Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In Hetherington & TPJ we have penalty magnets & suspension kings. Wonder if sportsbet will have odds on who will be the worst one on each offence.

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Incorrect. TRex was already a star when Des signed him. TPJ has shown nothing but indiscretions and inconsistency and yet we are paying almost 700k a season for him. Try again.
T-Rex had 1 good season - the season he was in his last year of a Manly contract.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs close to signing Tevita Pangai Jr, and in talks over Paul Vaughan | Daily Telegraph
Could this be Gus’ great day one coup at Belmore?
The Daily Telegraph has been told Canterbury is closing in on another marquee signing for next season — Brisbane forward Tevita Pangai Jr.

And in a further revelation, the Bulldogs are also in talks with sacked St George Illawarra prop Paul Vaughan.

It is understood Canterbury’s three-year offer for Pangai Jr could be accepted in the next 48 hours.

Wests Tigers’ three-year offer is understood to be higher but Pangai has told Broncos teammates that he is leaning towards joining the Bulldogs.

Tevita Pangai Jr could be on his way to the Bulldogs. Picture: NRL Photos

Tevita Pangai Jr could be on his way to the Bulldogs. Picture: NRL Photos
Privately, Bulldogs officials are confident of signing Pangai but remain wary the Broncos powerhouse might opt for the larger offer from Concord at the 11th hour.

Phil Gould started his new role as Bulldogs general manager of football on Monday and wasn’t involved in the club’s initial talks with Pangai.

But Gould is close to the negotiations through his strong friendship with Matt Desira, Pangai’s manager.

Tigers and Canterbury officials are hoping for a decision from Pangai by Tuesday or Wednesday.

The Bulldogs’ offer starts from this year.

Canterbury has enjoyed a remarkable recruitment build-up for 2022 which includes signing Josh Addo-Carr, Matt Burton, Brent Naden and Matt Dufty.

Pangai would give the Dogs some grunt and size up front.

Phil Gould is on deck at the Bulldogs.

Phil Gould is on deck at the Bulldogs.
Wests Tigers management hasn’t given up on signing Pangai and believe they too remain firmly in contention.

There was a suggestion Canterbury’s three-year deal was worth $2.1m but that figure has been strongly denied internally.

Brisbane would be prepared to keep Pangai for the final year of his deal next season but the player wants to leave Red Hill.

Canterbury is also considering signing Vaughan, however his situation is complex given he was handed an eight-match suspension by the NRL for his now infamous Covid barbecue that breached protocols.

Having now been sacked, potential suitors want to know whether the NRL would allow Vaughan – given he would have already served a lengthy suspension this year – to start next season.

Sacked Dragon Paul Vaughan is on the hunt for a new club. Picture: Simon Bullard

Sacked Dragon Paul Vaughan is on the hunt for a new club. Picture: Simon Bullard
An eight-week ban from the start of next year would discourage clubs from signing Vaughan. However, Canterbury is believed to be looking at potentially signing Vaughan for the remaining six or seven games of 2021, which would count towards his suspension.

The negotiations would hinge on what the NRL Intergrity Unit considers a fair price for the remaining three months of Vaughan’s $800,000 annual salary.

At market value, that would cost the Bulldogs — or any team — around $200,000.

The Bulldogs have 15 players coming off contact after this season, a ruthless clean up looming at success-starved Belmore.
Geez I hate these vulture reporters taking sneaky photos (of Vaughan) like this

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just get your friend to write to the actual player rather than their friend. It's proven to be 90% more effective.
I find it easier if your friend could write to the players friend who is a relative of the neighbor who grew up being friends with someone who played cricket with a friend of the player. May as well go straight to the source here I feel.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
idk about you guys, but this gets my dick hard:

1. Matt Dufty
2. Brent Naden
3. Nick Cotric
4. Aaron Shoupp
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. Jake Averillo
8. Luke Thompson
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Paul Vaughn
11. Tevita Pangai Jr
12. Raymond Faitala Mariner
13. Josh Jackson

14. Bailey Biondi-Odo
15. Jack Hetherington
16. Matt Doorey
17. Ava Seumanufangai

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
idk about you guys, but this gets my dick hard:

1. Matt Dufty
2. Brent Naden
3. Nick Cotric
4. Aaron Shoupp
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. Jake Averillo
8. Luke Thompson
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Paul Vaughn
11. Tevita Pangai Jr
12. Raymond Faitala Mariner
13. Josh Jackson

14. Bailey Biondi-Odo
15. Jack Hetherington
16. Matt Doorey
17. Ava Seumanufangai
Elliott will be there (at worst on the bench) unless he's moved on (which I'd say is unlikely). I think it's likely Naden and Cotric are swapped too.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott will be there (at worst on the bench) unless he's moved on (which I'd say is unlikely). I'd swap Naden and Cotric as well.
yep, adam "17th in the NRL for missed tackles" elliot will be there unfortunately, but i couldnt honestly put him over anyone else. I just feel like cotric is too big to be a winger. his contract is also too big to be a winger long term