News Bulldogs v Sharks: Burns set for return; Fitzy to stick solid

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs will be desperate for a change of fortunes when they host the Sharks at Accor Stadium on Saturday.

Coming off heavy back-to-back losses and with injuries hitting hard, the Bulldogs will have their depth tested as well as their resolve when they face an enigmatic Cronulla side still searching for back-to-back wins.

With Jacob Kiraz's MCL injury and Viliame Kikau's training mishap the latest blows to hit the Bulldogs they'll need co-captains Reed Mahoney and Matt Burton and forward leader Tevita Pangai jnr to stand tall if they are to return to the winners' list.

The Sharks are 3-3 on the season after beating the Roosters for the first time in seven clashes on Friday and now look to build momentum on the back of playmaker Nicho Hynes, who has racked up five try assists and seven line break assists in his three appearances this year.

Team News
Bulldogs: The Bulldogs have been dealt huge blows with winger Jacob Kiraz and centre Jake Averillo suffering knee injuries on Sunday. The return of Braidon Burns will bring some relief to the depleted outside back stocks, but Declan Casey and Jeral Skelton could be called up for their first game of the season. Forward Andrew Davey (finger) also faces time on the sideline which puts young prop Kitione Kautoga or Reece Hoffman in the mix.

Sharks: Coach Craig Fitzgibbon had no injury concerns after the Round 7 victory and will have the luxury of naming the same 17 if he chooses. With Toby Rudolf (foot) and Dale Finucane (suspension) still sidelined, Tom Hazelton should retain his spot on the interchange bench.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Okunbor starts on the wing add two tries, Casey/Alamoti edge will leak one or two. Parra are a top 8 team not a top 4 side, Sharks will capitalise on more than what Parra will or even South’s in a fair match, through I can’t recall what that is with modern day referees. Plan should be as simple as play with intensity, ideally slow the game kicks to corners, line speed and not leak all these additional tries yes we’re plagued with injuries but it’s a question of mentality and pride. King is a prime example, we can’t win the game but minimise the faults and dig in when you can, the final score line will reflect that. Mahoney has been overplaying his part, with Flanagan doing merely nothing Ciraldo has to organise that to the best he can.
I’ll say it right now going on and on making threads and complaining about Mahoney, Burton, Perham and have shots at half the side especially after the last two games is utterly mindless. Seeing people say throw the season we have nothing to play for, shuffling the side and writing us of despite the injury list, lacking a halfback and the numerous factors which are out of the teams control is piss poor. I’ll put my hand up and say I have a high standard, and so do many on here with expectation as it should be. But I firmly believe any side in the comp plagued with injuries with Flannagan as there halfback wouldnt cope much better. Put an experienced halfback alongside Burton, Critta at fullback with a full strength backline and foward pack and the difference is night and day.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks 54
Bulldogs 6

and if Okunbor is anywhere near the backline, could go beyond that.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hynes is gonna tear us a new asshole tryna prove he should be picked for origin. Zero hope for this game

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic idea. let’s bring a player who not only has a history of being made of glass, but also is possibly not 100% recovered back into the side instead of a player from NSW cup that has neither of these two issues.
Who are you saying is made of glass? JAC?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Sharks 54
Bulldogs 6

and if Okunbor is anywhere near the backline, could go beyond that.
I think you're close but if Burton is goal kicker the score will be Sharks 54 d Dogs 4 to make a neat 50 point loss for us