Bulldogs Trial Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was wrooo.....nnj..

1)Lichaa was actually very good ,running the ball from dummy half, setting up the Eastwood try
2)Josh Jackson didn't compromise his ability for captaincy like Graham did.
3)not sure about Mbye though but played better than I thought..

But.. We still didn't score many tries like I expected ..

What's your opinion, who stood out?
How do you think our season will go after watching the trial?

A

Alexander the Great

I was wrooo.....nnj..

1)Lichaa was actually very good ,running the ball from dummy half, setting up the Eastwood try

We win the grand final no doubt..

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
-Foran looked great organising and looked HAPPY with the boys which is the big thing with the lad
-Lichaa played great expecting big things from him this year
-Eastwood played great happy he's back
-Worrying about no one standing up for that other halves spot.
-Everyone (bar a couple) looked lean and quick, especially the Morris bros which is great
-Last but not least! How FUCKING GOOD IS IT NOT HAVING TOLMAN GET THE BALL ON THE FOURTH

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
-Foran looked great organising and looked HAPPY with the boys which is the big thing with the lad
-Lichaa played great expecting big things from him this year
-Eastwood played great happy he's back
-Worrying about no one standing up for that other halves spot.
-Everyone (bar a couple) looked lean and quick, especially the Morris bros which is great
-Last but not least! How FUCKING GOOD IS IT NOT HAVING TOLMAN GET THE BALL ON THE FOURTH
Watched the game from Thailand
Agree with everything Pay has implemented
John Olive looked sharp , Ogden good,
Very impressed with Marshall King. I have been calling for Cleeland for a long time but unfortunately he should not play NRL this year Burr went ok the rest went ok but are not really going to have a major impact in NRL. Just as I expected Nu Brown more rocks than diamonds but did show sme spark. Mbye will be good this year showed some good touches and will only get better. Still have terrible last tackle kicking options.
Overall like the changes no Tolman and Graham on 4th tackle refreshing

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps someone watching from the ground may have seen some of the 2nd string players in the 2 nd half who could be useful, couldn't tell much watching on the laptop.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Was at the game with great seats. The Dally M points go to;

3. Jackson - had a massive dig
2. Klemmer - ultimate pro, got thru his work
1. Foran - had great on field presence, barked orders, made good decisions

Lichaa next best

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps someone watching from the ground may have seen some of the 2nd string players in the 2 nd half who could be useful, couldn't tell much watching on the laptop.
I had a great view of the game from grandstand, not a lot to get excited about with the second tier players. Marshall King had some nice skills and young Jayden Okunbor tackled and ran well, looked fit and held his own, plenty of upside in him.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the game Marshall King didn’t seem as great as everyone here is saying. Took the wrong option a few times and his kicking game was sub par. All the halves to go with Foran are dead set lucky to be called average.

Great to see Lichaa’s running game, and that pass to Eastwood was a beauty. He does however need to work on that delivery still.

RFM was a standout to me that nobody seems to be mentioning here. He looked great out there today and a few people around me were commenting on him.

Good to see Foran testing his body a few times. Other than Lichaa running the ball more, it still felt like Des Ball.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the first team went ok, but the standout player for me was Tolman!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FULL REVIEW OF TEAM.. Watched entire thing at full HD streamed online.

Largely different attack but combos still need forming. That'll come as the players get Desball outta there system.

BLUE PLAYERS PLAYED FIRST HALF ONLY
ORANGE PLAYERS PLAYED A BIT OF BOTH HALVES
GREEN PLAYERS PLAYED SECOND HALF ONLY

1. Moses Mbye - Fairly quiet game. Injected in attack a few times but was never really tested much under high ball.
2. Brett Morris - A few darts across field shows the pace is still there. Kept Rapana out of the game well.
3. Josh Morris - Made a break at one point and had Mbye not been a metre in front was a certain try.
4. William Hopoate - Got involved a bit, but nothing stand out.
5. Marcelo Montoya - Didn't see mcuh ball, but shut down Cotric and kept him quiet.
6. Matt Frawley - Not the answer in the halves. Tried but couldn't find his feet and made a few wrong calls and shocking kicks.
7. Kieran Foran - Looks very promising. Took control, made a few nice overlaps, and put a few players through holes. Kicking is decent too.

8. Lachlan Burr - Has some pace, didn't notice him much out there but was primary prop in second half. Could be up for a bench spot.
9. Michael Lichaa - Brilliant game. Scored a try, setup another, and solid in defence. VERY impressive.
10. David Klemmer - Solid as always. Decent performance, kept Raiders big men contained, and still firey as ever.
11. Josh Jackson - Captain Jackson and Foran are going to cause some headaches this season. Nice combination developing already.
12. Raymond Faitala- Mariner - Bigger, Stronger, better. Decent game by RFM and he's only going to get better.
13. Danny Fualalo - Solid performance by Danny. Could be bench interchange lock for Eastwood I reckon.

14. Jack Nelson - Made some good metres, and held his own.
15. Greg Eastwood - For a bloke that just had surgery, ran a beauty of a line and scored a try. Could the Beast be in for a big season? Lets hope so!
16. Adam Elliott - Sinbinned for getting pushed and falling over was his highlight. Didn't see much of him.

17. Jeremy Marshall-King - Very promising player. Threw a cracker of a ball for match winning try. Versatile too (hooker/fullback/halves). Definite smokey for the halves spot.

19. Francis Tualau - Very solid game. Bent the line with every hitup.
20. Tom Carr - Fairly quiet in second half, but made a few nice metres from ruck.
21. Josh Cleeland - Disappointing. Failed to inject himself into the game much. Decent in defence and kicks were ok.
22. Jarred Anderson - Didn't see much of him as he was parked out in the centres alongside Carr.
23. Asipeli Fine - Didn't see much ball. Played inside of Okonbour.
24. Josh Bergamin - Go involved in the game in a few places. Made a nice break and scored the winning try. One to watch.

25. Lachlan Lewis - DID NOT PLAY
26. Kerrod Holland - Barely sighted in the game.
27. Zac Woolford - DID NOT PLAY
28. Rhyse Martin - Carted the ball up a few times, but wasn't sighted much.
29. Jayden Okunbor - A few nice touches and will get better with game time. Played centre inside Bergamin.

30. Ofahiki Ogden - Big, strong, made some big metres in second half. Smokey for a bench spot.
31. Renouf To'omaga - Not sighted much at all.
32. John Olive - Not sure he played.
33. Fa'amanu Brown - Disappointing. Bad defensive miss for one try, not many kicks. Looks better either at hooker, or maybe even in centres.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are all the Tolman lovers? Does anyone still want him to start at lock instead of Danny F. RFM and Danny F will be household names by years end. They will complement Jackson Klemmer and Woods very nicely. Are starting pack is gun. Im not to fussed about the bench as these 5 starters will play most of the mins.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Where are all the Tolman lovers? Does anyone still want him to start at lock instead of Danny F. RFM and Danny F will be household names by years end. They will complement Jackson Klemmer and Woods very nicely. Are starting pack is gun. Im not to fussed about the bench as these 5 starters will play most of the mins.
I'm not a Tolman hater (as opposed to being a lover) and I think he has a role in the team. Our back three went OK last night but there wasn't an awful lot thrown at them. Assuming Tolman is fit I would expect him to play next weekend so perhaps we will see. I also am one of the ones who thought Eastwood could get a new lease of life with Des gone. He didn't go too bad did he given he was a month behind everyone else in fitness.

Reactions: DT

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was wrooo.....nnj..

It was a game of 2 halves

First grade
Then reggies

I was happy with the first half

The second half was ok
But showed the difference in class between first grade and 2nd grade m

Cleeland was rubbish
His kicking game was rubbish

Frawley is unfortunately the better first grade choice

Hope the young knights kid will be first grade ready by the time he arrives next season

I preferred our style of play a lot more

I not expecting miracles or better results on the scoreboard this year
But am excited about a more positive game plan

Onwards and upwards for the bulldogs now Dib and Des are gone

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah our starting pack is good. Fualalo had a great half and RFM was standing in tackles with ease.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
C
I Was at the game with great seats. The Dally M points go to;

3. Jackson - had a massive dig
2. Klemmer - ultimate pro, got thru his work
1. Foran - had great on field presence, barked orders, made good decisions

Lichaa next best
Cheers snake . I missed it all as I'm OS...Nice to have someone on the ground ...

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not a Tolman hater (as opposed to being a lover) and I think he has a role in the team. Our back three went OK last night but there wasn't an awful lot thrown at them. Assuming Tolman is fit I would expect him to play next weekend so perhaps we will see. I also am one of the ones who thought Eastwood could get a new lease of life with Des gone. He didn't go too bad did he given he was a month behind everyone else in fitness.
I agree, I am not a Tolman hater but he is not my favourite player. I believe he is basicly a defensive forward with a big motor. So with a balanced forward pack in mind I think he still has a place in the team. Not so important against the lessor sides but against the better sides he will be important. Pay just needs to tell him to not keep lining up for hit ups where he gets knocked over by everybody.
Also I am reading posters writing off most of the potiential partners for foran but yesterday's game was just a forward battle. The refs had more involvement than the back line.
For me we need another more flowing game to get a better gauge. If I had to pick some one I would say Cleeland. I think he tried to hard to impress and missed the mark. He just needs to settle it down a bit. He was trying to do too much every time he toughed to ball. I agree with the thought that no one is standing out as the man to pick at the moment.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah our starting pack is good. Fualalo had a great half and RFM was standing in tackles with ease.
Tolman off the bench might be ok. But my question was does anyone still want him to start at lock instead of fulolao.

Status
Not open for further replies.