Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs skipper frustrated with Reynolds

By Matt Encarnacion
May 6, 2015, 11:06 am

Bulldogs stand-in skipper Aidan Tolman admits he is frustrated with the amount of time teammate Josh Reynolds is spending on the sideline due to suspension.

Reynolds will miss this week's trip to Townsville after taking an early guilty plea on a tripping charge from last weekend's City-Country fixture.

Bulldogs skipper frustrated with Reynolds
It is the second time this year the 26-year-old will be out of NRL action due to his own ill-discipline, having also copped a two-game ban in March for a dangerous throw.

"It is frustrating because we definitely want him on the field. He knows that," Tolman told AAP.

"I think he's missed more games this year than he's played. It's disappointing in that regard, but that's footy sometimes."

The incumbent New South Wales five-eighth has copped heavy fire from all rugby league quarters for his poor performance against Country, but Tolman believes Reynolds' aggressive style has made him an easy target for critics.

He also missed two matches for tripping Ben Barba in a clash against the Broncos last season.

"Obviously he knows that that's something in his game that he's done a few times now," Tolman said.

"But in saying that, a lot of other players do things like that. You look at another incident in the game and players don't get bagged as much as Josh does.

"I think it is unfair.

"I feel for Josh. He's such a lovely guy and he's like James [Graham]. You want him in your side because you know what he's going to bring.

"He mightn't do the best play every time, but you know he's always going to be there. That's what I love about him and that's why I want him in my team every week."

Another suspended Bulldog, club captain James Graham, will return for the side's clash with the Roosters the following week.

"The amount of work that he gets through and his leadership on the field, no one in our team can bring that," Tolman said.

"We definitely miss him. He's our best forward in my opinion. Having him back next week will be great.

"I'm sure he'll bring plenty of energy and that leadership that he adds. That competitiveness got him into trouble, but that's what we love.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"I feel for Josh. He's such a lovely guy and he's like James [Graham]. You want him in your side because you know what he's going to bring.

Well said Aidan Tolman.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We really really need to start winning games...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We really really need to start winning games...
Well we can win this week because we have a composed player in the 6 that brings the players around him into the game and gives them the ball with room to move.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Michael Ennis said something along the lines of Josh's erratic behavior is due to trying too hard for the blues jersey..

I like him but he just needs to act professional and do what he's being paid to do, trust Des and the other players.. I think he's u10's mentality is deep seeded.. nothing that a bit of hypnotherapy won't fix.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Ennis said something along the lines of Josh's erratic behavior is due to trying too hard for the blues jersey..

I like him but he just needs to act professional and do what he's being paid to do, trust Des and the other players.. I think he's u10's mentality is deep seeded.. nothing that a bit of hypnotherapy won't fix.

That's what I said last week... He needs to concentrate on the Bulldogs and his position within the team.. Not state, or Country

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I think the club does use guided/sports imagery...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed..

We need to get our troops back on the paddock.. And play like a team before we pass judgement on our halves combination...
I was thinking more from the perspective of winning on paddock means fewer stupid comments and less petty fighting among ourselves :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
like flash cards of smudges?
Lol no, its more like visualising scenarios and walking your way through them...well i gather Novak would do some work on that with the boys

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no. Is this the bit where we 'stick by Josh' and lose Moses Mbye?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the reeality is that no one knows what Reynolds will bring to the table. It could be the brillianr pass that put Rona in for a try when the game was only 60 seconds old or a brain sniap.

The fact that Reynolds is a great guy off the field is something inside that makes him that way. Also what ever causes his ill disciplined irrational acts on the field that cost his team a lot more than a penalty is also something inside the man.

I'm not pretending to have any psychiatric know how but it is obvious that Reynolds needs to make a move now to eradicate his "Mr Hyde" on filed attitude or he can kiss his Rugby League career goodbye.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol no, its more like visualising scenarios and walking your way through them...well i gather Novak would do some work on that with the boys
Those inservice clinics are probably ok for improving your game but I truly think his mind is 'stuck' at junior level when he could outrun and outperform kids who only played for fun..and when he's in a dire situation he just channels that experience and tries to apply it at a professional level and comes off looking like a goose.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Those inservice clinics are probably ok for improving your game but I truly think his mind is 'stuck' at junior level when he could outrun and outperform kids who only played for fun..and when he's in a dire situation he just channels that experience and tries to apply it at a professional level and comes off looking like a goose.
Tbh the guy is just a dirty player, he has been like this since juniors.. this was his 3rd trip in 15 games, it is deliberate act and nothing more. I don't really see how hypnotherapy would really help him, he needs to cop a real punishment and put his head down, work hard and stay out of trouble.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh the guy is just a dirty player, he has been like this since juniors.. this was his 3rd trip in 15 games, it is deliberate act and nothing more. I don't really see how hypnotherapy would really help him, he needs to cop a real punishment and put his head down, work hard and stay out of trouble.
I'm no expert on hypnotherapy but it does work to break habitual problems which I think Josh has.. no doubt he's been told many times to stop the brain snaps , been suspended ,ridiculed (no shit),disciplined, re coached , shown sports imagery but
none of it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.