Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His go forward when he’s consistent and aggression in defence would be massive for us and our soft pack.
Smith would go well off the back of him.
Perhaps signing a big forward with skills will entice Smith more.

If he came hopefully he would be more consistent, I think if his role was in the middle and had a job of metres and offloads he would go well, his edge defence could be cumbersome

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What the **** now way he’s that value. He 500k 550k max not 700k. As tbaz said we wont pay overs so
I dont think anyone is gonna get him unless dragons are stupid enough to pay that bs amount.

Attachments

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucane is a great player don't get me wrong. They reckon his preparation is second to none and he could be a role model for other players but we already have that type of player in Josh Jackson (on around 700K). Elliott and Thompson (both on decent money) aren't physically big like Jackson. When Napa leaves we lose a lot of size. We've seen our whole forward pack get trampled by bigger stronger packs this year. We need a BIG strong prop to replace Napa. Someone who can make decent metres when we're stuggling to get out of our own end. Someone who can also hit hard in defence and intimidate a bit. Someone who provides a bit of x-Factor / strike and isn't just about taking settlers on the opposition tryline would be a bonus. I can't think of another player "who'se available" who provides all these features other than TPJ. Yes if we could get Haas of course but he's in contract until 2024 and I really can't see the Broncos letting him leave. They have him on a bargain deal.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we are serious about getting him you would think he would chose us over anyone else
Finucane will be chasing the money and most probably new scenery.. Something tells me he'll be in either North or South QLD.

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Finucane and I always thought that both Finucane and Jackson bought the best out of each other. Having a hardworking forward that will always give 100% is a good foundation to build on.

The question is, how much do you pay for experience?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dale is a winner he has played in a ridiculous amount of finals and grand finals and has the attitude we need.

He averages 15 wins every season and when you have a losing culture like we do someone like that is gold.

Give me someone like Dale over Pangai Junior who is more talented but couldn't give a rats ass if he wins or losses.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So its just us and dragons now chasing
Him. Or have dragons also stopped the talk.
Isn't it funny how we hear another club is chasing TPJ and were still saying nothing, that's what's wrong with this club, guaranteed he goes to Saints because we won't pay overs.
How the fuck does this club think any player will sign with us unless we pay more than another club, Saints are as bad as us so all we have to do is pay more than Saints and if that means paying overs then so be it, sometimes you have to dig deep to get what you want.
There shouldn't be any excuse if we're so cashed up unless our cap is fucked again, we've had too many lean years it's time to build a team that's competitive or are we destined to be the cellar dwellers for many years to come

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how we hear another club is chasing TPJ and were still saying nothing, that's what's wrong with this club, guaranteed he goes to Saints because we won't pay overs.
How the fuck does this club think any player will sign with us unless we pay more than another club, Saints are as bad as us so all we have to do is pay more than Saints and if that means paying overs then so be it, sometimes you have to dig deep to get what you want.
There shouldn't be any excuse if we're so cashed up unless our cap is fucked again, we've had too many lean years it's time to build a team that's competitive or are we destined to be the cellar dwellers for many years to come
100% agree otherwise we gonna have to resign some duds out of the 16 off contract. Dont wanna see most of them at our club ever again. Tbaz and warburton losing their minds with this patient bs. Need to sign someone like TPJ which is actually what we need for our forward pack before they arent on the market.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dale is a winner he has played in a ridiculous amount of finals and grand finals and has the attitude we need.

He averages 15 wins every season and when you have a losing culture like we do someone like that is gold.

Give me someone like Dale over Pangai Junior who is more talented but couldn't give a rats ass if he wins or losses.
Thats a mental stat hey, a Grand Final every 35 games.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At first when I thought about Dale, I though "yuck too much sameness about the pack" blah blah.

But now I think who cares he's a WINNER. He can show these bunch of losers what it takes to be a winner like him. Topine and Doorey and who ever else have never been around and out and out winner before.

If we get TPJ so be it, but I'd prefer Dale now.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucane is not someone we need right now please don’t tell me this isnt happening, he’s good don’t get me wrong but in this current team he isn’t what we should be looking for right now!
So we don’t need a proven big game player whose work ethic is second to none and could bring a winning attitude back to our team ?