Take the two when offered soaking up valuable time.
Great idea, Looking forward to the final score 50-2

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Again you can’t just bring in a NSW Cup player outside the 30 before round 11 that easy
I would think with all the injuries in the backline ( assuming that they would declare Burns injured) then we should have some exceptions for top 30. Casey and Skelton are already part of the top 30, Wilson is not and would need exception as I have already mentioned.

Another option who is already in the top 30 and playing in the centers last week is Hoffman (not my first choice but plenty to choose from that are healthy and ready to go)

Last edited:

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would be an idiot to play okunbor on the wing blind Freddy can see he is better in the middle and we are short of forwards aswell

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Okunbor starts on the wing add two tries, Casey/Alamoti edge will leak one or two. Parra are a top 8 team not a top 4 side, Sharks will capitalise on more than what Parra will or even South’s in a fair match, through I can’t recall what that is with modern day referees. Plan should be as simple as play with intensity, ideally slow the game kicks to corners, line speed and not leak all these additional tries yes we’re plagued with injuries but it’s a question of mentality and pride. King is a prime example, we can’t win the game but minimise the faults and dig in when you can, the final score line will reflect that. Mahoney has been overplaying his part, with Flanagan doing merely nothing Ciraldo has to organise that to the best he can.
I’ll say it right now going on and on making threads and complaining about Mahoney, Burton, Perham and have shots at half the side especially after the last two games is utterly mindless. Seeing people say throw the season we have nothing to play for, shuffling the side and writing us of despite the injury list, lacking a halfback and the numerous factors which are out of the teams control is piss poor. I’ll put my hand up and say I have a high standard, and so do many on here with expectation as it should be. But I firmly believe any side in the comp plagued with injuries with Flannagan as there halfback wouldnt cope much better. Put an experienced halfback alongside Burton, Critta at fullback with a full strength backline and foward pack and the difference is night and day.
Agreed mate, a lot to take into consideration with the injuries. If you take 10-11 players out of any squad, that being a mix of marquee players and solid FG players, and every team would struggle like us. You can even argue most teams take even less to struggle. It usually only takes 1 player (Turbo), maybe 2 (DCE) for Manly to start a slide for example.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He would be an idiot to play okunbor on the wing blind Freddy can see he is better in the middle and we are short of forwards aswell
Okunbor is best left right out. We will be at our strongest if Waddell is a reserve not an 80 min player.

Hopefully by the end of the season we can get all players on board and we can see a 1-17 at full strength for half a dozen or a dozen games to see what we will look like.

1 and 7 shouldn’t be there next year otherwise we going backwards.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good idea in theory, we don't get penalties often though

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spend all week on defense.
You gotta think we will get hammered but you just never know.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No Avo.....

1. Burns
2. Perham
3. Skelton
4. Alamoti
5. Casey

Fit Avo...

1. Avo
2. Skelton
3. Burns
4. Alamoti
5. Perham

Knockonmor has to be on the bench (yuck)

Not saying they won't get decked, but I think that's the "best" of the rest.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Chris Sutton ref so the NRL already not doing us any favours.