News Bulldogs sign Cook

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No it’s pretty spot on! We got to the big dance by default, limped into the semis & duly ripped a new one. In case you forgot, we were pumped 30-6 ; it has been a horror show
The score was Souths 14-6 with 7 minutes to go to be fair.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This kid can play with plenty of skill , hopefully he kicks on and we save a bundle on cheese

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is another report of a player signed, but nothing official from the club. With this guy, that dummy half that won the Mal Meninga Cup in 2018, the huge Wests forward, and the back rower from QLD also reported today, we would be at our top 30. However none of those supposed signings have been officially announced.
why would they be announced no club announces junior player signings and look at larson dale doyle for example bulldogs didnt announce him but an article did and hes now playing in bulldogs jersey flegg

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa was on good money which was the main problem. He was touted as the next big thing. Cook will probably be a 3rd string hooker here on minimum wage (or not even in the top 30).
We poached him from the Sharks with a lucrative 1 million over 3 year deal. We all thought he was going to be a future Rep player. At the time, I think he was just finished playing in the NYC system. I can't believe we let Michael Ennis and Damien Cook go. I don't know who is responsible for that decision but yeah it was a shit move!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We poached him from the Sharks with a lucrative 1 million over 3 year deal. We all thought he was going to be a future Rep player. At the time, I think he was just finished playing in the NYC system. I can't believe we let Michael Ennis and Damien Cook go. I don't know who is responsible for that decision but yeah it was a shit move!
I would of never let Ennis go (at least when we did), him, Reynolds and Graham together were the soul of the club. I guess we were trying to future proof signing the next best thing but it definitely back fired.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa was on good money which was the main problem. He was touted as the next big thing. Cook will probably be a 3rd string hooker here on minimum wage (or not even in the top 30).
I'll retell what I was told by the Melbourne talent scout in Sydney years ago...
He walked into my work place and said...you've got him
I asked who
He said Lichaa, 16 clubs were trying to sign him but the Bulldogs paid most and continued Melbourne were looking at him as a replacement for Cameron Smith !
Poor Lichaa ...He didn't know DesTroyer Hasler was waiting for him at the Bulldogs :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We seem to be signing a lot of people but nothing official from the club.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it’s pretty spot on! We got to the big dance by default, limped into the semis & duly ripped a new one. In case you forgot, we were pumped 30-6 ; it has been a horror show
I remember it clearly, thanks, as I was at the game. Whether we 'limped' in or not, I hardly classify making a grand final as a horror show of a season. Especially with the added context of where we are now - that's a horror show.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus making things happen. I can’t wait for 22, we will all be much happier with what we see next year, it’s shaping nicely.!!

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing official from the club because some would be development contracts. Josh cook and John Asiata would be top 30 signings.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa was the NSW U20s hooker & everybody said he was promising. The problem was Des wanted a tackling hooker & Lichaa was a running hooker. Des destroyed his career.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lichaa was the NSW U20s hooker & everybody said he was promising. The problem was Des wanted a tackling hooker & Lichaa was a running hooker. Des destroyed his career.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The score was Souths 14-6 with 7 minutes to go to be fair.
Are you kidding? To be or fair?????
The FULL TIME score was 30-6!!!!! That’s all she wrote…….