Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We still have 2 x rosters spots to fill for this year? From memory there was the one we were saving for Burton and then the recent one that has become available through the departure of DWZ. If Brisbane want to offload TPJ or anyone else you would think we are good to go immediately.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we couldnt land SJ when we were up against only NZ who came in very late.. we are no chance of TPJ..
Personally while disappointing (I liked the idea of some more experienced help for sj) I’m not gutted if we got him at 500k great.

I do believe he probably took slightly under or at worst that to go to nz (no way they had to outbid us, it’s his home country and where his heart is and can finish there)

I would not want us paying 700k+ for him. Not worth it.

He gets 1 more injury and it’s pretty much curtains for him.

500k was a worthy punt. Not to be.

That said we have shed dwz. We have some options with our backline pretty solid. Burton is the chief. Jac cotric and naden are locks in the backline. Jake too. He could be 1 or 7 depending on him and what happens with Allen and Flanagan I guess.

That said we need a fucking 9. Brandon smith just on my opinion got his magic figure. I don’t care if he wants 100k more than we offered. After this with sj you go and pay it. He’s a must. 24 and arguably the best 9 this year with about 6 weeks of fitness to adjust there.

Next is Pangai. Do I wish it was Paulo, haas, papalii? Sure. Is there a chance we get them 2022? No.

Pangai is the build, ability and AVAILABLE!

We can’t lose to other clubs on these 2.

We then make some smart signings. With Napa hoppa Britt Meaney Lewis jmk Crichton c smith etc off the books we have more than enough $ to add them and with dwz gone which is added to the money we had for burton this year I’d give straight to Pangai.

Then plan to build. We have jacko, rfm, Stimson off soon. Perhaps a different build in the back row like Kikau or something. Who knows.

If Flanagan and jake and Allen don’t work we also have a season to figure it out: personally I think Allen could be sufficient at 1 like he was at south’s. this years squad and a backline with burton cotric jac naden is not comparable. Allen could be more than serviceable.

Anyway it’s onto the club now though if they miss them 2 then I can’t see them lasting much longer. The burton and jac signings are huge especially considering how well priced. Naden is great in my opinion for us too due to the lack of centre we have and his ability and price!

If the can get Pangai and Brandon onto that list well it’s exceptional. Even missing sj.

Without it looks like they started with a bang and completely lost any ability to close a deal and leave the roster exceptionally weak.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed every player linked to the Dogs don't sign,because where not really interested,believe me I'll put it on the line Woods or Klemmer will be in the Blue n white in 22

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you noticed every player linked to the Dogs don't sign,because where not really interested,believe me I'll put it on the line Woods or Klemmer will be in the Blue n white in 22
Coupla powder puffs you reckon Davey?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you are wrong????

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tbh I don’t know bro, his contributions for the donkeys this season has been him giving away penalties, making unforced errors, getting sinbinned and being suspended.
I agree man, but a) so has the rest of their team, there is something wrong at the broncs and b) he is still a step up on our pack except for maybe 1 or 2 like Luke etc.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You cant have Tpj, elliott and Hetherington in the same team in 5 mins they could demolish the game along with a probably 8 weeks between each **** injured or suspended but they signed flano & waddell, kept elliott so i guess his a chance if they lookin

Save the dosh for either Tino, Hass or J Papalii if they leave all origin forwards with mongrel whats needed in this team along with cheese

Jfh didnt not impress me leading the Panthers to 2 straight losses in a weaker side not worth 800k
Hass is
I agree to some extent man, but I we can't keep waiting and waiting for the best of the best... not until we are more attractive as a club for players

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently backflipping. Kevvie has told him he is wanted at broncos. There goes that. Ikin comes in and makes the call I reckon
Seriously? Where did you hear that? If i was him id fuck off anyway after the way they treated me to be honest

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t be surprised if the Roosters sign Taupau and/or TPJ; the Dogs end up with JWH/Liu
Sorry dude but JWH is signed until the end of 2023 and we would never let Liu go as he's been a cornerstone of our pack for years, more so than JWH imo.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why do we need a smoke screen for SJ when its well known that we've made an offer and hes wanting to come?
TPJ and Lodge staying at Broncos this year.
Where next guys??

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard Liu to titans on 3 years deal
That would certainly be a coup and a pretty stupid recruitment considering they need halves more than they need more forwards. If Holbrook can't get value out of Fifita, Wallace, Fa'asuamaleaui, Proctor or Ese'ese, I doubt adding Iceman will change their future.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Regardless of whom the signings are, the Blues proved the style of players needed to be dominant in the new game. We need to chase players or coach players (fancy that) in this style of footy. If we chase the build and the ability and the rest should be coached in to them. Simples.