Other News Source Bulldogs to try lure Brisbane hooker Jake Turpin to Belmore

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*tosses his Mineral Turpintime banner in the bin*

2020 might be the breakout year for JMK or Lichaa.

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck me :(
Appears the board fucked this one up!
No Turpin for 20!

Banned
Reaction score
*tosses his Mineral Turpintime banner in the bin*

2020 might be the breakout year for JMK or Lichaa.
Either that, or we offer a contract to some here, what with their self imposed god like status, we're set :P

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what more they could have done? They offered him more money and a longer length contract.
mustn't have been to good a deal if he turned it down to stay in brisbane, dogs probably offered just over what hes on now and thought he would jump at the chance to be coached by dean pay

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
mustn't have been to good a deal if he turned it down to stay in brisbane, dogs probably offered just over what hes on now and thought he would jump at the chance to be coached by dean pay
I’m not sure on the money but the articles have said we offered a 3 year deal to Brisbane’s 1 year. I think we would have had to Pay big overs to get him away from his home town and I’m not sure he’s worth overs.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Seibold on radio yesterday saying Turpin is one of his favourites and he will staying.

Not a big loss imo.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because we need a hooker. And hookers generally get jizzed all over.
We needed to sign one of the Braileys or Robson. Nobody else is really a must have and we need to make sure we don’t make any more knee jerk reaction signings. Napa is the perfect example of if we had been more patient, we would have been able to make a better signing.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s the deal with Matt Parcell playing for Hull KR?
I know a few people here rated him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What’s the deal with Matt Parcell playing for Hull KR?
I know a few people here rated him
He was traded/loaned to Hull KR in exchange for some S.Lunt I think. This was around the same time we let Martin go... which begs the question why didn't we propose a trade? Parcell isn't the greatest, but he's better than what we have

Banned
Reaction score
He was traded/loaned to Hull KR in exchange for some S.Lunt I think. This was around the same time we let Martin go... which begs the question why didn't we propose a trade? Parcell isn't the greatest, but he's better than what we have
Obvious guess is due to a shit board.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Officially gone, close thread...

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/08/06/jake-locks-in-with-the-broncos/

The Broncos have nailed down another stake in the club’s future with the signing of young hooker Jake Turpin.

Turpin has signed a three-year deal with the Broncos, that includes options in the players’ favour in years two and three.

It is a just reward for the 22-year-old Queensland product, who hails from Haigslea, just west of Ipswich.

Turpin has had a breakthrough season in 2019, playing strongly at both hooker and in the halves in 13 NRL matches.

He has scored two tries, including the match winner over the Cronulla Sharks last month.

Broncos’ chief executive Paul White said the Ipswich Brothers’ junior had earned his new deal.

“We are very pleased to have locked Jake up as he had attracted plenty of interest from elsewhere,” said White.

“Jake has shown everyone the talent he has and the progression he has made this season.

“The Broncos are excited to sign him to this contract and look forward to watching him develop further in the coming years.”

Turpin said he was excited to have cemented his future as the Broncos try to make a run for the NRL finals.

“I am very happy to have signed this contract to stay with the Broncos,” he said.

I am a Queenslander and this allows me to stay close to family and friends while playing for such a wonderful club.

Jake Turpin
“My aim now is to work hard over the next five weeks to ensure the team has its best shot at the NRL finals.”

That run will begin with Thursday's XXXX Derby against the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville.