1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Official Bulldogs squad ready to unleash in Perth at NRL Nines

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Bigmous, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Novocastrian

Novocastrian Kennel Regular

That young BBO fella sounds pretty mature for his age. Sounds a bit like Thurston too.
    For someone who hasn’t watched him is he the goods?
    Him and wakeham as future halves partners. A couple of years ago there was another young half we had that had massive raps on him then he fell off the face of the earth. Cant remember his name but

2. Mitch Connor

Mitch Connor Super Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Super Moderator Staff Member

BBO only came over from Parra this year so I’m not sure too many know what he’s like. Hopefully we get a good look this weekend.

I think you’re thinking of Will Kerr he had massive wraps but through the towel in on his career to travel.

4. Novocastrian

Novocastrian Kennel Regular

H
    Hopefully BBO has a big weekend.

Thats him Will Kerr. Was wondering where he went. Cant blame a young dude wanting to travel but from all reports if he kept going he would be earning good money here

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KLil

KLil Kennel Immortal

6. Spoonman84

It would be awesome if we had a unknown player like BBO jump of the ground and kill it. We haven’t had it happen in years.

Kerr is back playing for Camden now maybe his heart wasn’t in it.

7. AlzzBulldog

AlzzBulldog Kennel Enthusiast

Is Andrew Ryan really playing lol

8. KLil

KLil Kennel Immortal

Hold on... just realised we don't play the Dragons in the pool stages? How the hell do they determine who finishes top of the group if you don't play everyone? That's just stupid!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KiwiDog7

KiwiDog7 Kennel Immortal

Be interesting to see if Holland jumps into hooker during 9s

Only two games so I guess some won’t even get a run

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spoonman84

The results of your two games then for and against. It’s even more of a Mickey Mouse comp then it previously was.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JUNKYARD DOGS

JUNKYARD DOGS Kennel Immortal

Not a bad looking squad. But if pace

12. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Super Moderator Staff Member

I dont mind the squad mobile and a bit of speed

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dogggy

Dogggy Kennel Enthusiast

I also think along the same lines of having a junior go through our system then going on to become a real champion.
    Then staying on for years on end.
    It could end up happening with our clubs new approach to junior development
    We seem to have a few in the wings at the moment
    Let’s hope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MatstaDogg

MatstaDogg The Bearded Baker Premium Member

Just another money grab by the NRL. It's a farce just like the All Stars game. Just go back to trial games as the competition is more important then some novelty games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GDR

GDR Super Moderator Staff Member Gilded x2 Premium Member

It will be nice just to watch some footy again.. that's good enough for me..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence Premium Member

Hope the new hooker stands up, why would you leave a player out in case he gets injured?
    If he is made of plastic he will break in NRL anyway.

17. Jackson_1994

Jackson_1994 Kennel Regular

Jmk in doubt for round 1 that would only leave us with 1 out and out hooker in the whole squad not worth risking him with injuries in a tournament that don't mean a hell of alot

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Alan79

Alan79 Kennel Immortal

If it's just him left due to depth issues I don't blame the club for wrapping him in cotton wool by excluding him from a nothing tournament.

Absolutely the right call in my opinion. I don't want to be without a single recognized hooker come round one and this is just avoiding murphies law in my opinion.

BBO looks to have some pace and footwork which gets fapped over these days. Not sure about the rest of his game. I've only seen highlights footage, so it's hard to tell. I think he's a few years away from debuting anyway. Will Kerr played some stints in a lower grade team in England and I hadn't heard much about him after that.

I never actually saw Kerr play, but from all reports he was pretty small and potentially this put a limit on how far he was going to go with his career. I have a cousin that was rated as the next big thing for Wests at hooker until it became clear that he wasn't going to get large enough to really hold his own in the NRL with the fact that even the little guys in the NRL are generally large units compared to most people. It's one of the downsides to the way the game has progressed over the years. You lose out on some very talented players because they're just a bit too small to face the behemoths that fill most rosters.

He was still playing in the lower grades in England. I read an article that mentioned him. I guess if he had the ability to progress he would have found his way into a Super League team while there. But for whatever reason he didn't really progress. Maybe he just hit his peak in the lower grades and others surpassed him. I know that quite a few people said he wasn't going to be big enough to make it into the NRL. But thats football these days. The 10 metre rule and unlimited interchange has meant that in so many cases, all the talent in the world doesn't go far if you are the size of a pimple compared to the guys who progress.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jackson_1994

Jackson_1994 Kennel Regular

I seen will Kerr was back playing for his local side back in aus last year

20. Alan79

Alan79 Kennel Immortal

I haven't followed him beyond being curious after he disappeared when he was talked up on here. Spoonman mentioned above that he was playing for Camden too. If he's anything like my cousin he might enjoy being a big fish in a small pond talent wise. I guess it's just unfortunate that players that have promise don't always progress. In some ways it makes you wonder how so many players these days that do make it into the NRL can throw it all away with stupid behavior.