Bulldogs snub Sezer again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
AIDAN Sezer is the Canterbury junior who the Bulldogs knocked back — not once but twice. Yep they let the best local playmaker since Brent Sherwin leave the club for $70,000 in 2012, and now The Sunday Telegraph can reveal they turned their back on him again this year in a gift to Ricky Stuart and the Raiders.

Out to bring down the club he once dreamed of playing NRL for when he lines up for the Titans against the Bulldogs on Sunday, Sezer, 24, admitted he was interested in rejoining the Bulldogs next year before signing on to become part of the Green Machine.

But with Des Hasler seemingly ready to take a gamble on untested playmaker Moses Mybe, the club was not even interested in talking to the Berala Bears junior, who since leaving Belmore has become one of the most consistent and exciting young playmakers in the game.

“I am happy with my decision but in a perfect world I would have ended up a Bulldog,” Sezer said.

“It was my ambition growing up but that didn’t happen and now I have moved on. I am happy with the way it is panning out and I am looking forward to going to Canberra, but I did think it would have been nice.’’

Sezer may go on to become one of the best Bulldogs juniors never to have played NRL for the club.

A lack of interest at Canterbury — and an opportunity to join the Titans — saw the former NYC five-eighth of the year leave the Bulldogs in a switch that prevented him teaming up with Josh Reynolds in what would have been a rare and exciting all local NRL halves pairing.

And again, a lack of interest and not so much as an offer stopped it from happening next year.

On Sunday, he will play against Reynolds and his former Bulldogs Under 20 teammates Sam Kasiano and Tim Lafai.

“I just didn’t get the opportunity I would have liked there and I was offered it on the Gold Coast,’’ Sezer said.

“At the time they had just signed Hodko and they had Kris Keating. Josh Reynolds was also coming through and Ben Roberts was there. I was playing 20s and I got an opportunity and I took it. I had a bit of growing up to do and I thought going to the Gold Coast was the right move and it ended up that way.

“I was looking forward to, and it would have been nice to wear the Bulldogs colours in first grade, but that’s life. I am just privileged to be doing what I love for a living and I will leave it at that.

“I played with Tim Lafai, Josh Jackson and Sam Kasiano. They all went through and it would be nice to get one back on a couple of them.’’

Canberra signed Sezer on a deal rumoured to be worth $400,000 a year after the Bulldogs showed no interest in talking with him. He has no regrets with the decision and is now intent on establishing himself as one of the best and most consistent halves in the game.

“I have been working on my game for a while and I am a bit older and a lot more mature. I am 24 this year so it is time for me to step up. I need to find consistency. I want to finish the year off strongly with Neil Henry and then I will get down to Canberra and look to continue improving under Ricky with an exciting new team.’’

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor... dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

Last edited by a moderator:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Interesting I guess they set there hearts on mbye Reynolds combination

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lmao @ midway through the article:

Other Stories

‘I was thinking with my penis’
‘I was thinking with my penis’

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“I have been working on my game for a while and I am a bit older and a lot more mature. I am 24 this year so it is time for me to step up. I need to find consistency. I want to finish the year off strongly with Neil Henry and then I will get down to Canberra and look to continue improving under Ricky with an exciting new team.’’
Seriously, good luck with that young fella!!!

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also not much he said wrong. Just the Daily Tele trying to stir shit once again

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His a ****ing germ, met him once! And would lick his own dick if he could!!! Couldn't get anymore arrogant if you tryed!!!!!!!!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have faith in the club. There's obviously a reason we didn't want him back.

Bloody good player though. Definitely doesn't get the recognition he deserves up there for the Titans.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have faith in the club. There's obviously a reason we didn't want him back.

Bloody good player though. Definitely doesn't get the recognition he deserves up there for the Titans.
We have no room for him in the team. If we got him we may have lost mbye

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have no room for him in the team. If we got him we may have lost mbye
Hodkinson's gone and Reynolds is in good touch right now, but we don't know how long that will last.

A combination of Mbye and Sezer would have been a very good balance.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
From memory he signed with GC when Moore was told he wasn't going to be coaching in 2012 and things were in limbo for us. Who knows what would have happened if he stayed.

Anyway hoping the Mbye/Reynolds combo works well for many years to come, we haven't had that much luck with halves since shifty left.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Him and Reynolds will be at each other all game, hope Teynolds keeps his cool.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Lol. The media has been whacking off to Mbye all year and all of a sudden for this article he's 'untested'.
Give me a break. The guy walked out because he needed the $$$ to match his ego. Funny that we let our most talented halves junior since Brent Sherwin go yet we have had one junior and one recruit both play state of origin while that little germ stagnated on the GC

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping we would sign him he's a good player arrogance isn't a bad thing for a half back they need to back themselves and he does

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I was hoping we would sign him he's a good player arrogance isn't a bad thing for a half back they need to back themselves and he does
Arrogance is a problem when you're team ****ing hate you because you've got a big ****ing mouth

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a few years back he said he's matured shows on the field and went through lower grades with a if chunk of our team

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
always rated sezer, but won't comment on the supposed ego as i havent met him.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
That was a few years back he said he's matured shows on the field and went through lower grades with a if chunk of our team
Yep and he's apparently hot shit but everyone he listed has gone on to play rep and he hasnt

Status
Not open for further replies.