bulldogs supporters (thanks to media)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm only half Lebo but I find it offensive. If it was in private fair enough, but this chick has said it in her own workplace to a customer which is downright unprofessional and idiotic.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I found this info on wikipedia interesting, which was sourced membership info on the official Bulldogs website;

"The Bulldogs are the most supported NRL club in regional NSW - over 25% of Bulldog fans are located in regional NSW, over 25% are located outside of NSW and over 10% are located in QLD"

B

BoonReturns

As a non lebo I find it pretty racist to be honest.....referring to Lebanese fans as a "pack" is playing on the whole media stereotype and it definitely indicates she doesn't think much of "bloody lebos" ....

Anyway, I don't want to argue about what constitutes racism.... That's just how I felt when reading it.

Glad it doesn't bother you and you can laugh it off though man!
It's not racism to condemn a person because of their country of origin. That is classified as bigotry.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow I'd be making a formal complaint about this staff member. Bunnings would not tolerate this racist bullshit.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As a non lebo I find it pretty racist to be honest.....referring to Lebanese fans as a "pack" is playing on the whole media stereotype and it definitely indicates she doesn't think much of "bloody lebos" ....

Anyway, I don't want to argue about what constitutes racism.... That's just how I felt when reading it.

Glad it doesn't bother you and you can laugh it off though man!
I'm only half Lebo but I find it offensive. If it was in private fair enough, but this chick has said it in her own workplace to a customer which is downright unprofessional and idiotic.
Haha all good guys, after being born and living in Western Sydney all my life there are some things which are meant to be racist but don't even have meaning to some us anymore because we got use to it or that it is true. Being called a pack of Lebos to me is alright and just means a group of Lebs, we Lebos ride together so we die togeth... nah we split when trouble is abound lol!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why is "Lebbo" ok and "Abbo" isn't?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest it doesn't seem to have bothered you at all because your having a bit of a giggle about it she sounds like a racist red neck and one that is branding all bulldogs and lebanese people for that matter trouble makers.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just hate the double standards.
The age old thing, it's only racist if delivered by a white person,
It's just the way it is,
Can't blame blacks for being over sensitive about racism really when you take a look back at history,

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because calling somebody Abbo is referring to their race. Lebbo is referring to their country of origin. One is racist the other is simply bigotry.
What? Lebanese is a race isnt it?

If Abbo is racist then so is Lebbo.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest it doesn't seem to have bothered you at all because your having a bit of a giggle about it she sounds like a racist red neck and one that is branding all bulldogs and lebanese people for that matter trouble makers.
Haha its fine for me, if it had bothered me on the day I would of told her something racist back as a joke or told her to suck my dick.

What? Lebanese is a race isnt it?

If Abbo is racist then so is Lebbo.
LOL that sounds so silly doesn't it ey, I think he might be referring to how blokes who are born here are called Lebos when they are actually Australian.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I call Bull Sh&^ on this post, you've been asked how many times now which store it was and your still yet to respond with an answer.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I call Bull Sh&^ on this post, you've been asked how many times now which store it was and your still yet to respond with an answer.
Maybe he doesn't people from here to make a complaint over it or what not?

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
As a Caucasian from the area I really despise the general Anglo attitude toward Lebanese people in Australia. It's racist, backward and narrow minded. Let's be honest, some of the attitudes didn't come from thin air, there has been times where there's been obvious culture clashes but assimilation takes time and I think big strides have been made - just not recognised unfortunately.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a caucasian, who grew up in Bathurst NSW.

During the 1995 grand final, I was 7 years old. I remember drawing up a series of Bulldogs posters, and put them up in my front windows for the grand final day. When I was out front, admiring my work, my neighbour said to me "don't put too many up, everyone will think you're wogs".

I had no idea what this mean't at the time, and it was only in latter years that I began to learn of the Bulldogs stereotype.

I was lucky enough to play juniors in a diverse team, with players like George Rose (with Indigenous heritage), and Robbie Farah's cousin (Lebanese heritage), so I was able to learn early on that everyone is just the same once you look past stereotypes.

The people who are fearful of other races or cultures, often never even have anything do with those they are critical of.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a caucasian, who grew up in Bathurst NSW.

During the 1995 grand final, I was 7 years old. I remember drawing up a series of Bulldogs posters, and put them up in my front windows for the grand final day. When I was out front, admiring my work, my neighbour said to me "don't put too many up, everyone will think you're wogs".

I had no idea what this mean't at the time, and it was only in latter years that I began to learn of the Bulldogs stereotype.

I was lucky enough to play juniors in a diverse team, with players like George Rose (with Indigenous heritage), and Robbie Farah's cousin (Lebanese heritage), so I was able to learn early on that everyone is just the same once you look past stereotypes.

The people who are fearful of other races or cultures, often never even have anything do with those they are critical of.
haha small world indeed - I was also around that age living in Bathurst, we might of even went to school together! lol! my pop went for the Penny Panthers so the whole household did but I went for the Dogs another brother for the Bears and another for the Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.