News Bulldogs star Nick Cotric’s season over after training injury

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kind of makes releasing DWZ look fucking dumb now. So over this club. Fucks sake we’re run like an under 10s team.
By releasing DWZ we saved $400K for next year and got him off our books. Even with this injury it was the right thing to do. DWZ can easily be replaced by whoever the winger is in NSW Cup or Jersey Flegg even

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kind of makes releasing DWZ look fucking dumb now. So over this club. Fucks sake we’re run like an under 10s team.
I get your frustration... From what I understand it helps with the cap next year.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"The Bulldogs medical team will help Cotric rehabilitate the injury over the next month before determining a date for surgery".

I don't get why you would rehabilitate the injury for a month when it needs surgery ? Why not just do the surgery ASAP ? Is there a ban on surgery at the moment in Aust ?
They cant operate while the toe is inflamed delicate surgery often the case with small area surgery

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Season ending injuries in a poor season open up opportunities for players who would normally not be given a go. A club really doesn't know the extent of their depth of players until they use those players in 1st grade. Some will come up trumps, some won't.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
In a way its a silver lining in his career playing in a shitty atm, will be better with a good offseason along with the new recruits to start off on a new page.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Season ending injuries in a poor season open up opportunities for players who would normally not be given a go. A club really doesn't know the extent of their depth of players until they use those players in 1st grade. Some will come up trumps, some won't.
Totally agree.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I stopped reading at star
Was never a suitable recruit
Will never be a fg level centre
Definitely not worth the 650 he’s on
Could’ve kept Morgan Harper for 200k
Thanks mr pay

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric gone for season. Prob better off stop playing recover and come back next year with a proper team we hope

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So effectively from this weeks team compared to next year round 1 we could have JAC, Naden, cotric, okunbor and burton ( not in any order ) we need 2022 to come badly

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So effectively from this weeks team compared to next year round 1 we could have JAC, Naden, cotric, okunbor and burton ( not in any order ) we need 2022 to come badly
They're all backs and that's the problem.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talk about being hot with the unlucky stick

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped reading at star
Was never a suitable recruit
Will never be a fg level centre
Definitely not worth the 650 he’s on
Could’ve kept Morgan Harper for 200k
Thanks mr pay
do you honestly Think Harper would have played as well as he is if He was here instead .you would think he was another plodder
unless the team is going well all young players introduced will look shit