Bulldogs snub for former NZ Warriors skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/10081516/Bulldogs-snub-for-former-NZ-Warriors-skipper

Former Warriors skipper Steve Price has been snubbed by his original NRL club the Canterbury Bulldogs for a major reunion.

The Bulldogs were celebrating the 10th anniversary of their grand final win over the Roosters ... but nobody thought to invite the skipper.
Injury prevented Price from playing in the 2004 decider but there can be no denying he was the heartbeat of the club at the time. Which makes the fact he didn't get a start at a Bulldogs Members and Fans Day last weekend all the more staggering.
The shindig was billed as a chance to "Join past players from the 2004 Premiership Team" at Peter Moore Field at Belmore yesterday. When Price found out about it yesterday morning, he tweeted: "@NRL-Bulldogs Disappointed we didn't get an invite to attend the Fan day to celebrate 10 years 2004 Premiership Team."
When contacted, the former Queensland and Test prop said: "I just sent a tweet saying I would have liked to have known the fan day was on because I would have like to join them.
"In a couple of weeks I'm going to Canberra, they've got one before the Bulldogs-Canberra game. Obviously I played in the '94 grand final, we didn't win it but we're having a reunion, so they invited us and there are about six Bulldogs going.
"I just thought if I'd known about it, I would have made plans to be there. It's just unusual, that's all.
"My daughter is playing [netball] there for the Magic tomorrow, so I would have definitely made the trip over to have watched her, go to that and then shoot up to the Origin."
Some of the fans were also disappointed. One tweeted: "@StevePrice @NRL-Bulldogs I was only going to go today because I wanted to get a signature off you for my captains' jersey. Poor form dogs."

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mother F*ckers

I love Pricey.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not suprised.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Accident or not? Seems unlikely they could forget Pricey?

I got to meet him in the dogbox a year or two ago, so he wasn't being shunned by the club then...

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not suprised.
Me either. A lot of people who work for the Buldogs are lazy or simply couldn't care less.

Extremely unprofessional which makes the club look like shit.

As a fan who's dealt with the club on numerous occasions, I've been screwed over, messed around with and lied to on a number of occasions. People behind the scenes at our club aren't all saints.

If they'd forget something as simple as inviting a Captain to his own anniversary, what then do you think they make of the fans?

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oversight i would hope. May have assume he wouldn't want to go for air fares and hotels for a fan day.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was deliberate. They were extremely pissed off when he left.
Still, no need to snub him. Time should heal all wounds.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats extremely poor form by the Dogs club!

He was treated as a hero but now he is forgotten only 10 years later? Wtf!

Price even said he would have attended which makes it even worse...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Me either. A lot of people who work for the Buldogs are lazy or simply couldn't care less.

Extremely unprofessional which makes the club look like shit.

As a fan who's dealt with the club on numerous occasions, I've been screwed over, messed around with and lied to on a number of occasions. People behind the scenes at our club aren't all saints.

If they'd forget something as simple as inviting a Captain to his own anniversary, what then do you think they make of the fans?
The club only loves the fans aslong as we keep pumping them money. Obviously some people at the club genuinely love the fans and enjoy being around us, but that is only a small group that is likely to get smaller.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was deliberate. They were extremely pissed off when he left.
Still, no need to snub him. Time should heal all wounds.
Surely it couldn't be deliberate? Thats makes it even worse.

Players come & go in NRL these days because of the salary cap. Imagine if we do win it this year & they have a 10 year reunion. Based on the above you would be lucky to invite possibly 2 players!

It though their motto is the Family Club!

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That is absolutely shocking by Bulldogs hierachy. Pricey was an integral part of the Bulldogs 'culture' for over a decade and was our Captain for all of 2004 (except in the GF where 'Bobcat' made his debut as Captain). I loved JT's gifting of his Medal to Pricey - absolute champions those 2.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Disgusting if true..Were any of the other players from 04 there though?? I doubt they would have invited Mason and SBW

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Disgusting if true..Were any of the other players from 04 there though?? I doubt they would have invited Mason and SBW
Why bring $BW when he just simply walked out on us, **** him and his services!!

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is just as bad a snub as when the NRL forgot to invite 3 immortals (Langlands,Gasnier,Raper) to their season launch last year.

Poor form whoever was organising the event.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Why bring $BW when he just simply walked out on us, **** him and his services!!
Mason walked out too. Its a celebration of the past premiership and all players should be invited back. I couldn't give a **** if they invited sonny or not but the club does not do enough to celebrate past premierships. Not once have I seen them bring together the 95 players at a game...fkn shit.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Massive oversight, but I'm sure that's all it was.
Someone in PR who knows nothing about the club probably looked at the teamsheet and invited people from there.
Dissapointed for pricey, though.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Well let's put it this way. He promised Bullfrog he'd be a one club man and he wasn't. He wasn't squeezed out by the salary cap, he wanted to go and he chose to leave at a time when we really needed leadership. The fact that he chose to air his grievances in a public forum suggests that he would rather try to humiliate the club rather than deal with them civilly.

He lives in NZ now. He probably didn't get an invite for that reason. Somebody probably made the assumption that he wouldn't attend. Poor judgement? Definitely. Malicious? Definitely not. Are you telling me that he still has an interest in the club but didn't know it was on beforehand? He doesnt follow our twitter account? Or talk to bobcat or the general?

Wow it seems to me like he was shown the same type of interest that he has shown since he left. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.