Bulldogs stalwart Greg Eastwood hoping with all his heart for new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
His long service dispensation started in 2018.
He re-arrived to Belmore in 2011. Like I said I think this is Des reasoning for the heavy backending.

From my understanding, the salary cap in essence gets a slightly higher pool to work with.
Teams can get the dispensation from one player, and use it elsewhere. Years of reading about the cap is why I know this.

If Eastwood plays at 150. Essentially hes a free player. He doesnt get the extra money, that can be reinvested to a younger player or to top up a superstar. Which makes sense.

Eastwood gets a new contract despite being used goods and the club is rewarded for keeping him round, in a way that doesnt diminish the pipeline.
Long service is after 8 years continuous in the NRL. This is his 8th year so it hasn't started, but perhaps you should have spent more time re-reading the cap because the $200k allowance is a total allowance for the club no matter how many players have achieved it and we already have JMoz. There is no chance Eastwood would be insulted by offering him $150k. He is a $300k min player.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry beast your time is up at the dogs.. I wish you the best and hope you can have a cracker year reminding us why we loved you whilst you were employed here.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think the club should say to any player looking for a new contract 2019 that their form will dictate if they get one and a decision will be made towards the end of the year. About time these guys should show something. I love Beastwood and always have but I'm thinking 250k tops....depending upon this cap talk. Let's face it, he will play 20-30 minutes tops so value for money comes into play.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
100,000 per season based on the minutes you play per game.

10 minutes = $100,000
40 minutes = $400,000
80 minutes = $800,000

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WE are amazing,
One week we want him extinct
One week we want him re-signed
Another week we want to build a statue for him at Belmore LOL
As long as he signs for a weekly KFC family deal as a contract :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have no cap space and he has no impact on the team this year.

I dont think you sign him for even 200k. Eastwood will have retired once this team is contending again, it's better to spend the time and money on someone not so old who doesn't have a heart condition and is on massive overs. The team needs to think about the future and start giving minutes to players who are going to be around when we're relevant again.

It's time to move on and start building the team Pay wants.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think an honest story would have said that his $800k salary was back-ended, which makes it ludicrous to ask for the same money. More media crap.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club should be loyal to him and keep him involved in the club post retirement hes been very loyal to the club

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
as others have said, happy for him to stay on minimum wage as depth, but its time to concentrate on youth ..
Sit on the fence reply.....I am sorry to say, the sooner he departs or retires the better for the club moving forward.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sit on the fence reply.....I am sorry to say, the sooner he departs or retires the better for the club moving forward.
I'm really not interested in your thoughts tbh ..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I appreciate what he's done for the club but the club needs to be put first. Fact is he would probably still be in the lower grades if Tolman wasn't injured.

Being loyal to older and long serving players won't get you a premiership. Getting $300 or $400k in another job would be impossible for Greg that's why he wants to stay. Sorry to say but its time to move on.

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 year deal I don't think 100k is what he's worth he's one of the most skilful forwards the runs he makes I dno wether to laugh or cheer always seems to get through solid in defence needs to stay atleast another year as for price were already fucked thanks to dez and his back ended deals that carry on past this season 200-300k but I do think the warriors will snap him up for 500-600k

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Eastwood would mind getting a pay cut to stay at the club. 250- 300k is still a decent salary. Getting paid more than most CEOs..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Eastwood would mind getting a pay cut to stay at the club. 250- 300k is still a decent salary. Getting paid more than most CEOs..
And with respect to Greg, he's probably not CEO material :grinning:

$250K is pretty good money for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.