Bulldogs Team Selection Round 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well Des has done it to us again. Is he effectively conceding the Manly game to make a statement to the NRL that the Dogs have been inconvenienced big time this year with SOO. So its not HIS fault or responsibility to come up with a roster and gameplan to challenge Manly this week?

I mean I realise they have just come off a good win against the Rorters so what hope do we have without both our halves. Im talking about again picking Ennis as our half and I believe Jackson at 5/8 if Im not mistaken. Why not give Templeman a go or Cook and have Reni at 5/8 to start the game. Wouldnt it be a good time to blood a player. Im not finished but I throw it out there that Des is throwing a temper tantrum by picking the same halves combination that failed miserably last time, and which has also weekened 2 of our reasonably strong positions in right running forward and dummy half to-boot. Comments please?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well Des has done it to us again. Is he effectively conceding the Manly game to make a statement to the NRL that the Dogs have been inconvenienced big time this year with SOO. So its not HIS fault or responsibility to come up with a roster and gameplan to challenge Manly this week?

I mean I realise they have just come off a good win against the Rorters so what hope do we have without both our halves. Im talking about again picking Ennis as our half and I believe Jackson at 5/8 if Im not mistaken. Why not give Templeman a go or Cook and have Reni at 5/8 to start the game. Wouldnt it be a good time to blood a player. Im not finished but I throw it out there that Des is throwing a temper tantrum by picking the same halves combination that failed miserably last time, and which has also weekened 2 of our reasonably strong positions in right running forward and dummy half to-boot. Comments please?
I banking on a few late changes. Finucane to the bench, Eastwood to lock, Jackson to 11 and Maitua to 6 and Ennis to 9 and Cook to be dropped for Mybe's late inclusion.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay so help me understand this...

Des wants to put our entire season in jeopardy to prove a point about Origin? Because if we lose by a margin to Manly we slide right down to the bottom half of the top 8.

Sorry but I think you've missed he mark badly.

Injuries + Origin just means we are down on troops, and you don't blood new players in games that you really need to win.

It's that simple.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hear there's a good player in the under 12s, why don't we take this chance to blood him at fullback?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay so help me understand this...

Des wants to put our entire season in jeopardy to prove a point about Origin? Because if we lose by a margin to Manly we slide right down to the bottom half of the top 8.

Sorry but I think you've missed he mark badly.

Injuries + Origin just means we are down on troops, and you don't blood new players in games that you really need to win.

It's that simple.
Sorry. I didnt realise you were out of the country and didnt see our performance against the Eels with Ennis at half and Cook at Hooker and Jackson at 5/8. Because if you did you would have seen that such a spine was absolutely useless. If you did see that game and how we couldnt control the game at all until Reni came on, then youd say..Hey why dont we try another combination.

Theres no prizes or kudos for trying the same thing that failed miserably before. In fact Im sure most supporters would applaud Des for working on another game plan with different players in the key positions and let Ennis and Jackson play in their usual positions.

Unfort. I can see a massive Manly win but I will be out there as usual supporting our boys even if our coach is not helping at all.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's been pretty poor of the club to not sign a backup Halback either during off-season or before June 30th. What happens going forward now if Hodkinson gets injured? We'd be absolutely stuffed.

Mbye is great and all, but he is not a Halfback.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's been pretty poor of the club to not sign a backup Halback either during off-season or before June 30th. What happens going forward now if Hodkinson gets injured? We'd be absolutely stuffed.

Mbye is great and all, but he is not a Halfback.
He killed it in the trials at halfback i actually think thats his position

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hear there's a good player in the under 12s, why don't we take this chance to blood him at fullback?
Did I suggest we blood someone outside our extended FG squad? No. Lets engage the brain before we engage the typewriter eh champ. Read my post again. Did I talk about fullback? No. But in Reni and Templeman we have players accustomed to playing half and 5/8 you rocket scientist, which will allow Ennis and Jackson to be effective in their usual positions. Im sorry that your brain hurts so much. Take care ok. Maybe 1 too many knocks. Better give this posting caper away, your only an embarrassment to yourself and your family.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did I suggest we blood someone outside our extended FG squad? No. Lets engage the brain before we engage the typewriter eh champ. Read my post again. Did I talk about fullback? No. But in Reni and Templeman we have players accustomed to playing half and 5/8 you rocket scientist, which will allow Ennis and Jackson to be effective in their usual positions. Im sorry that your brain hurts so much. Take care ok. Maybe 1 too many knocks. Better give this posting caper away, your only an embarrassment to yourself and your family.
It's a joke, calm the F ullback down.

1) I too think we should bring in one of the NSW Cup halfbacks. I know they have struggled in NSW Cup but they have to be a better option than Ennis

2) Before you act like a douche and bad mouth my posting/typing skills, realise that you have started a discussion about the Bulldogs team in the Rugby League General section (the non-Bulldogs discussion section), not the Bulldogs section of the Bulldogs forums. If you need directions to the correct section I can gladly show you in the simplest way possible

abzsalam

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's not the starting side it'll be changed

Status
Not open for further replies.